1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What made the Israelites so special as a people...?

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by sense12, Oct 19, 2018.

1. 2ndpillar

2ndpillar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199
    Israel "as a whole was chosen to be His witnesses". The Jews, who are the "house of Judah" (Jeremiah 31:31) only represents part of the whole. The "house of Israel" remains "scattered among the nations", and do not "keep their custom and religion" (Ezekiel 36:17-19).

The bible states that Judah/Jews, have become like those who move a boundary" (Hosea 5:10), and Ephraim (the house of Israel, who have been "scattered among the nations (Ezekiel 36:17-19), have "played the harlot" (Hosea 5:3), will remain "crushed in judgment", "until they acknowledge their guilt" (Hosea 5:11-15). They were pledged health if they would have kept My Commandments. The whole world, the nations, are about to be crushed in judgment (Daniel 2:44-45) & (Revelation 16:13-19) & (Jeremiah 30:11).

#121 2ndpillar, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Earthling

Earthling David Henson

Ratings:
    +758
    Religion:
    Bible Believer
    I like the part where, right in the beginning, you aren't interested in anyone with my opinion's rebuttal so why are you asking me to comment on it?

3. sense12

sense12 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I just wanted to get you're opinion because you know a lot about the bible.The person whomade the video gave that disclaimer because he is constantly personally attacked by militant christians who would rather tell him that he is deceived and lacking knowledge of the bible which is why i wanted your opinion about the video

4. Earthling

Earthling David Henson

Ratings:
    +758
    Religion:
    Bible Believer
    Well, just tell the guy that made it I think he is deceived and lacking knowledge of the Bible so I don't have to watch the damn thing, okay?

I'm joking. Sort of. I will give it a try beyond his introductory absolution.

First criticism. Sort of. How does he suppose to support the claim of being "true descendants of the Hebrew Israelites?"

Second criticism. The term Old Testament is a misnomer, there is no "new testament," the term is a mistranslation of the word covenant.

Third criticism. What significance does the term "I am" have and why have you used it in the opening comments of your video?

Final Criticism. The guy has a nice voice for this sort of thing, but, I'm not interested in anything he has to say any more than he is in what I have to say.

5. sense12

sense12 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    he says that the bible is called the book of remembrance and that the romans decided to call the bible the old testament so that they could create a new testament to make people break the commandments and accept christianity.ok thanks for taking the time to watch some of it and thanks for your feedback.

6. 12jtartar

12jtartar Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Religion:
    Christian
  7. Shiranui117

Shiranui117 Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,265
    Religion:
    Eastern Orthodox Christian
    What is?

8. Earthling

Earthling David Henson

Ratings:
    +758
    Religion:
    Bible Believer
    That's right. What is?

9. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe He walks on water,

10. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe those are interesting parallels but I am not sure how they can be justified.

BTW you have my number. What is the significance?

11. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe being stomped on so much might give initiative to be held in high esteem.

12. 1213

1213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +779
    Religion:
    Disciple of Jesus
  13. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +3,392
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Israel was set aside by God as a people, not as individuals.

14. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that about sums it up. They were selected as a people of God and that made them special. It isn't that hey were so special that God had to select them although I suspect God had a motive in selecting a very stubborn people.

15. IndigoChild5559

Ratings:
    +3,392
    Religion:
    Judaism
    I get so tired of the "stubborn stiff necked people" charge. Not that God doesn't have a right to say so. But it is soooooooo hypocritical of others to levy a charge like this against us as if they aren't. We were worshiping the One True God and serving in His Temple when the rest of the world was worshiping rocks and trees and idols.

16. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe my ancestors were tree worshipers.

I believe the Jews have very often resisted God's plan for them and do so today by denying that Jesus is the Messiah they need. It is like trying to get a Democrat t believe Trump is a good president.

17. IndigoChild5559

Ratings:
    +3,392
    Religion:
    Judaism
    And you think Christians aren't stubborn and stiffnecked???? You think Christians aren't rebellious and sinful???? Try reading the history of the Church. As your "Messiah" taught, take the log out of your own eye before you take the speck out of someone else's.

18. Truth.Speaks

Truth.Speaks New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    matt12:50
    the Most high made a promise to our forefathers thats what makes us special "Deuteronomy 7:7-8"
    we are just the people he elected to be his we did no good or evil to deserve it or to not deserve it "romans 9:11"
    he elected/chose us to be a peculiar/special people "Deuteronomy 14:2" also "psalms135:4"
    how he chose us by giving us the laws and commandments which is his love "psalms 147:19-20" and "1 john 5:3"

19. IndigoChild5559

Ratings:
    +3,392
    Religion:
    Judaism
    I notice you use "we" and "us." Yet you are a Christian. Why in the world would you assume a lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Are you a Jew that has apostatized to Christianity? After all, the Torah was given only to Israel. Over and over, it is written, "And the LORD said to Moses, Speak to the Children of Israel," not to the Nations of the World. When you read verses like your quote from the psalms above, you need to remember that they were written by Jews, about Jews, for Jews.

20. 1213

1213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +779
    Religion:
    Disciple of Jesus