• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the best TV show of the last ten years?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I doubt if any of us have seen even a representative sample of all the available TV shows, so none of us is really qualified to comment on anything but local fare. The "best" show might be a Latvian sitcom, Icelandic newscast, or Zimbabwean soap opera.

I have a feeling this will end up being a vote for the favorite nationally distributed American offerings.

Smoke

Done here.
Well, I doubt if any of us have seen even a representative sample of all the available TV shows, so none of us is really qualified to comment on anything but local fare. The "best" show might be a Latvian sitcom, Icelandic newscast, or Zimbabwean soap opera.
Anything is possible, but somehow I doubt that it's a Latvian sitcom. I wasn't really expecting any objective answers, or any answers from people who have seen every possible TV show for the last ten years, but maybe I should clarify: What's your favorite among TV shows produced within the last ten years?

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
I'd say either lost or six feet under, not usually a huge fan of crime series but wire in the blood is awesome also. There are so many to choose from lol, weeds is also really really cool.
I recently saw an interesting one set in a Scottish psych-ward called psychos which was really well written.
As far as 'out there' tv shows go, the English queer as folk has to be the best, I'm sorry but the American version doesn't even come close.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Animaniacs. Technically thats more than 10 years, but I like it better than most shows made after 2000.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
WAY too many for me to choose from!

MaddLlama had an excellent choice of Animaniacs, but then Becky had to come in with Futurama AND Firefly. And then there's my favorite of ER. I can't choose

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Although a huge fan of British humour, I find the american version much better.

It's a little too focused on the Jim/Pam romance for my tastes, and the comedy in the British version is much more uncomfortable (and less censored). Though I really like the American version, too.

Ricky Gervais is a comedic genius. His "Extras" show is also one of the best I've ever seen. And his podcasts with Karl Pilkington are the stuff of legends.