• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Rubbish
We will be that desperate for Trade Deals that we will agree to anything; chlorinated chicken, privatised NHS, reduced workers' rights, etc,. etc,.

As a vegan, chlorinated chicken will not affect me but the chlorinated salads that currently occupy our supermarket shelves might if I decided to buy them.

So far, I have not been forced into doing so just as you will not be forced into buying chlorinated chicken.

Get over the chicken!

Altfish

Veteran Member
As a vegan, chlorinated chicken will not affect me but the chlorinated salads that currently occupy our supermarket shelves might if I decided to buy them.

So far, I have not been forced into doing so just as you will not be forced into buying chlorinated chicken.

Get over the chicken!
I'm still waiting for your list of benefits of leaving the EU, why won't you tell me?

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'm still waiting for your list of benefits of leaving the EU, why won't you tell me?

No more money to be paid to the EU, no more EU laws imposed upon us, no more jurisdiction over us by the European Court and no more open-border EU immigration.

The UK’s total independence from the EU, and to fully restore the UK’s former status as an independent, self-governing, sovereign state.

A clean exit from the EU will include withdrawing post-Brexit from PESCO (Permanent Structure Cooperation), the EU’s ‘Defence Union’, or nascent Army, which the Government agreed to prior to Brexit.

Britain’s international standing will be enhanced by leaving the EU as it will be able to act independently, whilst retaining its membership of the UN Security Council, the World Trade Organisation, the Five Eyes intelligence alliance, and over 100 other international organisations of which we are a member.

Outside the European Union Britain will be a more prosperous nation. It will regain control of its trade policy, free business from unnecessary regulation, regain control of its agricultural industry and restore its fishing industry. Increased prosperity will mean more jobs, and more tax revenue to pay for the things we all want for the British people.

Your hero Nick Clegg called Nigel a liar over this.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No more money to be paid to the EU, no more EU laws imposed upon us, no more jurisdiction over us by the European Court and no more open-border EU immigration.

The UK’s total independence from the EU, and to fully restore the UK’s former status as an independent, self-governing, sovereign state.

A clean exit from the EU will include withdrawing post-Brexit from PESCO (Permanent Structure Cooperation), the EU’s ‘Defence Union’, or nascent Army, which the Government agreed to prior to Brexit.

Britain’s international standing will be enhanced by leaving the EU as it will be able to act independently, whilst retaining its membership of the UN Security Council, the World Trade Organisation, the Five Eyes intelligence alliance, and over 100 other international organisations of which we are a member.

Outside the European Union Britain will be a more prosperous nation. It will regain control of its trade policy, free business from unnecessary regulation, regain control of its agricultural industry and restore its fishing industry. Increased prosperity will mean more jobs, and more tax revenue to pay for the things we all want for the British people.

Your hero Nick Clegg called Nigel a liar over this.

I am really disheartened by how Federica Mogherini has always worked for this criminal entity called EU, betraying the Italian interests and not understanding most Italians are voting the left out. The left is dying because of its pro-EU views.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well thank you and congratulations - you actually gave me an answer; 3-years after Brexit and you are beginning to formulate excuses, sorry ideas
But let's look at these 'benefits'...

The UK made a profit from the EU, if you factor in all the costs that we are now taking on the chin, the £350m/week was a bargain.

Yes, great, and you have full confidence in a Government run by Etonians for Etonians and the wealthy.

So, with NATO falling apart and the US only looking after itself, who do you expect to help us fight our battles?

We are part of a huge trading group that all nations want to deal with, we become an isolated small nation begging for trade deals, we are not enhanced, we are diminished.

The pigs will be flying, the unicorns will be grazing and as the world enters a recession the UK will take the brunt of it because we are now on our own.
Unemployment will rise, only made better by more 'gig' economy jobs.
The only laws that our Brexit leaders want to change involve less workers' rights and less environmental protection - you as a vegetarian should be worried about that.
Unless you know of other laws that you will change that we can't already change.

Your hero Nick Clegg...
You do live in a fantasy world, I can't stand the bloke who betrayed students for a shot at power.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well thank you and congratulations - you actually gave me an answer; 3-years after Brexit and you are beginning to formulate excuses, sorry ideas
But let's look at these 'benefits'...

The UK made a profit from the EU, if you factor in all the costs that we are now taking on the chin, the £350m/week was a bargain.

Yes, great, and you have full confidence in a Government run by Etonians for Etonians and the wealthy.

So, with NATO falling apart and the US only looking after itself, who do you expect to help us fight our battles?

We are part of a huge trading group that all nations want to deal with, we become an isolated small nation begging for trade deals, we are not enhanced, we are diminished.

The pigs will be flying, the unicorns will be grazing and as the world enters a recession the UK will take the brunt of it because we are now on our own.
Unemployment will rise, only made better by more 'gig' economy jobs.
The only laws that our Brexit leaders want to change involve less workers' rights and less environmental protection - you as a vegetarian should be worried about that.
Unless you know of other laws that you will change that we can't already change.

You do live in a fantasy world, I can't stand the bloke who betrayed students for a shot at power.
You forget one thing: Italians want to bring this EU down and they are very patient. Not this year, next year...it doesn't matter.
You shouldn't hope for an entity which is going to crumble.
And rightfully so...since the Greeks need to be avenged.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
You forget one thing: Italians want to bring this EU diwn and they are very patient. Not this year, next year...it doesn't matter.
You shouldn't hope for an entity which is going to crumble.
And rightfully so...since the Greeks need to be avenged.
Marvelous, the EU is indeed likely to decline and possibly return to a core hub but even if the 35% of Italians get their way, it will be a bad thing.
Europe needs to be united the threats from China, Russia, the Middle East and sadly the US need to be resisted. Breaking up Europe is a retrograde step.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Marvelous, the EU is indeed likely to decline and possibly return to a core hub but even if the 35% of Italians get their way, it will be a bad thing.
Europe needs to be united the threats from China, Russia, the Middle East and sadly the US need to be resisted. Breaking up Europe is a retrograde step.
Yes...Russia is no threat to us. The only country which can save us from Islamization.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Have you swallowed the lies about Islam?

What's that got to do with the EU being like China? What's more, it looks like you're the one swallowing lies. Why do you keep posting stuff by Anne Marie Waters? Last time I started watching, it was obvious she was a racist five minutes in. She's a right wing extremist - why should anybody believe a word she says?