• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
I think that you would support anything that denigrated your country.

“I’ve recently been challenged by a constituent to name one clear, tangible benefit to local people of leaving the European Union. It reminded me of the need to write this article: to talk not just about implementing the referendum result, or sovereignty, or democracy – but also about practical benefits to local people and businesses. I’ve split these benefits up into different categories.”

Benefits of Brexit – Official Website of Jonathan Arnott MEP
So, it boils down to deregulation.
Less workers rights
Lower food standards
More pollution
etc
etc

Notanumber

A Free Man

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'll give you one thing ... Brexiteers are organised. Just like they were in 2016
Remainers are a disparate bunch of many ilks and are totally disorganised - a bit like atheists,

That is why we lost the referendum, lack of cohesion, not enough lairs on our side of the argument.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'll give you one thing ... Brexiteers are organised. Just like they were in 2016
Remainers are a disparate bunch of many ilks and are totally disorganised - a bit like atheists,

That is why we lost the referendum, lack of cohesion, not enough lairs on our side of the argument.

You had more than one liar, but you only needed one when you had someone of the standard of Mrs May. You cannot say that she could lie for England, but she could and did lie for the EU.

Do not forget that Remainers are delusional.

They thought that they could stitch up the British people without repercussions.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You could not call this Labour MP Brexit supporting so you must support him and his views then.

Jeremy Corbyn is very much a supported of Brexit, as both his words and his acts make very clear.

A sizeable portion of Labour MPs does not, of course. There is still some sense in Labour.

Still, the frustration was enough to give birth to the Independent Group, as I expect you to be aware.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You had more than one liar, but you only needed one when you had someone of the standard of Mrs May. You cannot say that she could lie for England, but she could and did lie for the EU.

And yet, she has been confirmed by the Tories more than once. Shows how difficult it is to find someone who could go any further than she has.

Supporting the snake oil salesmen and liars will not bring you anything better. Even most Tory MPs realize that, although the poison from the Brexit "leaders" lies ties them up politically.

Eh. Some chuzpah here. Brexit is delusion, don't you forget that.

They thought that they could stitch up the British people without repercussions.

What are you calling "stitching up" here?

Altfish

Veteran Member

I am not delusional; you still have not given me one TANGIBLE benefit of Brexit other than the vague "Get our sovereignty back" type nonsense.

Project Fear is slowly turning into Project Reality and the Brexit liars are all on the Leave side of the argument.
Aaron Banks is getting closer and closer to his day of reckoning but the right wing media (including the BBC) is ignoring it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I am not delusional; you still have not given me one TANGIBLE benefit of Brexit other than the vague "Get our sovereignty back" type nonsense.

Be fair. No one has managed such a feat, despite three years of trying - and that is only counting the time since the referendum. Besides, we now have plenty of evidence to the contrary.

You can not reasonably that to happen now that the ugly consequences of Brexit have already began to materialize due to the preparations for it by various parties and the price in jobs and prestige is a clear fact. It is impossible.

Not even Boris Johnson, JRM or Nigel Farage, who all have so much invested in the unicorn chasing discourse, are mentioning the unicorns now.

Project Fear is slowly turning into Project Reality and the Brexit liars are all on the Leave side of the argument.

Actually, "Project Fear" is, and has always been, far better a moniker for Brexit than for anything challenging it.

The wishful thinking and doublespeak run deep in the Brexit campaign as well; not everything are just straight lies.

Aaron Banks is getting closer and closer to his day of reckoning but the right wing media (including the BBC) is ignoring it.

I will tell you that, British Media is depressingly sensationalist and irresponsible. It is very difficult to take anything beyond the Guardian and the Mirror very seriously at all.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Is this what you consider quality arguing? Do you realize that you are strawmanning with no hint of shame - or, frankly, of basic decency?

Call me an old softie if you like but I feel sorry for @Altfish. He has nobody worth supporting in the upcoming elections. Maybe it is the same for you in Brazil.

The result of those elections will tell us the true story.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Call me an old softie if you like but I feel sorry for @Altfish. He has nobody worth supporting in the upcoming elections. Maybe it is the same for you in Brazil.

The result of those elections will tell us the true story.
It will not.
The Remain vote will be split between the main parties; the Leave vote will congregate around Nigel "I'm only in it for the money" Farage and claim victory. But you have to look in detail to weigh up what is actually happening.

And still not one tangible reason for leaving.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I have just found someone else that I would support.

Given a chance, I would vote for her without hesitation.

She speaks common sense with every breath and would make a far better politician than those that are currently playing at it.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I have just found someone else that I would support.

Given a chance, I would vote for her without hesitation.

She speaks common sense with every breath and would make a far better politician than those that are currently playing at it.

Hilarious Julia Hartley Dooda is a complete muppet; the left love her for her inability to hold an argument together, Even your new mate George Galloway can;t stand the woman...

Notanumber

A Free Man
Hilarious Julia Hartley Dooda is a complete muppet; the left love her for her inability to hold an argument together, Even your new mate George Galloway can;t stand the woman...

She was playing Devil’s Advocate and she played it very well.

George can be a prickly interviewee and she coped admirably. Hardly what you would call miserable and unprofessional. She made some very good points.

He said that he had won millions of pounds by suing people but just recently, he announced that he would not be standing in the EU elections because he could not afford it.

I agree with many things he says and disagree with others.

BTW, I watched your video before rushing in with comments.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I found this random comment on YT. If all of this is true (or even partially true) the EU must be undone as soon as possible.

Imagi.png