• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Have you already started to indoctrinate your 2-year old daughter or will you be relying on our pro EU education system to do that for you?
I should have said grand daughter...
She is more interested in Ballerinas and Frozen but she will be devastated that old age pensioners have done away with her future and restricted her options.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
This is laughable. He has no democratic mandate and he's a rich, self-serving serial liar. Only the rich elite are going to benefit from a no-deal Brexit.
Jeremy Corbyn is laughable, are you claiming that he is poor as well?

I never even mentioned Corbyn - what's he got to do with Boris being a self-serving serial liar with no mandate? For the record, I'm no fan of Corbyn but it's difficult to imagine he'd be worse...

Altfish

Veteran Member
I never even mentioned Corbyn - what's he got to do with Boris being a self-serving serial liar with no mandate? For the record, I'm no fan of Corbyn but it's difficult to imagine he'd be worse...
NotaNumber assumes that if you don't like Boris then you must support Corbyn ... I don't have a clue why???

Notanumber

A Free Man
I should have said grand daughter...
She is more interested in Ballerinas and Frozen but she will be devastated that old age pensioners have done away with her future and restricted her options.

When the dust has settled, she will praise the foresight of her elders by defeating the Remainers and Remoaners. She will have a much better future once we leave the clutches of the EU.

Altfish

Veteran Member
When the dust has settled, she will praise the foresight of her elders by defeating the Remainers and Remoaners. She will have a much better future once we leave the clutches of the EU.
I await the unicorns and fields of gold; I will happily embrace the new prosperity you and your tribe promise. Although those promises have constantly diminished since election day; they are now along the lines of, "We won;t be much worse off" or " We will be back to where we were after about 10-years"

Notanumber

A Free Man
I await the unicorns and fields of gold; I will happily embrace the new prosperity you and your tribe promise. Although those promises have constantly diminished since election day; they are now along the lines of, "We won;t be much worse off" or " We will be back to where we were after about 10-years"

I would hate to be even half as depressed as a Remoaner.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I would hate to be even half as depressed as a Remoaner.
Depressed no, upset, yes.
We are making a massive mistake and are being led by donkeys. Very sad.
No one has yet told me of a tangible benefit apart from a new 50p piece and a blue passport

Notanumber

A Free Man
Depressed no, upset, yes.
We are making a massive mistake and are being led by donkeys. Very sad.
No one has yet told me of a tangible benefit apart from a new 50p piece and a blue passport

We get far more coverage of Hong Kong than we get about the atrocities in our next door neighbour.

Can you defend the actions of the Islamist supporter Macron and his EU partners?

Is a donkey not leading France?

Is a donkey not leading Germany?

Are donkeys not leading the EU?

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'm hearing a deafening silence from the Brexiteers who were outraged at the Jo Brand joke about Farage.
Where is there disgust about Aaron Bank's 'joke' about Greta Thunberg? (Difference is, Brand is a comedian, Banks is a middle aged man)
Banks is proving himself to be a total bully, already targeting Carole Cadwalladr because she is getting too close to his dodgy dealings.

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Look at these lying Remoaners.

Humm... or lying leavers.

Just on the first bit (my tolerance for blatant propaganda is limited) Philip Hammond is right on both counts. Leaving with no deal would be a betrayal of the referendum and no deal is the only honest way to go if you want a so-called "clean break".

The problem was that the leave campaign wasn't about an honest "clean break" and no deal (that was actually the point of the speech with the hasty cut-off in the video) - with billions of pounds having to be spent to deal with the consequences, people's jobs on the line, and so on, it was about how easy it would be to get what we want from the EU without paying any price for it. Many leavers were talking about a Norway style arrangement and staying in the single market.

Just as soon as we have an honest leave campaign for a "clean break" no-deal, and all that it will cost us in money and jobs, and explaining that we'll still actually have to do a deal in the long term because it would be idiotic not to, and the people vote for it - then there would be a mandate for what lying Boris is doing.

Altfish

Veteran Member
If my maths is correct, no deal is the will of just 8.8% of the country.
Will of the people it is not...

ECNGzcKXoAInNeP

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't think that we will leave.

Cannot see it happening now.

One way or t'other, we're going to find out in a couple of months but I cannot see it happening.

It's not what do or don't want now. I think Brexit is dead.

Altfish

Veteran Member

One way or t'other, we're going to find out in a couple of months but I cannot see it happening.

I hope you are right but I'm not as confident as you.
Remainers are not organised; the Leavers have contingency plans are well funded, Bannon is running the show and he is backed by Murdoch; no I think there will be more twists yet but Boris is a puppet given a job to do and by just stalling Brexit will happen.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I hope you are right but I'm not as confident as you.
Remainers are not organised; the Leavers have contingency plans are well funded, Bannon is running the show and he is backed by Murdoch; no I think there will be more twists yet but Boris is a puppet given a job to do and by just stalling Brexit will happen.

Let's see how it all turns out.
I voted for Brexit, but I don't think it can happen.

Boris needs the EU to think that he can easily gain No-Deal-Brexit, thus producing the only chance of the EU wanting to try to obtain a last minute deal.

But the EU knows that more than half of all the MPs are against a No-Deal-Brexit and therefore the EU can stand its ground until the end. = Our attempt to leave collapses and we are remaining in, probably with fines for the costs of this mess.

So..... I think Boris is going to bust. That will probably lead to a General Election... ?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Leave from what? As soon as Salvini becomes Italian PM and Le Pen French President, the EU is finished.

I notice that the British focus on UK only, ignoring what the other countries want.