• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will heaven be like?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Let me see if I can put it simply: THERE IS A WAY TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT PERCEIVE WITH YOUR 5 SENSES.
It is called religion which comes from revelations from God through Messengers.

Then there's the sixth sense (Extrasensory perception) and people like me who have it. However, I don't attribute my mediumship to a religion, revelations from God, or any gods. And the only messengers I'll accept as genuine and trustworthy are my devoted spirit guides. I know other mediums who choose to combine their religion and belief in God (or gods) with their mediumship, but I choose not to. My spirit guides have always been sufficient enough for me.

Just because I cannot demonstrate it that does not mean it does not exist. That is completely illogical.
A demonstration is just what you want. It does not make the soul exist.
Conversely, lack of a demonstration does not make the soul nonexistent.

I don't believe that you can effectively demonstrate a human soul to someone who doesn't want to believe and has already made up their mind not to believe. As I've always said, "Seeing is believing," and time and time again, I've witnessed diehard skeptics become true believers after having their own paranormal encounter that they couldn't honestly debunk and explain. The most effective way I've found is to give them a reading that they can't refute.

Muffled

Jesus in me
My idea is that I'll be resurrected in a new body that will never die again. By the time they find a way to cause massive resurrections of previously deceased people, we'll have ways for each individual to assert their own creative control on a whole galaxy. My eschatology is the same as this, only, the galaxy will be upgrade to a Universe, then a Multiverse. When we find ways to create life through automatic technology everywhere in the Omniverse, humans will only act as a way to be the creative engine of false realities and design thoughtful ways to contemplate unique grand designs of nature. Sovereignty and unity will be enhanced to a point which every place in reality has a owner and new points of reality are constantly being created and curated by the leading architects of nature, which will be a post-human fusion of human and artificial intelligence.

I should write science fiction novels...
I believe that is scheduled for a future date but that will not necessarily be in your immediate future.

I believe I find your writing too confusing. Usually Sci-fi writers have a more rational approach to their fantasy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't believe in the devil, so I can't advise you on this matter. But I believe in having visions that reveal the past, present, and future. I believe in psychic visions because I've had visions of the past and present, and many were confirmed by others. And no, I don't believe that these visions are rooted in evil.
I believe God reports the devil as real. I can tell if something is not from God and these visions are not from Him. When I did my tarot reading for this year the characteristic card representing it was the Devil. This different from the demonic attack I had once. The devil is more subtle.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I believe that is scheduled for a future date but that will not necessarily be in your immediate future.
It would appear as the immediate future as after you die you cannot experience time like people who are alive. Similar to sleeping.
I believe I find your writing too confusing. Usually Sci-fi writers have a more rational approach to their fantasy.
Don't get me wrong, I can actually write much better than this, and this was just a basic outline. Everything would be fleshed out much more, but I didn't feel like writing paragraph after paragraph explaining all of this.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I believe God reports the devil as real. I can tell if something is not from God and these visions are not from Him. When I did my tarot reading for this year the characteristic card representing it was the Devil. This different from the demonic attack I had once. The devil is more subtle.

Why would a devout Christian like yourself participate in a tarot reading? I've asked this question and other questions pertaining to the occult and the paranormal to other Christians (quite recently, in fact; see here), but lo and behold, I've never been given an honest and concise answer to any of them.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I believe that constitutes wishful thinking.
Certainly not.

However, I wonder if those who believe in the Christian "heaven" and eternal life give any thought to what you will do with all that time. Nobody I have ever heard of can bear doing even their most favourite thing day in and day out for terribly long, let alone for their entire lifetime. Now consider that its no longer a life-time we're talking about, it's eternity. Can you eat your favourite ice-cream non-stop for 6 hours? 6 days? 6 years? How about 6 trillion years, and then 6 trillion raised to the power of 6 trillion years --- and then begin again, never, ever, ever to find a way out?

Now consider doing nothing but "singing God's praises." Most people I know don't even like singing all that much, and get ouit of church as quickly as possible after giving praise for just an hour. And you think they're going to be overjoyed doing it for 78 trillion quintillion lifetimes, and longer? Oh, I rather think not. :eek:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I know, and that is why I am in no hurry to die and get to Heaven. If I don't like what is on the itinerary I will be stuck doing that forever!
That sounds more like Hell than Heaven.

I'd prefer to spend my time in the spirit realm as a dedicated spirit guide, assisting earthbound spirits in crossing over, and supporting psychic mediums in assisting these spirits in crossing over. I think it would be a great waste of eternity to stand around and praise some deity, whether it is the biblical God or another one. I have better things to do with my eternity than to spend it stroking the cosmic ego of a narcissistic deity who expects praise and worship.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'd prefer to spend my time in the spirit realm as a dedicated spirit guide, assisting earthbound spirits in crossing over, and supporting psychic mediums in assisting these spirits in crossing over. I think it would be a great waste of eternity to stand around and praise some deity, whether it is the biblical God or another one. I have better things to do with my eternity than to spend it stroking the cosmic ego of a narcissistic deity who expects praise and worship.
That's also how I'd like to spend my eternity, helping spirits who are in the lower spheres of the spiritual realm.

I have no idea where Christians ever got the idea that God expects praise and worship in heaven, that is certainly not a Baha'i teaching. The Baha'i teaching is that we will continue doing the work we were doing here, and since you are a spirit guide on earth it only makes sense that you will continue doing that work in the spiritual realm.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

If you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you would answer the question I asked you earlier this week.

Why would a devout Christian like yourself participate in a tarot reading? I've asked this question and other questions pertaining to the occult and the paranormal to other Christians (quite recently, in fact; see here), but lo and behold, I've never been given an honest and concise answer to any of them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But this thread is about what heaven will be like, not what we have to do to get there. The Christians in the group said that what heaven will be like is all in the Bible and we have to read the Bible to know what heaven will be like, so what verses specifically describe what heaven will be like?........................................
Many religious traditions believe in a heaven or paradise where we will be in the afterlife presumably for eternity, so I would like to know what conceptions they hold. If there are scriptures that support those conceptions, I’d like to see those.
What verses specifically describe what heaven will be like can be found at Revelation 5:9-10
Those called to heaven (Rev. 20:6) will govern with Christ for a thousand years over earth - Psalm 22:26; Matt. 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11; 1st Cor. 15:24-26
Those called to heaven have two (2) jobs to do:
1) they will serve as kings over earthly subjects taking care of governmental reponsibilities for people living on earth
2) they will serve as priests taking care of spiritual duties towards people who inherit the earth, a beautiful paradisical earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe I like the pictures.

I believe what I do could not be classified as occult or paranormal. I simply see what I do, as prayer.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Certainly not.

However, I wonder if those who believe in the Christian "heaven" and eternal life give any thought to what you will do with all that time. Nobody I have ever heard of can bear doing even their most favourite thing day in and day out for terribly long, let alone for their entire lifetime. Now consider that its no longer a life-time we're talking about, it's eternity. Can you eat your favourite ice-cream non-stop for 6 hours? 6 days? 6 years? How about 6 trillion years, and then 6 trillion raised to the power of 6 trillion years --- and then begin again, never, ever, ever to find a way out?

Now consider doing nothing but "singing God's praises." Most people I know don't even like singing all that much, and get ouit of church as quickly as possible after giving praise for just an hour. And you think they're going to be overjoyed doing it for 78 trillion quintillion lifetimes, and longer? Oh, I rather think not. :eek:
I believe everyone is an individual so each person is likely to have his own activities.

I believe there is no rule that a person has to stick with one thing.

I believe I could eat ice cream every day for eternity if it wouldn't affect my weight or blood sugar levels but I do like variety. I have had peppermint flavored ice cream but wouldn't it be interesting to have one flavored wintergreen mint?

I don't believe there is a requirement for that but it certainly is a blessing. I am apt to sing a hymn during the day at times other than in church so there is no need to limit it.

For some in eternal life, the rewards are great and for others not so much. It is still better than Hell or outer darkness.

I believe it is not usually discussed but there is an option to take a rest in Heaven if physical life gets old.