• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it take?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Which Holy Book or State Manual tells us what is negative doing, thinking and speaking and likewise what is right/positive action right speech and right thought?

Utah, I think. But I might be wrong.

Shantanu

I've asked you to provide me evidence of another species displaying hatred. I'm going to conclude you cannot based on your response here.

Why would the same apply to love? Are you implying love cannot exist in the absence of hate? I would hope not, because that's just absurd.
Our taste buds in the mouth detect what one likes excessively and what one dislikes excessively which is what I presume are your definitions of love and hate (please confirm). Notwithstanding, we know cats and dogs display excessive love to their owners, and they are also capable of hating others as displayed by dogs barking at intruders. Does that satisfy you as examples?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Which Holy Book or State Manual tells us what is negative doing, thinking and speaking and likewise what is right/positive action right speech and right thought?

As a Buddhist i aways talk out of the teaching of Buddha.
Right action, thoughts, speech are what is not negative toward others or one self
Wrong action, thoughts or speech is what can be seen as negative, harmful toward others or one self

meaning that to live rightrous life one should not harm others or one self.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Our taste buds in the mouth detect what one likes excessively and what one dislikes excessively which is what I presume are your definitions of love and hate (please confirm). Notwithstanding, we know cats and dogs display excessive love to their owners, and they are also capable of hating others as displayed by dogs barking at intruders. Does that satisfy you as examples?

I don't like okra or Brussels sprouts. The smell of them cooking makes me gag, as does the texture. I dislike them more than I dislike any other food. But I have no ill will toward the food or the plants that produce them.

A dog barks at an intruder to alert the homeowner, to frighten the intruder, and to protect their property. This is defense, not hate.

So no, both examples fail to support your claim.

Shantanu

As a Buddhist i aways talk out of the teaching of Buddha.
Right action, thoughts, speech are what is not negative toward others or one self
Wrong action, thoughts or speech is what can be seen as negative, harmful toward others or one self

meaning that to live rightrous life one should not harm others or one self.
So you are preaching Buddhism on how to ameliorate your suffering (dukha) by having the right thoughts etc: am I right?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So you are preaching Buddhism on how to ameliorate your suffering (dukha) by having the right thoughts etc: am I right?

I do not preaching, You asked me what i saw as right and wrong action, speech and thought, and i answered, But since i am a buddhist i answered from what i live by self. so i do my best to not harm others or my self with any form of hate.

If i suffer it comes from my own lack of useage of right speech,thoughts or actions

Shantanu

I don't like okra or Brussels sprouts. The smell of them cooking makes me gag, as does the texture. I dislike them more than I dislike any other food. But I have no ill will toward the food or the plants that produce them.

A dog barks at an intruder to alert the homeowner, to frighten the intruder, and to protect their property. This is defense, not hate.

So no, both examples fail to support your claim.

You do appreciate that love and hate are emotions that are detected in the brain through nerve impulses caused by endorphins (any of a group of hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system and having a number of physiological functions. They are peptides which activate the body's opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect), right?

Shantanu

I do not preaching, You asked me what i saw as right and wrong action, speech and thought, and i answered, But since i am a buddhist i answered from what i live by self. so i do my best to not harm others or my self with any form of hate.

If i suffer it comes from my own lack of useage of right speech,thoughts or actions
Do you hate that there was ever a character called Adolf Hitler?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you hate that there was ever a character called Adolf Hitler?

First of all what he did was evil deeds, but do i hate him? I was not born yet so i did not know him, So no i do not hate the person called Hitler. He did not harm me since i was not born.

I do not hate anyone, even the people who bullied me for 12 year every day, i have forgiven and have no ill thoughts about them. Hate onl lead to suffering

Shantanu

First of all what he did was evil deeds, but do i hate him? I was not born yet so i did not know him, So no i do not hate the person called Hitler. He did not harm me since i was not born.

I do not hate anyone, even the people who bullied me for 12 year every day, i have forgiven and have no ill thoughts about them. Hate onl lead to suffering
Do you know why religions such as Christianity and Buddhism acquired so may devotees?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You do appreciate that love and hate are emotions that are detected in the brain through nerve impulses caused by endorphins (any of a group of hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system and having a number of physiological functions. They are peptides which activate the body's opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect), right?

How is this relevant?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What would it take to end all hatred in the world?
not likely.....not this world.....not the next

be thorough
without the ability (or recognition of something that should repel you)
you would need to be immortal

be it is rumored
God is capable of hatred......and acting upon that emotion

and I often post of a war that took place in heaven

and we live in this life with the assumption THAT war continues in the form of religion
which in turn sparks a skirmish here in this world

end hatred?
without it......
our ability to love would dilute itself

I think you should recomose the op

can we hold our hatred?......not act upon it
resist the temptation to become what our emotions should resist

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
not likely.....not this world.....not the next

be thorough
without the ability (or recognition of something that should repel you)
you would need to be immortal

be it is rumored
God is capable of hatred......and acting upon that emotion

and I often post of a war that took place in heaven

and we live in this life with the assumption THAT war continues in the form of religion
which in turn sparks a skirmish here in this world

end hatred?
without it......
our ability to love would dilute itself

I think you should recomose the op

can we hold our hatred?......not act upon it
resist the temptation to become what our emotions should resist

When not acting upon hatred does hate exist? Both yes and no.
When i do not hate it means i have no reason to hate anyone or anything. It means even someone do me wrong i choose to not act, think or speak back at them.
They may show hate toward me but when i not act back the hate ends. If everyone did this we would see that love and kindness arise of it own. no need to force it

Thief

Rogue Theologian
When not acting upon hatred does hate exist? Both yes and no.
When i do not hate it means i have no reason to hate anyone or anything. It means even someone do me wrong i choose to not act, think or speak back at them.
They may show hate toward me but when i not act back the hate ends. If everyone did this we would see that love and kindness arise of it own. no need to force it
and so.....
Do good unto those who would do you harm

that's not the Golden Rule
and should not be applied as such

when harmed....I seek to reduce the recurrence
failing to stymie bad behavior encourages repeat

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
and so.....
Do good unto those who would do you harm

that's not the Golden Rule
and should not be applied as such

when harmed....I seek to reduce the recurrence
failing to stymie bad behavior encourages repeat

Why repeat their behavior?
In the 12 years i was bullied at school i never said anything or did anything back toward them. because i knew that if i also start fighting back, they get what they want and they can keep going.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why repeat their behavior?
In the 12 years i was bullied at school i never said anything or did anything back toward them. because i knew that if i also start fighting back, they get what they want and they can keep going.
no...no.....

I come from a BAD neighborhood

i find that you CAN walk away.......IF they let you

after that.....you are the everyday punching bag

doing good unto those who do you harm....INCLUDES calling the cops
or kicking their asses

hopefully not shooting them

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
no...no.....

I come from a BAD neighborhood

i find that you CAN walk away.......IF they let you

after that.....you are the everyday punching bag

doing good unto those who do you harm....INCLUDES calling the cops
or kicking their asses

hopefully not shooting them

We choose diffrent way of dealing with it.