• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it take?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hatred is a natural emotion and we'll never be rid of that. The OP seems to be referring to bigotry and prejudice. We'll never be rid of that, either, as humans are tribal animals with a propensity towards in-group preferences.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So there are things about the world that you do not care at all about, right?

Yes but when it comes to people i have compassion toward everyone, no matter who they are.
What i do not "care" about is things that are not needed in life or doing things that harm my self or others.

Mundane life does not interest me, but i live in a normal world (not being a monk) so when i am with my fianceè i can do things she like to do. But i dont hate those thing ofcourse.

I do not feel hate toward anything

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What would it take to end all hatred in the world?
Sustainability, wisdom, mutual acceptance and support.

The first significant steps right now would involve serious efforts at population planning and breaking down national and cultural barriers.

Shantanu

Yes but when it comes to people i have compassion toward everyone, no matter who they are.
What i do not "care" about is things that are not needed in life or doing things that harm my self or others.

Mundane life does not interest me, but i live in a normal world (not being a monk) so when i am with my fianceè i can do things she like to do. But i dont hate those thing ofcourse.

I do not feel hate toward anything
Is it to do with lack of understanding of the gravity of injustices perpetrated by man upon man as if one should just idly watch the world go by and keep oneself isolated to attain nirvana?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is it to do with lack of understanding of the gravity of injustices perpetrated by man upon man as if one should just idly watch the world go by and keep oneself isolated to attain nirvana?

As long i do not live as a monk i am bound to live in life with other people and deal with those problems that may occure. But what is important is to not be attached to it, to observe and understand why things happens as they do, both the good and the less good things in life.

I dont think of Nirvana because i still have attachments to some things in this life,and before i can think of Nirvana i also need to let go of the attachment to reach it.
Best answer i can give is that what i dois to live in the moment, Not be bound by past or attached to future.

Injustice happens only if you are attached to the feeling of being treaded bad. if you can just accept the situation no matter what happens you no longer will deal with justice or injustice.

Meditation, study of teaching, pondering about the cause of life, follow the 4 noble truths and 8 folded path is what is most important to me in life.

Shantanu

As long i do not live as a monk i am bound to live in life with other people and deal with those problems that may occure. But what is important is to not be attached to it, to observe and understand why things happens as they do, both the good and the less good things in life.

I dont think of Nirvana because i still have attachments to some things in this life,and before i can think of Nirvana i also need to let go of the attachment to reach it.
Best answer i can give is that what i dois to live in the moment, Not be bound by past or attached to future.

Injustice happens only if you are attached to the feeling of being treaded bad. if you can just accept the situation no matter what happens you no longer will deal with justice or injustice.

Meditation, study of teaching, pondering about the cause of life, follow the 4 noble truths and 8 folded path is what is most important to me in life.
So if you saw an old lady being mugged in the street, you will just try to understand why it is happening but not go and apprehend the mugger or stop the woman being mugged?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So if you saw an old lady being mugged in the street, you will just try to understand why it is happening but not go and apprehend the mugger or stop the woman being mugged?

I would protect the woman without harming the people who mugged her.
If i get harmed my self in a situation like that it is ok. but i do live a life of no harm toward others. That is a part of buddhism, Harming others is harming one self because of karma laws.
In Christianity they say "do to others what you want others to do to you" meaning if i dont want to get harmed i do not harm others. And in this sense of my words it means if i harm them i get neative karma toward me and that means i will suffer later in life.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Hatred is a natural emotion and we'll never be rid of that. The OP seems to be referring to bigotry and prejudice. We'll never be rid of that, either, as humans are tribal animals with a propensity towards in-group preferences.

I'm kind of hoping you have a human in your pocket, because I would hope you wouldn't presume to speak for me. :)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Sustainability, wisdom, mutual acceptance and support.

The first significant steps right now would involve serious efforts at population planning and breaking down national and cultural barriers.

While this is a great sentiment, we can hardly achieve this on a religious forum, let alone worldwide. Do you think these attributes are realistic?

Shantanu

I would protect the woman without harming the people who mugged her.
If i get harmed my self in a situation like that it is ok. but i do live a life of no harm toward others. That is a part of buddhism, Harming others is harming one self because of karma laws.
In Christianity they say "do to others what you want others to do to you" meaning if i dont want to get harmed i do not harm others. And in this sense of my words it means if i harm them i get neative karma toward me and that means i will suffer later in life.
Oh I see, You are worried that you will suffer later on in life because if you catch the mugger and get the Police to charge him and have him sent to prison, you will acquire negative karma which Buddha said will rebound on you later on in this life or in your next life to make you suffer: did I understand you correctly?