• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the best TV show of the last ten years?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Iron Chef - Japan (The american version is -- dull.)

Sadly, I simply refuse to watch American network tv, as a rule. It is all so terribly predicatable. I do however like the original CSI (Vegas) and felt it was extremely well written, acted and produced.

Honorable mention goes to a short lived show called, Queer as Folk. Both Showtime and British versions rocked pretty hard!

Smoke

Done here.
When I started this thread, I would have said Dead Like Me. But then there's Stargate SG-1 and The Boondocks, and now I've discovered Corner Gas. I don't know. I'm thinking Corner Gas right now, but that's because it's new to me.

Smoke

Done here.
Iron Chef - Japan (The american version is -- dull.)
I absolutely hate the American version, and I've never seen the Japanese version. I told one of my best friends that if she just wants to sit around and watch Iron Chef, she needs to go home and do it.

Diogenes

I hate to side with those snobbish TV critics, but I'd vote for the Sopranos. The Simpsons runs a very close second, however.

Smoke

Done here.
Anyone seen season 2 of heroes? LOVING IT. Boy i like that Maya ;)
Season 2? It was a miniseries, wasn't it?

Hroes_chilean_miniseries.jpg

I never watch Chilean tv. The only Spanish-language show I watch is Sábado Gigante every now and then.

:angel2:

nutshell

What's the best TV show of the last ten years?

I haven't seen it yet, but I suspect "The Sopranos" should be up there.

Ones I have seen which might be "the best" include:

Planet Earth (Discovery Channel)

Survivor (if "best" is defined as most influential)

Hmmm....every time I try to think of a drama or comedy I think up reasons why the show shouldn't be included. :shrug:

A

angellous_evangellous

Unfortunately, the story he's in or the characters around him do not always rock - otherwise, 24 would have had my vote too.

When they don't rock anymore, Jack can just kill 'em.:yes: