• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Jehovah's Witnesses got right.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The quote you quoted did not mention the bible only God. How did my statement about God get intertwined with the Bible?
Because the the Bible flat out says not only that he kills people, but that he ordered people to kill.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Mat 25:32 (ESVST) 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
Do you see something in that verse I don't see? Jesus said, "before Him will be gathered "ALL" the nations, does that leave anyone out? How do you get that His "brothers" aren't among the nations? Can Jesus have any other kind of brother besides "spiritual" brothers?
Ok, with that verse, no one today is meant. No one other than the 11 apostles, "continued with Him in His temptations". No one today can be under that covenant.
Mat 19:28 (ESVST) 28 Jesus said to them, " Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Will there be 12,000 people on each of the 12 thrones?

How many categories are mentioned at Matthew 25:32 ?________ I read two (2) categories are to be separated Not three (3).
Matthew 25 is Not set in the first century, but in the future time of separation of all the nations - Matthew 16:27; Matthew 25:31
In other words, Jesus' brothers' of Matthew 25:40 are already classified as ' brothers ' while the ' sheep ' and the ' goats ' are Not yet classified.
The sheep and goats are Not called as brothers in that illustration - Matthew 24:13
Jesus' brothers' are the holy ones or ' saints ' as mentioned at - 1 Corinthians 1:1-3; Daniel 7:18; Daniel 7:21-22; Daniel 7:27
The sheep are Not part of the ' little flock ' (smaller number) - Luke 12:32, but part of the ' other sheep ' mentioned at John 10:14-16

Since the apostles judge the 12 tribes of Israel - Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:28-30 - (future tense) then we are Not talking (past tense) but talking about the 'Israel of God '- Galatians 6:16 who has Jerusalem ' above ' as mother - Galatians 4:26 - and Not the abandoned religious Jewish house of worship - Matthew 23:38.
The apostles are part of ' spiritual Israel '- 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Peter 2:5 - a ' spiritual nation ' which has No borders nor boundaries found located on any map.
Those called to be holy ones or saints do Not judge themselves, but judge the nations (the world of mankind) - 1 Corinthians 1:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:2
They rule and reign with Christ as both kings and priests over earth's nations (world of mankind) - 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 20:6
Mankind (sheep and goats) they are classed outside of being kings and priests - Revelation 20:4
Revelation being written in very-vivid word pictures - Revelation 7:4-5; Revelation 7:6-8 - is set for out day or time frame - Revelation 1:10 - and Not for fleshly national Israel of today.
There is No one priestly tribe like Levi because ' spiritual Israel ' - Romans 2:28-29 - has No special separate priestly tribe, rather the whole ' spiritual nation ' is priestly besides kingly.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How many categories are mentioned at Matthew 25:32 ?________ I read two (2) categories are to be separated Not three (3).
Matthew 25 is Not set in the first century, but in the future time of separation of all the nations - Matthew 16:27; Matthew 25:31
So Stephen saw a lie and Matthew 28:18 is not right. Is that what I must believe to be declared righteous?

Acts of the Apostles 7:55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Because the the Bible flat out says not only that he kills people, but that he ordered people to kill.

God orders an ' execution ' for the sake of justice.
Rahab and the Gibeonites were spared.
If God had Not brought about the Flood of Noah's day - Genesis 6:11 - then those violent people would have killed off every righteous person on earth.
Also, Sodom and Gomorrah was an execution for the sake of justice.
The soon coming ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - is for the sake of justice.
The words from Jesus' mouth will execute the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16; Psalms 92:7

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@stupid, stupid, stupid Matthew 16:27 and Matthew 25:31 will also work with the word go, not come.

Jeremiah 32:19
great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to the ways of all mankind; you reward each person according to their conduct and as their deeds deserve.
Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, "God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed."
Jeremiah 32:19
great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to the ways of all mankind; you reward each person according to their conduct and as their deeds deserve.
Ezekiel 18:20
The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a good question why at Matthew 28:19 the word the word "go" or "having gone" is not the same word written at Matthew 16:27 and Matthew 25:31.
I am as certain as I can be that Matthew 28:19 is Jesus saying, "when I am gone, you do the things I have commanded you for a witness to all the nations"

Might I be wrong? Might YOU?

Why isn't the word having gone written at the other places people have said mean, "come"?

It might be a scribal change. But I think that it should be assumed that it is not changed. So why the difference? According to other places that say, "Go!", it is attached to a command. Is this not so? When Jesus left us for God it was not a command. Of that I am certain.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess that leaves out the 7 members of the GB, they claim to be fallible humans and sinners, they're not holy or saints. All it takes to be unholy is one bad thought, one tiny lie.
It is written that a person must endure to the end to be saved. How is it possible that Jesus chose them to save people when they themselves are not saved yet?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I guess that leaves out the 7 members of the GB, they claim to be fallible humans and sinners, they're not holy or saints.

Paul's letters were addressed to the "Holy Ones" who were still very much alive as sinful humans in their imperfect flesh. (Rom 1:7; 1 Cor 1:2; 2 Cor 1:1; Eph 1:1; Phil 1:1; Col 1:2)

You do exhibit a bit of an obsession with our GB djh, I am puzzled as to why? If we do not have the right religion and Jesus is the one who make the distinction between the sheep and the goats at the judgment, what are you trying to prove? And more importantly, who are you trying to prove it to? Yourself perhaps?

All it takes to be unholy is one bad thought, one tiny lie.

Really?......then you'd better be careful about what you say against the "Holy Ones" who are still on earth today. If the GB are indeed Christ's brothers, then you may have some explaining to do. Sometimes its better to say nothing....err on the side of caution maybe? The ones who put Jesus to death were certain that they were right too.....:rolleyes:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
No military service. "thou shall not kill". How much plainer can you get.

Actually it should read "thou shall not murder."

Hebrew has two terms you need to become familiar with:
Harag- to kill, as in combat
Ratzah- to murder, as in a crime

The term used in the commandment was ratzah. It's all in the context.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Really?......then you'd better be careful about what you say against the "Holy Ones" who are still on earth today. If the GB are indeed Christ's brothers, then you may have some explaining to do. Sometimes its better to say nothing....err on the side of caution maybe? The ones who put Jesus to death were certain that they were right too.....:rolleyes:
How can they be holy as they have not endured to their end yet? Do you understand that they are HUMAN and they might defect?????????????????????

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A reminder for you @Deeje perhaps? Ezekiel 33:13 If I tell a righteous person that they will surely live, but then they trust in their righteousness and do evil, none of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered; they will die for the evil they have done.

djhwoodwerks

Paul's letters were addressed to the "Holy Ones" who were still very much alive as sinful humans in their imperfect flesh. (Rom 1:7; 1 Cor 1:2; 2 Cor 1:1; Eph 1:1; Phil 1:1; Col 1:2)

Rom 1:7 (ESVST) 7 To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 1:2 (ESVST) 2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

2Co 1:1 (ESVST) 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God that is at Corinth, with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia:

Gal 1:1-2 (ESVST) 1 Paul, an apostle — not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead — 2 and all the brothers who are with me,
To the churches of Galatia:

Eph 1:1 (ESVST) 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:

Phi 1:1-2 (ESVST) 1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons: 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Col 1:1-2 (ESVST) 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, 2 To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.

1Th 1:1 (ESVST) 1 Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
1Th 1:4 (ESVST) 4 For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,

So, please explain to me, how can there be only 144,000 brothers of Jesus? Was Paul writing to only 2 or maybe 3 saints and brothers in each of his letters?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is the key word: οὖσιν
I think it means for those who are being saints. It isn't calling anyone living a saint. It is addressing people who are being saintly.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
RETZACH -- "to slay, kill, murder". Take your pick and I'll take mine.

That transliteration also means to murder, as in a crime. When it is used in context of the OT, it is murder.

Edit: for those that have not studied Hebrew, you can follow this wiki entry-

Retzach ( רצח ) is a Hebrew term, which describes a certain death-bringing activity, and whose exact translation is disputed. One of the more well known items in the Ethical Decalogue is the rule thou shalt not [retzach][1]; most commonly this rule is translated thou shalt not kill, but a number of individuals, particularly in Judaism and fundamentalist Christianity, regard thou shalt not murder as a more accurate rendering.

The Bible never uses the word retzach in conjunction with war, and controversially portrays Yahweh as frequently advocating total war.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Deeje Jesus does not eat at your table of Jehovah because at your table of Jehovah stuff like Beth Sarim and magical pyramids are served there.

Also, at your table the world's stock market gets discussed.

Last edited: