• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your solution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Not regarding Iberia, Greece and India the fringe doesn't intimate anybody!
In the case of India it very much came into play as one of the justifications for the partitioning in India.

In Palestine, that's Hamas' doctrine, not Fatah's.
Fatah is more secular, but they have and do seek support from the imams.

I don't believe that's a universally accepted hadith.
It very much is.

Here's from Google's definition of "Hadith": "a collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad that, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran".

And here's a source for more info that you can access: Hadith - Wikipedia

Kirran

Premium Member
In the case of India it very much came into play as one of the justifications for the partitioning in India.

Fair enough, yeah.

Fatah is more secular, but they have and do seek support from the imams.

No argument there!

It very much is.

Here's from Google's definition of "Hadith": "a collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad that, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran".

And here's a source for more info that you can access: Hadith - Wikipedia

Interesting!

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Back to the OP:

Give the WB to Israel and have Israel, Jordan, and Egypt all donate a bit of land around the south end of Israel for the Palestinians.

rusra02

Premium Member
IMO, God's Kingdom. (Daniel 2:44) Meanwhile, true Christians, both Israeli and Palestinian, are united in love and faith. (John 13:34,35)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
First, convince the majority of Palestinians that Jews have a right to exist. Come back after you've finished that and I'll tell you the next step.

Akivah

None, imo, and part of the reason I say that is that the "Hadith" has it that once an area is under Muslim control it must always remain as such, so those imams that are more literalists will not likely ever agree to having a Jewish state in their midst.

They are also looking to reclaim Spain as their own. If Israel ever gets solved to their satisfaction, that will be next.

Akivah

What is your solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict

First, Islam needs a reformation similar to what Christianity did.
Second, the Palestinians need to love their own children more than they hate Jews.
Third, the Arabic nations need to integrate the refugees into their own populace, like every other nation on the planet has done.

Then the Jews and the Arabs can be friendly neighbors.

Kirran

Premium Member
First, Islam needs a reformation similar to what Christianity did.
Second, the Palestinians need to love their own children more than they hate Jews.
Third, the Arabic nations need to integrate the refugees into their own populace, like every other nation on the planet has done.

Then the Jews and the Arabs can be friendly neighbors.

The 'second' is a bit of a disgusting assertion.

And overall: so nothing's on Israel at all then?

Akivah

The 'second' is a bit of a disgusting assertion.

I agree with you that the arabs known as palestinians do disgusting things. This includes strapping suicide bombs onto their children, lining their children up and using them as cover while shooting at Israelis, and sending their children to terrorist training camps.

And overall: so nothing's on Israel at all then?

Not much. I'd say 98% of the Israeli activities is in response to the arabs known as palestinians' attacks. It's like the old saying "If the arabs known as palestinians laid down their arms, there would be peace by the end of that day. If the Israelis laid down their arms, there would be no Israelis by the end of that day."

Akivah

The solution is for the Palestinians to choose to improve their lives within the territory they have instead of wasting energy, money, and bodies attempting to expand their borders.

Too many of them think that they can't do anything with the land they have when they could do everything they need to do. They would have to control their population growth to a degree, but so what. Even if they had kept the land they were never going to be a world leader in any category anyway or do anything particularly special with it.

If having a large Palestinian population is the most important thing to them they could stop attacking Israel and some of them would be allowed to emigrate to other countries where they could develop Palestinian communities like "little Italy" in New York and "Chinatown" in San Francisco.

They can improve the cities they have, improve their schools, fix the airport, build a desalination plant, and much of the world would help them but only if they stop attacking Israel.

That's true.

When Israeli pulled out of the Gaza strip, they left behind large numbers of fully intant and functioning greenhouses. The first thing that the arabs known as palestinians did was to destroy all those greenhouses.

And now that these arabs have a place that they politically control, all they build are weapon making industries and invasion tunnels.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What is your solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
I wish I had a better understanding of the Palestinian perspective.

Israel's is fairly clear, if dangerously close to acceptance of a slow genocide as inevitable.

The Palestinians' is far less understandable, and often seems to be all-out irrational. Before anyone asks, yes, I most certainly do blame Islaam for that. Recent years showed me how dangerous that doctrine is to intercommunity peace.

Until and unless such an understanding of their goals and motivations is attained, the best I can conceive of amounts to some form of scheduled, temporary and very public hostages exchanges, aiming to remind both sides of the humanity of each other and, hopefully, to bring some measure of common understanding. Israel is dangerously close to deciding that the Palestinians do not deserve to be considered humans. Meanwhile, I am not sure the Palestinians can be made to accept that Israelis are humans.

That will not by itself solve anything, but I see such efforts as very much a necessary prerequisite for any "solution" that is not ultimately glorified calamity.

VioletVortex

I support Palestine over Israel, mostly because they've had less influence over their rest or the world. Not that I support either in the bigger picture, I care about Europe, they can care about their own homelands.

Stop chaining yourself to Israel, that's all I have to say.

Servant_of_the_One1

Best solution in my opinion is for Palestine to exist. A state where Jews can rule themselves according to Torah, and Muslims implement shariah on the muslims(not non-muslims) and Christians refer themselves to the rules of Pope.
So in this holy land there is no place for godless system.

As for "israelis" who are from europe its better that they return to europe, even their children(third generation).

psychoslice

Veteran Member
They both hate each others guts, so until one party becomes truly spiritual and truly understand what love is, it will never change, I just hope one day a generation of whatever side, my be actually mature enough to see the stupidity of the situation.