• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your solution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What is your solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
Israel%20&%20Palestine%20flags.jpg

Kirran

Premium Member
I wouldn't say that. Northern Ireland's been solved.

But I think the two-state solution has long been untenable, and politicians in the region and with interests there are simply putting off an eventual acknowledgement of the one-state as the only remaining outcome.

Kirran

Premium Member
Palestinians are gonna have to recognize they can gain nothing with their weak forces and abide by Israel's ordinances.

I really don't see why Palestinians even attempt to fight. There's nothing it can accomplish.

They fight because they are oppressed, and/or because they are radicalised.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If I was God and could decide, I would leave it just like it is, as a reminder to Jews that the land if Israel is not the promise land, so that they might look for a heavenly promise land. And a reminder to the Palestinians that God gave that Land to Moses and the Israelites. But then i'm not God so it's none of my business.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm not sure that there is one. If it was simply a territorial dispute, it probably could have been solved a long time ago, but this is also a religious dispute over a territory which has been fought over many times by multiple nations.

I suppose one solution is that it could be turned into a Trust Territory under UN jurisdiction.

Laika

Premium Member
Israel%20&%20Palestine%20flags.jpg

Can we stick the leaders and cabinet members of both governments in a field somewhere and tell them to keep shooting each other until they're all dead or decide that maybe compromise could be more acceptable?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Can we stick the leaders and cabinet members of both governments in a field somewhere and tell them to keep shooting each other until they're all dead or decide that maybe compromise could be more acceptable?
Sounds good! :)

Kirran

Premium Member
Much of the hostility is derived from the protectionist stances prevalent within the two populations to be fair. It is a complex and nuanced situation. The Palestinian people have been screwed on three sides, by the Israeli government and military, by their own governments and by the governments of other Arab states.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
None, imo, and part of the reason I say that is that the "Hadith" has it that once an area is under Muslim control it must always remain as such, so those imams that are more literalists will not likely ever agree to having a Jewish state in their midst.

Kirran

Premium Member
None, imo, and part of the reason I say that is that the "Hadith" has it that once an area is under Muslim control it must always remain as such, so those imams that are more literalists will not likely ever agree to having a Jewish state in their midst.

This is very circumstantial. Those scattered few trying to "take back" Iberia, Greece and India are fringe anywhere in the world.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is very circumstantial. Those scattered few trying to "take back" Iberia, Greece and India are fringe anywhere in the world.
But it's this "fringe" that's the driving force that intimidates those more moderate from speaking out against them. This is not some speculation on my part, btw-- it's very much real.

And one must understand why, namely that the Hadith is second only to the Qur'an itself in Islam, so it's sort of like asking a Baptist if (s) believes the "O.T." is form God. In the case of the Hadith, it is based on the words of Mohammed that he dictated to his followers.

Kirran

Premium Member
But it's this "fringe" that's the driving force that intimidates those more moderate from speaking out against them. This is not some speculation on my part, btw-- it's very much real.

And one must understand why, namely that the Hadith is second only to the Qur'an itself in Islam, so it's sort of like asking a Baptist if (s) believes the "O.T." is form God. In the case of the Hadith, it is based on the words of Mohammed that he dictated to his followers.

Not regarding Iberia, Greece and India the fringe doesn't intimate anybody! In Palestine, that's Hamas' doctrine, not Fatah's.

I don't believe that's a universally accepted hadith.

Super Universe

Defender of God
The solution is for the Palestinians to choose to improve their lives within the territory they have instead of wasting energy, money, and bodies attempting to expand their borders.

Too many of them think that they can't do anything with the land they have when they could do everything they need to do. They would have to control their population growth to a degree, but so what. Even if they had kept the land they were never going to be a world leader in any category anyway or do anything particularly special with it.

If having a large Palestinian population is the most important thing to them they could stop attacking Israel and some of them would be allowed to emigrate to other countries where they could develop Palestinian communities like "little Italy" in New York and "Chinatown" in San Francisco.

They can improve the cities they have, improve their schools, fix the airport, build a desalination plant, and much of the world would help them but only if they stop attacking Israel.