• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I'm trying to decide between Peruvian style mayacoba beans and cornbread or carne asada. It's cold and drizzly outside, so I'm leaning toward the beans and cornbread.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not much tonight, open a pack of frozen Indian stir fry, steam some rice and make a madras curry sauce.

And apple crumble which is in the oven now.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I normally don't cook French food. But I was bored and wanted something different tonight. Chicken was the protein so what to make? I saw this chicken cassoulet recipe and had to give it a shot:

I am sure that they took improper shortcuts, but it was still amazing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What's in the beans?

I have made those a few times. They are very good beans with their own flavor. I use my basic black bean recipe. Wash the beans, Put them in a pot of water and let it heat up. Chop a yellow onion up and about five cloves of garlic and let it cook. When the beans are getting soft, after an hour or two, I chop up another had of yellow onion and caramelize them with a slow cook using olive oil and towards then end throw in another two or three minced cloves of garlic. Salt. Maybe some pepper. Cumin. If you want to add a serrano pepper to the your onions that you are browning. That should be finely chopped too. In no way will it make it hot, but you get a hint of a kick from it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Last night had Massaman curry lamb shanks, slow cooked. Pretty good.
Even better, I had basketball training after work, so I arrived home at 9pm to find dinner ready, and my father in law over with a good bottle of red.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I had a Red Baron individual cheese pizza topped with queso fresco, diced onion, and fresh green chili slices.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am probably going to have crackers in organic milk again - I am sort of on a tear.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Baked fresh caught rainbow trout, rice, and cabbage/carrot/arugula slaw.
You can buy fresh rainbow trout in the supermarket:rolleyes::rolleyes: Okay, I would never suggest that. I have had fresh caught trout. I have bought supermarket "fresh" trout. There is a world of difference and I am jealous.