• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will heaven be like?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here's what I believe about Heaven:

I believe first of all that we are all in for some surprises regarding the afterlife. Myself included. It's a great mystery that no one has answers to. But I do believe that terms like "eternal" or "eternity" do imply a time frame so I don't think they are an accurate description of what we'll be doing for how long in heaven. I don't think we will have any sort of time in heaven (mind blown).

I also thing we will be reunited with all sorts of people in a sense but since there's no time, I don't think they will necessarily be waiting for us there. Waiting implies time. But I do think we will run across them.

I don't think we will have bodies as we think of bodies. But I do think everything including whatever we end up as will be perfected.
I believe there is no time in Heaven.

I believe most people are re-incarnated so to meet up with them again you would have to be reborn also. However our memories of people are there for us and we can have their image with us in Heaven.

I could meet up with my wife there if I wanted to return there but I do not wish to return.

I believe there are no bodies in Heaven but there will be in the Physical Kingdom of God. That has not come yet.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So... if aliens exist, is their hell inside their planet, or do their souls get imported here?
I believe that is unknown. I suspect Paradise has no need of Hell but that does not mean one does not exist there. As for the planet the serpent people come from it is quite hot so I believe it would have one. However I couldn't say what God's standard would be for such a strange people.

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
I believe that is unknown. I suspect Paradise has no need of Hell but that does not mean one does not exist there. As for the planet the serpent people come from it is quite hot so I believe it would have one. However I couldn't say what God's standard would be for such a strange people.

Aren't we all "strange people"?

joelr

It does not matter if I have proof. If heaven exists it exists. That is basic logic.

Proof does not MAKE anything exist. Proof is just what some people want in order to believe something exists.
You will have your proof as soon as you die and realize YOU are not dead.

"Where is my body? Surely I am not dead!' In my own case, I knew nothing more than I have already related, at the time. When I found that my two pals could carry my body without my help, I dropped behind. I just followed, in a curiously humble way. Humble? Yes, because I seemed so useless. We met a stretcher party. My body was hoisted on to the stretcher. I wondered when I should get back into it again.” Private Dowding, p. 15-16

“You see, I was so little 'dead' that I imagined I was still physically alive. Think of it a moment before we pass on. I had been struck by a shell splinter. There was no pain. The life was knocked out of my body; again, I say, there was no pain. Then I found that the whole of myself--all, that is, that thinks and sees and feels and knows--was still alive and conscious! I had begun a new chapter of life. I will tell you what I felt like. It was as if I had been running hard until, hot and breathless, I had thrown my overcoat away. The coat was my body, and if I had not thrown it away I should have suffocated. I cannot describe the experience in a better way; there is nothing else to describe.” Private Dowding, p. 16

Wellesley Tudor Pole is a fraud. He claims he "channeled" a book about a WW2 soldier by using automatic writing which is basically B.S.
Did he find confirmation this was an actual soldier and communicate messages to his family? Did he describe things that only his family knew and so on? No.
But he did have visions and did a quest for the Holy Grail. He had mediums directing him and still didn't find it. So surprising. Ultimately he provided zero evidence for all the Christian, Celtic, Bahai and other spiritual mysticism he promoted but did sell books. Again, not surprising.

Is it also basic logic that if the Egyptian underworld exists then it exists? I guess. But why don't you believe in it? Because there is no proof?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
What will Heaven be like?

Personally, I like the Talking Head's description of Heaven in their song "Heaven"

Heaven is a place, a place where nothing ever happens!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What will Heaven be?
Fictional.

That is the full extent of my being a jerk in this thread.
I'll leave now.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What will Heaven be like?

Personally, I like the Talking Head's description of Heaven in their song "Heaven"

Heaven is a place, a place where nothing ever happens!
Technically but I would qualify it with nothing real happens. And certainly nothing bad happens.

lukethethird

unknown member
That is what I figured, but I thought I would ask anyway.
You are correct that faith is required to believe in a religion, but the belief is also based upon evidence.

Your belief that when we die there will be nothing is not based upon anything except your personal opinion, so in that way it is not much different from my belief that there will be something.

My belief that there will be something has evidence to back it up, not only what religions say, so there is a better reason to believe that there is something rather than nothing.
Lying to yourself that there is evidence of an afterlife is what is to be expected of believers, we've heard it all before.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Lying to yourself that there is evidence of an afterlife is what is to be expected of believers, we've heard it all before.
I will say what I say to all nonbelievers, you will have your evidence when you die and are not dead....
Till then, there is no point arguing about it since my evidence will never suffice for any nonbeliever.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I will say what I say to all nonbelievers, you will have your evidence when you die and are not dead....
Till then, there is no point arguing about it since my evidence will never suffice for any nonbeliever.

Yes, trying to convince skeptics about an afterlife is really pointless, which is why I don't bother debating with them about the afterlife or anything else related to the paranormal, like earthbound spirits. I'm a firm believer in "seeing is believing" because I've witnessed it many times throughout the years.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, trying to convince skeptics about an afterlife is really pointless, which is why I don't bother debating with them about the afterlife or anything else related to the paranormal, like earthbound spirits. I'm a firm believer in "seeing is believing" because I've witnessed it many times throughout the years.
I believe I have been having visions. They seem quite real until I turn on the light and nothing is there.