• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your next favorite Religion after your own one?

Which is your next favorite religion after your own one?

• Christianity

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Judaism

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Confucianism

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Taoism

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Sikhism

• Jainism

• Neopaganism (please specify which one)

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Zoroastrianism

• Bahai Faith

• Islam

• Agnosticism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atheism

• Other

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

GoodbyeDave

I've just become the first to vote for Confucianism. I see I'm included in Neopaganism: that always happens and like many Hellenes (and Heathens) I do not have a high opinion of Wicca!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I didn't vote because Hinduism is so vast, like several religions, so it would be another branch of Hinduism, probably a Shaktite school.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Atheism and agnosticism aren't religions. Egyptian religion and Thelema both not present so I went with Taoism.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My second choice would have to be a religion of my own particular making. Something recess that I could quietly abide within a dark soft ambience would be ideal. A religion that allows personal reflection without undue interference from set dogma or complicated ritual.

Delta-9

Although I'm essentially an atheist, I guess my former religion of Christianity is a cop out, so I'll go with the Bahai faith, either that or Buddhism. Perhaps Scientology for the laughs.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Luciferianism, Hellenismos and Aztec religion.

It's actually pretty hard for me to choose just one.

Yes, there's those three but I also have a deep respect for the folkways of my Germanic and Celtic European ancestors. I may not believe in it as a literal religion, but European indigenous religion does resonate with me and I find it inspiring. I'd still wear a Thor's Hammer out of respect for my heritage if I was in the mood.

Then there's my African-American ancestry and their indigenous practices would be Vodoun, which I have a budding interest in. I think it's important to feel that sort of connection to those who came before.

idav

Being
Premium Member
As religions I like Mahayana Buddhism then Gnostic Christianity.

After Pantheism I like Deism then Atheism.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I will confused between Chritianity and Judiasm .

I guess i will choose Chritianity .

gnostic

The Lost One
It is always the stories (myths) that fascinate me, not the act or practice of worship or the belief in deity or deities.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I guess your own religion is your favorite one. My Question is which is your next favorite religion ?
Mine is Judaism

Mine is Islam not in terms of how the religion is practied but in terms of the meaning of Islam which is to hear and obey God. Even though Jesus is present with me all the time, I still hear Him and obey of course although sometimes I hem and haw if the task is unpleasant.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is always the stories (myths) that fascinate me, not the act or practice of worship or the belief in deity or deities.

I can identify with that. I enjoy the Canbrian and Gaelic stories and wonder how someone mangaed to fly from Ireland to America in ancient times provided the stories reflect an actual event.

Brinne

That's a tough one. I really do like Buddhism and Taoism. I also find Konkokyo to be very interesting. Other pagan religions, primarily Ásatrú and Druidism, I also have come to like.

All in all I think every religion has something interesting to take away from it which is why it's so hard for me to pick a favorite.