• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what !!! Where Jesus said so? (GOD)

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I thought that I read some of his quotes and he seemed to contradict himself whe he was explaining his vision to certain people.
He gives a very sparse and simple account of his vision in his letters. The author of Acts (assuming him to be the same author as that of Luke, we can think of him as an ancient form of our modern day biographers) gives a more detailed description of Paul's vision - no doubt created through fusing together several different peoples remembered and written accounts. Thus Acts as a second, possibly third hand source contradicts Paul's primary account.

UnityNow101

Problem with the trinity is that if it was such an important part of doctrine it would have been placed specifically IN the Bible. The early church fathers would not have had to argue over the nature of God. Instead, it is something that can be easilly refuted using reason and logic. I agree that we cannot fully understand God, but we mustn't split Him up to try to explain His nature. We must be very careful doing things like that. Add not unto the words of Jesus Christ or to the Words of the Bible.

lunamoth

Will to love
The thing is, unlike in Islam in which the Quran is the basis of the religion, the Bible is not the be-all and end-all of Christianity. Christianity was based upon a Person, Jesus Christ, His life, death and resurrection. The Bible came out of a tradition which has continued to develop to this day. Most Muslims would object to people who say that the hadith can not be trusted so you need to look at the Quran only, and it is the same for Christian tradition.