• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it take?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is hatred, and why do you wish to end hatred?

Hatred is to show both in language, body language and thoughts that you do not like other people. races, religions, and all you want is to get rid of it.
Also calling others names because of race, sexuality, what country they come from can be seen as hatred toward other people

Shantanu

I'm not following you.
It goes like this: Nature is composed in Hindu thought of three gunas (qualities): sattvic, tamasic and rajasic. All living beings are endowed with blends of these in terms of their genetic make up. You could say this triadic blend is translated into good, the bad and the ugly. So each one of these extremes of human nature hates the others in their quest for survival. So hatred is a natural biological facet of Nature.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sure there is. Even God hates. Are you suggesting that we LOVE all manner of atrocities?

I did not say we need to love that neative things happen to us. I say that forgivness, kindness, acceptance, good morality is more important then to show hate toward those who are different then our self

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Enabling people from different communities, countries, cultures, races and religions to actually get to know one another might be a start, like we have done over here in Europe with the Erasmus programme for undergraduate university students.

Education is key, in this respect, and the opportunity to travel.

Often, hatred for a certain group of people is fanned by lack of exposure to actual members of that despised group - and concomitant fear of the "other". Over here in the UK, for instance, around a third of Brexit supporters said after the referendum that their main reason for voting 'leave' was immigration - and yet, data since, has demonstrated that areas with the least number of immigrants voted the heaviest for Brexit and were the most likely to publicly admit to be "afraid" of immigrants.

I note the example of the US Marine Ted Hakey Jr who, back in 2015, fired shoots at an Ahmadiyya Muslim Mosque with a high-powered assault rifle. It was on the night of the Paris terror attacks and he had been enraged by what he saw on television, and in a drunken stupor, decided to intimidate local Muslims as a reprisal for their religion perpetrating such acts of inhumanity.

Nine months later, he had gone from harbouring a self-confessed “extreme hatred for Islam” to becoming something of an honourary member of the Ahmadiyya community, after he made acts of contrition and they forgave him for his crime by letting him meet members of the community.

While he went to jail for six months on charges of destruction of religious property, his story is one of forgiveness and reformation:

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/ted-hakey-jr-learned-mosque-fired-30-shots-forgave/

“It seemed things had gotten worse, more attacks. Combined with drinking, I looked over and I thought I need to do something. “In my drunken stupidity I thought if there were extremists in there… I thought it might scare them,” says Hakey Jr. In the sober light of day, after telling the FBI exactly what he did, Hakey Jr says he wanted to apologise to the mosque right away. On Good Friday, Hakey Jr and members at the mosque finally met. He says they explained they don’t believe in violence and that their slogan is: ‘love for all, hatred for none.’

Hakey Jr was very nervous: “Everybody had tears in their eyes, it was very emotional.” But what surprised both sides in the meeting was the sincerity expressed by the other.

“The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community welcomed me with love and understanding and I’m living proof that it works” Ted Hakey Jr’s speech at 68th Annual Convention “They knew I would apologise but they didn’t think it would be sincere. I didn’t think they would accept [my apology] so sincerely.” The mosque forgave Hakey Jr “without hesitation,” says Salaam Bhatti, of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. “He attended a meeting at our mosque and publicly asked for forgiveness as well. Many hugs and tears were shared and shed. It was a beautiful moment of love and justice in humanity,” he adds.

Although it was “shocking” to hear the mosque had been attacked, Mr Bhatti says: “We know that you can shoot at a faith, but faith is bulletproof. We remained firm in faith and continued to attend our mosque and opened the doors even wider to the whole community to come and learn about who we are and what we do.” Hakey Jr says he is now in contact with some members of the mosque – who he calls his “spiritual brothers” – every day.

Here he is with some of the worshippers, arm-in-arm:

ted-hakey2-760x513.jpg

Shantanu

Sure there is. Even God hates. Are you suggesting that we LOVE all manner of atrocities?
God is beyond hate. I am God, so I know that for sure. I transcended the gunas by surrendering to God and the result was that I became God. God is Nirguna in Hindu thought.

Axe Elf

Prophet
It goes like this: Nature is composed in Hindu thought of three gunas (qualities): sattvic, tamasic and rajasic. All living beings are endowed with blends of these in terms of their genetic make up. You could say this triadic blend is translated into good, the bad and the ugly. So each one of these extremes of human nature hates the others in their quest for survival. So hatred is a natural biological facet of Nature.

Great!

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with either the OP or my post that you replied to, but whatev...

Axe Elf

Prophet
God is beyond hate. I am God, so I know that for sure. I transcended the gunas by surrendering to God and the result was that I became God.

Fine, go run your universe and quit posting nonsense that is beyond the capacity of us mortals to understand.