• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What made the Israelites so special as a people...?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Heck, the way to people's heart is a Jewish Baker!

I believe this is great:
upload_2018-11-24_10-52-46.jpeg

Kelly of the Phoenix

We don't actually know, but we can trust God.
You said God loved Abraham. People who love one another don't troll loved ones with murder bait.

And then there is the midrash about Abraham as a child being wise enough to know that idolatry was stupid.
If idolatry was stupid, why was there a bronze serpent and cherubim on the Ark and bulls in the Temple, etc? And fixating on the scriptures is idolatry in my opinion, and that happens all the time.

Jews make up 0.02 % of the world's population.

However, they make up...
Their first attempt at a country ended after just a few generations and was ridiculously small. "Jews" might be cool now, but back then? The scriptures tell me NOTHING I should really admire. "Piety" usually equates to xenophobia and enforced ignorance in the scriptures. Being a scholar meant you studied scripture and/or the law. That's it. The bible is constantly against any kind of progress and then whines LOUDLY about how awful it is when technologically superior civs torture and enslave and kill them. Maybe if they'd study something useful, I dunno.

What I find about the ' whole apocalypse thing ' is that the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked as per Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
I can't trust the moral sensibilities of a book that gives a pass at genocide and rape and slavery but thinks clothing and seafood are abominations unto the Lord.

Kind of like if you had a beautiful house and it became infested with rats, would you ruin your home, or exterminate the rats bringing ruin to your beautiful home.
Smart people aren't so nasty rats are attracted to it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You said God loved Abraham. People who love one another don't troll loved ones with murder bait.
If idolatry was stupid, why was there a bronze serpent and cherubim on the Ark and bulls in the Temple, etc? And fixating on the scriptures is idolatry in my opinion, and that happens all the time.
I can't trust the moral sensibilities of a book that gives a pass at genocide and rape and slavery but thinks clothing and seafood are abominations unto the Lord.
Smart people aren't so nasty rats are attracted to it.

Abraham knew both 'he and Isaac' would return according to Genesis 22:5.
Please notice what it says: I (Abraham) and the lad (Isaac) will go.....and come again to you.
So, Abraham was so confident in the Resurrection that he and Isaac were willing to go through with it.
However, God provided the animal sacrifice according to Genesis 22:12-14.

The Ark of the Covenant was never on public display. The High Priest only saw it on the Day of Atonement.

I am wondering what you find wrong with the 19th chapter of Leviticus.
If the people lived up to the Golden Rule as they were supposed to the nation would have behaved differently.

Just being smart/ intelligent does Not necessarily define as being a righteous person.
Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 says nothing about how intelligent or smart the figurative sheep and goats are.
Rather it is all about behavior.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus says he's coming back to bring ruin to Earth. You know, the whole apocalypse thing.

Please, Kelly of the Phoenix post where Jesus says he's coming back to bring ruin to Earth.
I find Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth at Matthew 5:5. - Psalms 37:9-11.
What will be brought to ruin are those who bring ruin to Earth - Revelation 11:18 B.
I find the humble ' sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 are living people who remain alive on Earth.
Who does Not remain alive on Earth is mentioned at Proverbs 2:21-22.
The apocalypse is the Revelation that Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will bring Peace on Earth.
Revelation 22:2 lets us know mankind will see the return of the Genesis "Tree of Life" on Earth, and notice it's purpose is Not ruin, but for the purpose of ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations will be blessed.
Armageddon is the final war that will ever be fought bringing an end to war on Earth - Psalms 46:9

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All those special effects disasters John goes on and on and on about don't happen?
I never thought about those very-vivid word pictures that John paints for us as being special effects.
But, such effects would be and are special. Especially ones found in the 6th chapter of Revelation.
The disasters, like the ones of Revelation 6:8, the hunger and the death are 'man-made' disasters.
You might want to notice the last few words of verse 8 because it also mentions death by wild animals.
So, John was seeing that increase as we are now seeing today.
Luke gives us a heads up in his words found at Luke 21:10-11 letting us know the types of earthquakes that would be happening on Earth using the adjective ' GREAT ' earthquakes.
So, Revelation harmonizes with Matthew and Luke and they are happening.
I like the ' special effects ' as described at Revelation 22:2 when mankind on Earth will once again see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' on Earth for the ' healing ' of earth's nations. Healing as described at Isaiah 35th chapter.

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
This is harassment and bullying. It's sick and you really need to stop. We're allowed to say not nice things about religious figures on here. If you can't take it, you probably shouldn't be here or just stick to your DIR. If someone is bothering you, report them and put them on ignore, but this is way uncalled for.

you're right, i won't do it again

DustyFeet

i have unfollowed, and deleted **my** offensive posts. i won't do it again

DustyFeet

About as kind as Andrea Yates.

Andrea Pia Yates is a former resident of Houston, Texas, who confessed to drowning her five children in their bathtub on June 20, 2001. She had been suffering for some time with very severe postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis. She was represented by Houston criminal defense attorney George Parnham. Wikipedia

220px-Tagetes_erecta_chendumalli_chedi.jpg
220px-Tagetes_erecta_chendumalli_chedi.jpg
What made the Israelites so special as a people...?
ans- I :heart: Israel i love 777.888.999

Yahweh, the national god of the ancient kingdoms of Israel

we live near end time and also kali yuga (dark age )

The number 7 is one of the most magical and holy numbers,
7 day

7 angel blowing shofar that mean warning to end time to near in bible
7 Continents

Africa
Europe
Asia
North America
South America
Australia (or Oceania)
Antarctica
:heart: There are parallel beliefs about the all true Lord(God) coming in this World (earth). :heart: The True Saviour Coming in end time :heart: :heart: Jesus Christ (Messiah) who will kill the Antichrist Satan Dragon :heart: Vishnu(Kalkin) who will kill the Kali Demon Satan who will come to end the present age of darkness and destruction known as Kali Yuga. :heart: Mahdi who will kill the Dajjal (similar to the Antichrist in Christianity.):heart: Buddha (maitreya) who will kill The mara demon (In Buddhism, Mara is the lord of misfortune, sin, destruction and Death.)
download (2).jpg
download (4).jpg
313.jpg
13955777400_d76af17c73_b.jpg
artworks-000271030799-2kic6u-original.jpg
image2.jpeg
mmm.jpg
images (4).jpg

Last edited:

DustyFeet

8 = chesed = kindness
9 = emes = truth

t'kEEyah

t'kah b'shofar godol l'cheirooseinu / 18 + 1 letters in hebrew / "sound the great shofar for our freedom"

Last edited:

DustyFeet

"sound the great shofar for our freedom"

the 10th request in the shemoneh esrei,

from My Prayer v1, Nissan Mendel
pg. 150

"Shemone Esrei means "eighteen," because originally this prayer had eighteen benedictions ( blessings ). It now has nineteen, as we shall soon see."

18 = chai = life
the 10th benediction has 18+1 letters
the word for soul (feminine) in hebrew is neshamah. when i searched it exists 18 times in the Tanach. coincidence?

pg. 153

"The twelth blessing is the one that was added later, which brought the total blessings to nineteen, although the name Shemone Esrei (eighteen) remained. This is a prayer that the slanderers of our people should not succeed, and that the heretics and all our enemies should fail in their attempts to harm us. It concludes with the words ... Who Breaks the Enemies and Subdues the Arrogant."

Last edited: