• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What sources of Media do you trust?

MissAlice

There seems to be so many biased views in the media including the news. The only sources I have used are BBC and recently AlJazeera news. My sources are as you can tell very limited.

I was wondering what other sources anyone uses that they find more reliable and less subjective.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
there seems to be so many biased views in the media including the news. The only sources i have used are bbc and recently aljazeera news. My sources are as you can tell very limited.

I was wondering what other sources anyone uses that they find more reliable and less subjective.

c-span.

:D

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Does Comedy Central count? Stephen Colbert seems quite perceptive and open, once one learns to decode his in-character talk (which may in fact be an useful exercise for other sources as well).

I happen to value Mark Evanier's blog a lot as well. Some articles from Slate and Salon, too (definitely not all).

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't trust any of them 100%. I watch them all and hope I can at least get a little bit of the truth. You're supposed to believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see, anyway. ;)

PassionFruit

There seems to be so many biased views in the media including the news. The only sources I have used are BBC and recently AlJazeera news. My sources are as you can tell very limited.

I usually try to avoid the American media, but I do read the New York Times and listen to NPR every now and then.

I also get my news from BBC and Al Jazeera English, but recently AJE has been having orgasms over the events in the Middle East. I guess it's understandable though. ;)

I find its important to keep in mind the idealogical position and target audience of a given media source. The influence of this varies depending on what is being reported and the more influence it has the less I believe that I'm getting an objective opinion.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

First thing, it is vital to remember that all media outlets are biased. and that is actually OK and makes sense. every media carries a political baggage.

I use plenty of sources which most civil men will not come across or spend time exploring. however I visit a number of major news sites which are mainstream and widely read. they include the BBC, specifically a daily update of current events in the Mid East, Der Spiegel, a German news site (and magazine) one of Europe's largest and well read publications, the Israeli HAARETZ, a left leaning media outlet and newspaper and Al Jazeera.