• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I've given up trying to predict what happens next.
I can't see there being enough votes for a 2nd Referendum or a General Election.
I would say Johnson't deal won't get voted through either BUT Tories in particular are hypocrites so will vote to suit their backers. In theory the ERG will not back the deal if the DUP are not happy; I can't see those MPs expelled by Johnson backing him. God knows what Labour Leavers will do??

I can't see there being a GE until Brexit is done and dusted; when that happens the Brexit Party becomes irrelevant and Tories will benefit.
If there is a GE I doubt anyone will get a clear majority; one good outcome could be Labour getting rid of Corbyn.

But what do I know?

It's sure going to be interesting,if what barnier said is true that there will be no extension then Saturday becomes a take it or leave it vote,the Benn act becomes void,where does that leave the remain camp?.

Of course there is that troublesome qc filing another case preventing mps debating the deal,this would also leave them hanging in the air so I just hope the other states agree with barnier.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's sure going to be interesting,if what barnier said is true that there will be no extension then Saturday becomes a take it or leave it vote,the Benn act becomes void,where does that leave the remain camp?.

Of course there is that troublesome qc filing another case preventing mps debating the deal,this would also leave them hanging in the air so I just hope the other states agree with barnier.
Indeed...Brexit will take place idependently from the deal vote.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
20191017_165909.jpg

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Well, I don't have a dog in this fight, but just as an onlooker I haven't expected a happy ending for quite some time, and putting Boris Bugaroff at the helm is like cutting off your foot the better to run the marathon.

And the question after that is whether the UK will become just the K.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well, I don't have a dog in this fight, but just as an onlooker I haven't expected a happy ending for quite some time, and putting Boris Bugaroff at the helm is like cutting off your foot the better to run the marathon.

And the question after that is whether the UK will become just the K.

The chance of a happy ending dissapeared when Cameron deserted his post and the remain factions do or die attempts to block brexit.

The SNP are pushing for another independence referendum,it would be a mistake for them and I don't see it going their way as in the the indyref.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The chance of a happy ending dissapeared when Cameron deserted his post and the remain factions do or die attempts to block brexit.

The SNP are pushing for another independence referendum,it would be a mistake for them and I don't see it going their way as in the the indyref.
It is NOT the Remainers fault

If the Leave side had not oversold and had a plan it would have been fine.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It is NOT the Remainers fault

If the Leave side had not oversold and had a plan it would have been fine.

But it is,no matter what deal is presented the remain camp will dismiss it,some want it tagged on to a referendum which will be even more devicive,the remain camp in parliament have failed the British peope at every turn.

Altfish

Veteran Member
But it is,no matter what deal is presented the remain camp will dismiss it,some want it tagged on to a referendum which will be even more devicive,the remain camp in parliament have failed the British peope at every turn.
As a Remainer, I want what was promised, so yes, I will dismiss all deals that fail to make the grade of what was promised in 2016.
If Leavers had told the truth then we might be getting what they had promised.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
But it is,no matter what deal is presented the remain camp will dismiss it...

Well, it's better than no deal, in the same way it's better to shoot yourself in one foot, rather than both, but it's still a stupid act of pointless self-harm, and it's still nothing like what was promised in the referendum.

...some want it tagged on to a referendum which will be even more devicive,the remain camp in parliament have failed the British peope at every turn.

Why so frightened of democracy? The leave campaigned lied through their teeth about what leaving would be like and now we have something quite different, it should be voted on by the people.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Take the option of remain off the ballot paper and let the people decide whether to accept the Boris Treaty or leave with a clean break it could be classed as democracy.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Take the option of remain off the ballot paper and let the people decide whether to accept the Boris Treaty or leave with a clean break it could be classed as democracy.
In other words, give the population a choice of a Bad Deal or a Really Bad Deal

Brilliant, only a Leaver could come up with such stupidity.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In other words, give the population a choice of a Bad Deal or a Really Bad Deal

Brilliant, only a Leaver could come up with such stupidity.
No it would be something like this:
"British people, either we accept Boris' deal or we exit on WTO terms and the EU can go to that place:p"

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

What was offered to the people by Leave in 2016 is not available, so they should have the chance to change their minds. This is just basic democracy. Hell, it's basic fairness. If you decided to buy a new Ferrari and they offered you the choice of a clapped out Mini or bicycle instead, you should be able to say that you don't want either.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
As a Remainer, I want what was promised, so yes, I will dismiss all deals that fail to make the grade of what was promised in 2016.
If Leavers had told the truth then we might be getting what they had promised.

As a leaver I want what I voted for which was to leave,despite all the propaganda that's what was voted for.

Notanumber

A Free Man
We made our decision to leave in June 2016 so we are leaving. That is democracy.

Being a democrat, I would not object to a further referendum on the terms that I specified in my previous post.