• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what !!! Where Jesus said so? (GOD)

napen

i recommend that you visit the site www.thename.ph for all the questions that you may ever have about Jesus and also true God.

If you will not check out this site, you will not find the answers you are looking for...

To give you a hint, all the religions say that Jesus brought peace in to the world, let us ask Jesus himself, what did he bring?

49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
Luke 12:49-53

Now, tell me if this is not happening for the last two thousand years?

See, do we really know Jesus?

1"All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. 2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. 3They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.
John 16:1-3

See, christians kill muslims, muslims kill christians, now in Iraq it is the muslims killing muslims. We really don't know Jesus and God.

karmel19

Consider an analogy: God is like the sun; that is, too bright for the human eye to behold. God in His Divine and Invisible Essence does not descend to the earth. In our analogy, if the sun came down to earth, everything would be burned up. However, Christ is "the image of the invisible God" (Col. 1:15). In other words, to see (understand) Christ is "beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord" (II Cor. 3:18). Of course the glass referred to is a looking glass, thus turning to Christ is compared to seeing God reflected in a perfect mirror; the image in the mirror is not the sun itself, but nevertheless reveals its attributes of heat and light. If you were to look in the mirror at the sun's reflection and say "That's the sun," it would be the truth, yet if you were to say "The sun is not in the mirror," it would also be the truth, because the sun did not descend into the mirror; the sun in the mirror is only the image of the real sun. The Holy Spirit is like the rays of the sun, which shine upon the mirror, bringing the sun's reflection into the mirror. Thus, Christ said "I and the Father are one," yet He also said "Why call ye me good, only the Father is good." In other words, that was like saying, "I am not the sun, only the perfect reflection of the sun in a polished mirror."

Dentonz

Jesus tells his disciples many times to pray in "my name" to gather together in his name. He gives them the power to heal the sick and cast out demons in his name. No other prophet of God before Jesus or after has said to anyone to do anything in there name. Because a true prphet realizes that his power comes from God not himself. Therefore if Jesus was not God he was a blasphemer and not a prophet of God. It is completely clear from all the exhaustive scripture reference and different threads on Jesus being God, that Jesus at least in several occasions places himself equal to God. Any man that claims that he is equal to God has to be a completely insane heretic or he's telling the truth.

may

I and the Father are one. john 10;30

Or, "at unity." Lit., "one (thing)." Gr., hen, neuter, to show oneness in cooperation

in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth.....john 17;21........... so jesus followers are in unity with Jesus and God but it does not make them God ,it is unity of purpose....John 17;21

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I get the feeling that threads such as these are like prosyltyzing in reverse? IOW, if you prove the other religion false, then people will flock to your religion. I find it MORE than disengenuous and highly insulting and if it doesn't flagrantly violate the TOS, it certainly flirts with doing so. I expect we will see a response with a "just" in it, trying to justify their actions. Go figure!

Scott1

NetDoc said:
I find it MORE than disengenuous and highly insulting and if it doesn't flagrantly violate the TOS, it certainly flirts with doing so.
Well said! :clap

Melody

The Truth said:
please to avoid the misunderstanding i wanna know:

1- Jesus is God "the father" himself in human form?
2- Jesus is the son of God and he is totally another God not the same as God "the father"?
3- Jesus was a man then suddnly he became a God and vise versa?
Christ was God manifested in human form. Still God in heaven and on earth in human form. He didn't stop being God when he manifested in human form. *We* cannot be in two places at once, but I have no difficulty believing this was a snap for God.

Melody

almifkhar said:
1. when jesus was being cruxicified, and as he was on the cross he said,"father why have you forsaken me?"
2. when jesus was doing his spiritual thing in the desert, satan came to him and offered things like, kingdoms, gold, food, water.
It was the human part of Jesus crying out and being tempted.

Melody

Dentonz said:
Jesus tells his disciples many times to pray in "my name" to gather together in his name. He gives them the power to heal the sick and cast out demons in his name. No other prophet of God before Jesus or after has said to anyone to do anything in there name. Because a true prphet realizes that his power comes from God not himself. Therefore if Jesus was not God he was a blasphemer and not a prophet of God. It is completely clear from all the exhaustive scripture reference and different threads on Jesus being God, that Jesus at least in several occasions places himself equal to God. Any man that claims that he is equal to God has to be a completely insane heretic or he's telling the truth.
Frubals for looking past the verse nitpicking.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Melody said:
It was the human part of Jesus crying out and being tempted.
So you mean the human part was calling the Godness part which means that Jesus was talking to himself. :confused:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dentonz said:
Jesus tells his disciples many times to pray in "my name" to gather together in his name.
Can you support your claim by any verse please?

Dentonz said:
He gives them the power to heal the sick and cast out demons in his name.
As far as i know that God gave this power in God's name for Jesus to do these things but not that Jesus gave it to others.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
NetDoc said:
I get the feeling that threads such as these are like prosyltyzing in reverse? IOW, if you prove the other religion false, then people will flock to your religion. I find it MORE than disengenuous and highly insulting and if it doesn't flagrantly violate the TOS, it certainly flirts with doing so. I expect we will see a response with a "just" in it, trying to justify their actions. Go figure!
Do you mean that once someone knews that his/her understanding for the scripture is not accurate so that will attract him/her to the other religion?

I have no idea what is the purpose of these forums if it wasn't to search for the truth, is it just to be hypocrit between each other complimenting around without getting any benefit? or just to get money from the advirtisments within the website?

For me, i just came to search for the truth within it was by my side, your side or anyone else whatever s/he is based on scriptures, logic and analyzing.

brahmamurti

Christ is the Son of God. A son is not the Father. Goes without saying really but I said it anywayz. ;-)

We can all become sons of Ged (Rev 21,7) "Those who overcome...". We are created in the Image of God, it means we are able to manifest His qualities if we purify ourselves enough (overcome).

btw Christ has returned. See his teachings: www.maitreya.org

brahmamurti

The Son is not the Father. Being One with Father? Well, if you tell a hindu that you are one with God, they will says, "so what? so are we".

God is everything. However not everything is in the same state of consciousness as God is in (Pure Consciousness).

btw Christ has returned. See His teachings: www.maitreya.org

Yasin

AV1611 said:
He is correct.

That is correct.

Yup.

Philippians 2:6 = WHO, BEING IN THE FORM OF GOD, THOUGHT IT NOT ROBBERY TO BE EQUAL WITH GOD:

John 10:18 = I HAVE POWER TO LAY IT DOWN, AND I HAVE POWER TO TAKE IT AGAIN.

He didn't -- Jesus is a monotheist.

Good question.

Interpret this:

1 Timothy 3:16 = AND WITHOUT CONTROVERSY GREAT IS THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, JUSTIFIED IN THE SPIRIT, SEEN OF ANGELS, PREACHED UNTO THE GENTILES, BELIEVED ON IN THE WORLD, RECEIVED UP INTO GLORY.

How clear is that?
In answering his quesions i would like you to quote Jesus's (pbuh) words from his mouth, not Paul or any of the other apostles............But Jesus (pbuh) only.......And give references.......Respectively, :bounce Yasin

Abram

Abraham
Yasin,

Only Jesus words? Why, now you question the entire Bible. Paul was not inspired by God? Then what about Moses, Solomon, ect... So you admit to seeing the truth that yes Jesus is God and is still alive today. But your looking for reason to justify you religion. And I don't blame you, I'm here for the same reason we all our. To know the truth.
You took a quote from AV1611 where he quotes Philippians 2:6. Where Christ is said to give up his divine position in order to take on our nature. The entire peace is amazing.
6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and made in the likeness of men
8And being found in the fashion of a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10That at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of things of heaven, and things in earth;
11And that every tonge should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father
God came to this earth in the form of a man because how else would he come. If we truly saw God in all his glory we would die. He came to save us from death. It's the best love story ever.

joeboonda

To answer the original question, I think a trip to a Christian bookstore, or an online search, would yield the reasons we believe Jesus is God. Jesus forgave sins, and only God can do that, it is a difficult idea to grasp, I know, some of us call it the Trinity, or three-in-one. LIke H2O, water, ice, vapor, but all H2O, just in different forms. I am just glad God sent his Son to pay for all our sins, and offerred eternal life with Him as a totally free gift we cannot earn or keep, just accept humbly as sinners. It is absolutely wonderful, and is why I want to love and please God, because he first loved me. Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Joeboonda

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Firstly, we don't really and truly know what Jesus was trying to teach here. The Bible was written principally by word of mouth and passing around what Jesus had said in his ministry. Unless we find jesus and ask him what he was teaching, we are merely reading about his ministry and life from the viewpoint of people that might have been a tad misguided or biased about what Jesus claimed to be. Lots of context.

nutshell

muichimotsu said:
Firstly, we don't really and truly know what Jesus was trying to teach here. The Bible was written principally by word of mouth and passing around what Jesus had said in his ministry. Unless we find jesus and ask him what he was teaching, we are merely reading about his ministry and life from the viewpoint of people that might have been a tad misguided or biased about what Jesus claimed to be. Lots of context.
Actually the written word is only one way God communicates to his people. He also calls Prophets and speaks directly to them. Through the written word and the mouths of the prophets God's truths may be known.

Abram

Abraham
muichimotsu said:
You can ask him, it's called prayer...