• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Notanumber

A Free Man
As usual, Brexiteer's will not take responsibility for their actions. Blame everyone apart from themselves.

I blame those Brexiteer's in parliament for allowing a Remainer to take control. At least Margaret Thatcher had the decency to leave office gracefully.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I blame those Brexiteer's in parliament for allowing a Remainer to take control. At least Margaret Thatcher had the decency to leave office gracefully.
It was the wlll of the party.

At least Thatcher knew we were better off in that out of Europe

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
If the Leavers in the Tory Party actually knew what they wanted, it would have happened. But there was 10 types of Leave; Switzerland, Norway, Canada, No Deal, In or Out of the Customs Union, etc., etc.,
The Leavers were united during the campaign but totally disunited during the negotiations. There should have been a basis for negotiations ready on the day after Article 50 was invoked; the EU had one ready.

As you say a shambles by the Tories and unfortunately we have the most inept opposition party I can remember; Labour should now be 20+ points up in the opinion polls; instead they are about level.

I agree,we have a house full of inept politicians and at possibly the most important time since ww2.

I agree there should have been a plan ready as soon as article 50 was invoked,I really don't think anyone expected a leave vote.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I agree,we have a house full of inept politicians and at possibly the most important time since ww2.

I agree there should have been a plan ready as soon as article 50 was invoked,I really don't think anyone expected a leave vote.
Although maybe no one in power expected a NO vote; neither did the EU.
BUt we had 9-months post the vote before Article 50 was activated. The EU were ready, we had sat on our hands.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Although maybe no one in power expected a NO vote; neither did the EU.
BUt we had 9-months post the vote before Article 50 was activated. The EU were ready, we had sat on our hands.

Yes the people who are supposed to serve us did just that,now it's just embarrassing to watch.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Mrs May got rid of anyone that was prepared to play hardball with EU and relied on the likes Olly Robbins instead.

I probably will not live long enough to find out if she is being blackmailed. She has certainly aged over the last couple of years.

Whenever the EU has said jump her response has been to ask how high.

I get what you are saying, but at the same time it's a bit delusional.
The UK will never leave the EU on UK's terms. It would have always been on the terms of the EU.
Sitting down at that negotiation table with "hardballers", would have only resulted in a certain no-deal exit.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

There should have been a plan already during the campaign leading up to the referendum!!!

The fact that there wasn't, and still isn't, is just further evidence that the brexiteers had no clue whatsoever about what it was exactly they were proposing. Like I said previously, it's typical populism.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I get what you are saying, but at the same time it's a bit delusional.
The UK will never leave the EU on UK's terms. It would have always been on the terms of the EU.
Sitting down at that negotiation table with "hardballers", would have only resulted in a certain no-deal exit.

There should have been a plan already during the campaign leading up to the referendum!!!

The fact that there wasn't, and still isn't, is just further evidence that the brexiteers had no clue whatsoever about what it was exactly they were proposing. Like I said previously, it's typical populism.

This excellent book is much needed at the present moment now that UK has a brexit mandate.
I quote a sentence that gives the main point of the book:-
Conclusion 8 ''To sum up, if we follow the Article 50 procedure for a 'negotiated withdrawal', we are unlikely ever to see the United Kingdom restored to an independent self-governing nation'.
As I understand Mr Batten, we can unilaterally withdraw from the EU without invoking Article 50 and instead revoke the European Community Act of Parliament 1972 which will then free us to withdraw on our own terms while at the same time respecting international law and ethical considerations. We, the UK, are not bound by the Lisbon Treaty. It is non-binding and can be ignored. In fact, by my information from elsewhere, all the treaties between UK and EU that give UK sovereignty to EU are illegal under UK Law, the British Constitution, and are therefore non-binding on UK.

If you are in any way involved in brexit, as activist, campaigner, or Member of Parliament, please read this easy-to-read book full of important information on how we can leave the prison (and it is a prison) of the European Union.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Freed...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00NF2UXCK

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
This excellent book is much needed at the present moment now that UK has a brexit mandate.
I quote a sentence that gives the main point of the book:-
Conclusion 8 ''To sum up, if we follow the Article 50 procedure for a 'negotiated withdrawal', we are unlikely ever to see the United Kingdom restored to an independent self-governing nation'.
As I understand Mr Batten, we can unilaterally withdraw from the EU without invoking Article 50 and instead revoke the European Community Act of Parliament 1972 which will then free us to withdraw on our own terms while at the same time respecting international law and ethical considerations. We, the UK, are not bound by the Lisbon Treaty. It is non-binding and can be ignored. In fact, by my information from elsewhere, all the treaties between UK and EU that give UK sovereignty to EU are illegal under UK Law, the British Constitution, and are therefore non-binding on UK.

So it turns out the Lisbon Treaty wasn't this incredible foreign-spawned coup d'etat that was forced down our throats after all like Quitlers have been insisting this entire time.

What laws exactly do they break? What part(s) of the "British Constitution" do they violate? I bet Batten can't even name one.

Notanumber

A Free Man
So it turns out the Lisbon Treaty wasn't this incredible foreign-spawned coup d'etat that was forced down our throats after all like Quitlers have been insisting this entire time.

What laws exactly do they break? What part(s) of the "British Constitution" do they violate? I bet Batten can't even name one.

Our parliamentarians have become rule takers since we joined the EEC.

What Gerard predicted has come true.

The book has some very good revues.

upload_2019-5-10_7-55-35.png

Notanumber

A Free Man
As Jeff says - Now this is interesting, as according to reports, Gavin Williamson believes he is the victim of a kangaroo court and has told friends that: "I knew they were coming for me from the moment Mark Sedwill named me in that room. "The leak inquiry was always going to try to frame me." Williamson has also sworn on the lives of his children that he was not the source of the leak. And if Williamson is right then there is something rotten at the core of our government, something rotten that is a danger to our national security. Many people believe too much has been made of the leak itself in order to hide a decision to allow Huawei into the centre of our new 5G internet. One glaring omission in all of this for me though, is that while everyone says that using Huawei to provide us with such equipment would almost certainly damage our links with The US, NATO and the Five Eyes intelligence alliance, why is no-one asking whether it would also risk our involvement with the EU defence system being set up that we are still being plugged into, despite Brexit. And the PM also wants the UK involved in the EU Galileo satellite network, would our connection with Huawei damage that as well? And it turns out I am right to ask. Because The Register reported back in March that the EU is not averse to a member state using Huawei, but the US is. And, as we're being set up to take EU defence procurement rules as part of the EU defence forces under May's Withdrawal Agreement surrender treaty, using Huawei would, of course, be OK. So, the PM appears to be following the EU lead to start taking the UK away from the US and away from NATO and into the EU army. Who'd have thought it? But why is no-one asking these questions?

Altfish

Veteran Member
As Jeff says - Now this is interesting, as according to reports, Gavin Williamson believes he is the victim of a kangaroo court and has told friends that: "I knew they were coming for me from the moment Mark Sedwill named me in that room. "The leak inquiry was always going to try to frame me." Williamson has also sworn on the lives of his children that he was not the source of the leak. And if Williamson is right then there is something rotten at the core of our government, something rotten that is a danger to our national security. Many people believe too much has been made of the leak itself in order to hide a decision to allow Huawei into the centre of our new 5G internet. One glaring omission in all of this for me though, is that while everyone says that using Huawei to provide us with such equipment would almost certainly damage our links with The US, NATO and the Five Eyes intelligence alliance, why is no-one asking whether it would also risk our involvement with the EU defence system being set up that we are still being plugged into, despite Brexit. And the PM also wants the UK involved in the EU Galileo satellite network, would our connection with Huawei damage that as well? And it turns out I am right to ask. Because The Register reported back in March that the EU is not averse to a member state using Huawei, but the US is. And, as we're being set up to take EU defence procurement rules as part of the EU defence forces under May's Withdrawal Agreement surrender treaty, using Huawei would, of course, be OK. So, the PM appears to be following the EU lead to start taking the UK away from the US and away from NATO and into the EU army. Who'd have thought it? But why is no-one asking these questions?

A bit slow off the mark; left-wing commentators were saying exactly the same about the Williamson sacking but on the day it happened.
This is the problem with Brexit, we are frantically rushing round the world to find new trade partners ... at any cost. That means not upsetting the US.
The questions are being asked but everyone is looking the other way at Brexit.

Notanumber

A Free Man
A bit slow off the mark; left-wing commentators were saying exactly the same about the Williamson sacking but on the day it happened.
This is the problem with Brexit, we are frantically rushing round the world to find new trade partners ... at any cost. That means not upsetting the US.
The questions are being asked but everyone is looking the other way at Brexit.

It is the one that nearly got away.

All credit to Jeff he did publish it on the fourth.

I would rather have Donald Trump’s America than anyone’s China and NATO rather than what the EU have planned.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

The referendum left people little choice,it was leave or remain,David Cameron ran away from his post and the mess he left.

Leave MEANS leave: David Cameron vows Britain will NOT have second vote on EU exit

In a democracy this should be the case whatever excuse for another referendum you can name,it's a mockery of democracy.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The referendum left people little choice,it was leave or remain,David Cameron ran away from his post and the mess he left.

Leave MEANS leave: David Cameron vows Britain will NOT have second vote on EU exit

In a democracy this should be the case whatever excuse for another referendum you can name,it's a mockery of democracy.
But it is also a mockery that all the Brexit promises have turned out to be lies.