• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what !!! Where Jesus said so? (GOD)

Scott1

Truth,

How about starting a few threads and try to educate the forum about Islam?

Your lame attempts to proselytize by attacking Christianity are beneath you.... maybe not... we shall see.

Peace be with you,
Scott

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
The truth,

I have found an article that you will hopefully read, in order to understand the Trinity;

http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/trinity_brief.htm

A Brief Explanation of the Trinity

Please see the website for the explanation - and the understanding of the confusion in ideas between Islam and Christianity.​

I hope you will forgive me if I say that this is my final attempt to help you understand; I have answered your questions as best as I can, on two different threads, and either you do not understand, or you do not wish to; I hope it is not the latter.:)
Dear Michel,

Sorry if i'm bothering you with my questions and i hope the website will help me to understand what you couldn't explain for me.

thanks my friend.

Peace ... :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The truth;

You are not bothering me; I just feel frustrated because I seem to be unable to help you.:)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Scott1 said:
Truth,

How about starting a few threads and try to educate the forum about Islam?

Your lame attempts to proselytize by attacking Christianity are beneath you.... maybe not... we shall see.

Peace be with you,
Scott
Dear Scott1, I'm not trying to proselytize and if i want or i have the intention i was about to attach few verses of Quran in every post i send here but i'm not what you think i'm.

I'm just asking somthing i read from my bible and you have the choice whether to answer me or to let others to answer me.

It's just a forum and i'm trying to participate in it as a new member here.

I feel really bad that you are thinking of me this way but i guess if my title wasn't Islam as a religion you weren't about to say so. :(

anyway thanks Scott and i'm sorry if i cause for you any problem.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
What I think everyone here is overlooking is Jesus' statements about being the Son of Man. In the Old Testament this phrase was directed at a Prophet. It is what God called a Prophet. Jesus was claiming to be fully flesh and bone and directly connected to God spiritually. Jesus was a Prophet. It is the preexisiting established beliefs that overwhelmed the Jesus story after the Cruxifiction.

Scott1

Bennettresearch said:
What I think everyone here is overlooking is Jesus' statements about being the Son of Man.
Nope... I just read them in light of the whole... it clears things up.

Peace,
Scott

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Thanx for the reply Scott1. There was so much debate about Jesus as God I had to interupt. I think this theory about Jesus actually being God was a later development that found itself represented in the synoptic Gospels.

Scott1

Bennettresearch said:
Thanx for the reply Scott1. There was so much debate about Jesus as God I had to interupt. I think this theory about Jesus actually being God was a later development that found itself represented in the synoptic Gospels.
I disagree, but thanks for the reply!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Truth said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'You shall have no other gods before Me.' [/font]( God said so to Moses before Jesus Christ was born ) then they claim there is another God ( Jesus ) and you are asking saying:

is that one cannot follow the 10 Commandments? and now everybody is worshiping Christ before God "the father".​

How is it then that Psalm 2 is a recorded conversation among the Members of the Godhead?​

Yes, it's true, Jesus hadn't been born yet, but God works on a timetable, and it simply wasn't time yet.​

That doesn't mean Jesus didn't exist, though.​

The reason we worship the 2nd Person more than the 1st Person is because God wants us to:​

AND HE IS THE HEAD OF THE BODY, THE CHURCH: WHO IS THE BEGINNING, THE FIRSTBORN FROM THE DEAD; THAT IN ALL THINGS HE MIGHT HAVE THE PREEMINENCE AMONG THEM... - (Colossians 1:18) - speaking of Jesus.​

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for everyone who participate in this thread and i hope that we can learn more from each other in the future in other threads and in RF as a whole.

Peace be upon you. :)

facetiousme

I've been lurking and reading all the posts about disagreeing whether or not God and Jesus are one and the same. Both have great scriptural evidence either way. I find that there is a particular passage in the Bible that brings all of these argurments together and refutes the "contratidictions"

Phillippians 2:5-8

It clearly states the Jesus was EQUAL with God but HUMBLED himself and became obedient until death.

Personally I don't think the life and death of Jesus Christ would have affected us so tremendously had he not humbled himself and been a servant of God.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
facetiousme said:
I've been lurking and reading all the posts about disagreeing whether or not God and Jesus are one and the same. Both have great scriptural evidence either way. I find that there is a particular passage in the Bible that brings all of these argurments together and refutes the "contratidictions"

Phillippians 2:5-8

It clearly states the Jesus was EQUAL with God but HUMBLED himself and became obedient until death.

Personally I don't think the life and death of Jesus Christ would have affected us so tremendously had he not humbled himself and been a servant of God.
ya ofcourse and this is what we were talking about when other people came after Jesus to claim ( according to what they believe in or understood ) that he is God but humbled which contradict with other verses which deny that totally.

You too you have got the opportunity to add to your bible what you believe in as others before you did so. So, your children and all generations after you will get the benefit and the guidance from you and to learn what you assumed and concluded through your trip of truth and guidance supporting by the spirit of god inside you and the name of the new chapter will be facetiousme.... possible, don't you think so?

facetiousme

The Truth said:
and the name of the new chapter will be facetiousme.... possible, don't you think so?

Possible, true. But I don't think it will be quite as popular as the book of Isaiah.
Isaiah
9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Mat. 10-18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Jesus says not to call him good, because only one is good, and that is his father. Jesus also refers to himself about a gadgillion times as the son of man.

Yes, Jesus said that he and God or one, but he also says that we all are one with God. He said that we are all like God's. He said that we too can do the things he does, with the power of Christ (the Holy Spirit of God) within us all.

Jesus was not to be put on a pedastal and worshipped as a God, he was our big brother, a child of God, teaching all us siblings -who are also children of God, the way to 'please' our father, and how to claim our inheritance.

facetiousme

EnhancedSpirit said:
Mat. 10-18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Jesus says not to call him good, because only one is good, and that is his father. Jesus also refers to himself about a gadgillion times as the son of man.

Yes, Jesus said that he and God or one, but he also says that we all are one with God. He said that we are all like God's. He said that we too can do the things he does, with the power of Christ (the Holy Spirit of God) within us all.

Jesus was not to be put on a pedastal and worshipped as a God, he was our big brother, a child of God, teaching all us siblings -who are also children of God, the way to 'please' our father, and how to claim our inheritance.
And that my friend is precisly my point. He was HUMBLED, he was OBEDIANT, he was a SERVANT while not only being "one with God" but EQUAL to.

There are scriptures going BOTH ways, I don't deny that for a minute. The point being that one scripture ties them all together.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
facetiousme said:
And that my friend is precisly my point. He was HUMBLED, he was OBEDIANT, he was a SERVANT while not only being "one with God" but EQUAL to.

There are scriptures going BOTH ways, I don't deny that for a minute. The point being that one scripture ties them all together.
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that one scripture amongst all the scriptures, can tie something together. You cannot look at just one part of the bible. And there are many bibles.

We have made a mistake by making Jesus 'equal' to God. It is a mistake to put Jesus as seperate, or above us. Is the heart more important than the foot? He said through him, we will reach the Kingdom, just as the blood flows 'through' the veins to reach the heart.

As Christians we have allowed ourselves to be narrow minded, and short sited. We act as sheep, instead of acting as inheritors of the Kingdom. All are equally valuable to God. He does not care whether you are a sheep or a shepard, he loves you regardless of your choice.

But any one who does not realize that they are just as important to God, and loved by God as his own begotten son, they are shorting themselves out of fully knowing God. They are denying their full potential, and denying their inheritance.

facetiousme

I don't feel that I'm looking at "one part of the Bible" and basing my beliefs off of that one scripture. What I said was there was scripture supporting both beliefs that God and Jesus are one and the same and those saying they aren't.
I KNOW scripture says that Jesus held God in a higher regard than himself, I KNOW scripture says that Jesus was equal to God BUT my concerns early in my studies was the contridictions that what I just said brought up. The scripture I quoted earlier answered the questions to the contridictions.

EnhancedSpirit said:
"Jesus was not to be put on a pedastal and worshipped as a God, he was our big brother, a child of God, teaching all us siblings -who are also children of God, the way to 'please' our father, and how to claim our inheritance."

Yes he was to be worshipped. God himself, commanded the angels to worship him. Would he do that for a "big brother"? Just another one of us that was trying to "please" Him? And I could go on to quote scripture where Jesus was in fact worshipped by man as well.

"But any one who does not realize that they are just as important to God, and loved by God as his own begotten son, they are shorting themselves out of fully knowing God. They are denying their full potential, and denying their inheritance."

Oh, I am EMBRACING my inheritance. After all, it was with GOD'S OWN BLOOD that it was purchased for me. Acts 20:28====The Church of _____________? And what was it purchased with?

narrow-minded
adj

• derog:
    1. Prejudiced or intolerant.
    • Thesaurus: bigoted, provincial, biased, intolerant, reactionary, short-sighted, small-minded, insular, conservative, opinionated, parochial; Antonym: broad-minded.
I don't feel that I am being narrowminded in the least. It takes a far more flexible (broad)mind to be able to comprehed that there is something far larger than we could ever explain, something as significant (and complicated) as the triunity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. It would be "conservative" and "short-sighted" to believe that it is as simple as some think.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hello, facetiousme.

I was reading your last post and getting a little bit confused. It appeared that you were contradicting yourself in many places. Then, I realized that you were quoting Enhanced Spirit and just responding to her statements. I would just like to suggest that, for ease of reading, you use the
feature. If you don't know how to do this, please PM me and I'll give you some help. Or, since I took the liberty of "fixing" your post, you might want to just click on the "Edit" button at the top of your post. That way you can go into your post and see what I did to separate EnhancedSpirit's comments from yours.

And welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here.

Kathryn

almifkhar

there is two things that has always boggled my mind when people say that jesus and god are one in the same, here they are.
1. when jesus was being cruxicified, and as he was on the cross he said,"father why have you forsaken me?"
2. when jesus was doing his spiritual thing in the desert, satan came to him and offered things like, kingdoms, gold, food, water.

seems to me that satan would know god and all of gods tricks considering satan was the beloved angel before he got greedy. he was after all gods right hand man so to speak and was privilaged to know all of the mysteries of god. so why would satan tempt god with things that god would not need. second if jesus and god are indeed one in the same, why would jesus say father why have you forsaken me? these are things that never made any sense to me and it has always amazed me that people buy into the jesus and god being one in the same bit. another thing to consider is at the beginning of matthew, there is a genology of the line of prophets and it clearly states that jesus was the son of mary and joseph.