• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I have met some mad persons in my life but not so mad like you that offend others unreasonably. especially the one who is advising you.
So when are you going to start "advising"?
If you think merely repeating the same old sermon that hundreds of members before you have already preached, don't bother.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have met some mad persons in my life but not so mad like you that offend others unreasonably. especially the one who is advising you.
"Advising"? Heads up, condescending preaching is not "advising". It is offensive to say the least. So while you may accuse her of being offensive, you apparently have no clue just how offensive what you say is to others.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
She most certainly can marry, a man or a woman, whomever she falls in love with if they choose to do so.
I don't think it was meant that way, but that: (I can) (never marry) (if I so choose).
This is your choice. You can never marry. Marriage is an optional thing for every woman or man. Its dependent on her/his will and wish. If someone feels she is not interested to marry she can do the same, also about men. But it doesn't mean this kind of humans are free to have sex otherwise.
I really wasn't referring to marriage, but the idea of being created to be a baby factory (I can't have them anyways). No one should be regarded as having been created to be a baby maker.
As for marriage, and sex, I do can do either as I freely choose. It's no one else's choice but my own whom I marry or have non-marital sex with.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have "non-marital" sex all the time. I have Handfasted sex, but whether someone views my Handfasting as a marriage or not...well, that's them. To most since I am not legally married then my committed relationship isn't real.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have "non-marital" sex all the time. I have Handfasted sex, but whether someone views my Handfasting as a marriage or not...well, that's them. To most since I am not legally married then my committed relationship isn't real.
And here all these years I though you were.:oops:

Draka

Wonder Woman
And here all these years I though you were.:oops:
We treat and regard each other partners. We took vows in a Pagan Handfasting ceremony. We are committed, but according to some, perhaps many, that isn't good enough as we haven't gotten "official" paperwork. :rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We treat and regard each other partners. We took vows in a Pagan Handfasting ceremony. We are committed, but according to some, perhaps many, that isn't good enough as we haven't gotten "official" paperwork. :rolleyes:
I guess I just assumed Handfasting = marriage. I never even really made it a conscious thought that it didn't automatically imply the other.
We put way too much emphasis on having papers.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm not mad, actually. I ran out of mad a few hundred of you ago. I'm just not going to pretend there's anything redeemable or worthy about the crap you spew. I'm not going to bite my tongue behind a polite smile and let you think you're respectable. Why should I? Maybe if someone had told you how disgusting it is from the start, you'd be worth talking to now.

By the way, you're not advising anyone. You're just sulking because you don't want to admit that I'm right. Can't say as I blame you, but the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I guess I just assumed Handfasting = marriage. I never even really made it a conscious thought that it didn't automatically imply the other.
We put way too much emphasis on having papers.
Depends. There are different forms, not all of which are permanent, and that's before you apply it to the political drama surrounding legal marriage, which complicates everything if the people joined are at all political.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
No, of course the term 'discriminate' didn't appear 2,000 years ago, since it's an English word and its parent language wouldn't appear for quite a few centuries more.

However, the concept of discrimination was quite well established... unlike that of sexual orientation, which is acually quite a bit newer even than the English language.

So that's really a very strange argument.
Even the idea of discriminate wasn't used. People had different values in those days. We have learned more now than we did in the past. As for someone being gay, we now know that people are born that way. People apparently had less tolerance for those who were different from themselves as they do now. Right or wrong, that's just the way it was. More diversity also exists in various areas, as well.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Even the idea of discriminate wasn't used. People had different values in those days. We have learned more now than we did in the past. As for someone being gay, we now know that people are born that way. People apparently had less tolerance for those who were different from themselves as they do now. Right or wrong, that's just the way it was. More diversity also exists in various areas, as well.
Of course it was, Christine. In fact, it was much more discriminatory than most modern societies, gleefully discriminating left and right. Nation of birth, gender, economic class if you were lucky enough to be free, your owner's class if you weren't. Yeah, there was a ton of diversity, and absolutely every way you could be different from the ruling class meant you got dealt with differently, whether or not it was something you had any control over. That's all discrimination is.

Manss

So when are you going to start "advising"?
If you think merely repeating the same old sermon that hundreds of members before you have already preached, don't bother.
It doesn't matter that I am the first or the one hundred and first. My word is golden. I speak unique, nice and effective. I don't know what they have told and how they preached but this action is not tolerable for me.When I hear this action has become legalized in US I become sad and frightened and say myself, how a government, a justice and religious system of church follow the abnormal desires of some little group that damage the honor and character of humanity? And how they allow this persons to do such hateful action. Isn't there any priest to guide them toward a straight way ? They are damaging themselves and others due to their abnormal lust and wishes so why churches don't react against this corruption that is versus every humanity establishments? Then I remember that churches have themselves some internal problems, when a bishop or a group of priest themselves make children. Of course Pope threw them out from the church but repeating the similar event is not avoidable. I was thinking installing a sign on the portal of the church in Italy, " The beautiful and a little fat boys are forbidden to enter, except along with their parents. Also they are not allowed drop in basement."
However I believe the responsible of west societies have to review about their laws and statements. Some laws are insufficient and some new laws like legalization of homosexuality, using drug ( Marijuana) and carrying arms are wrong. People of west need more physical and moral security. West is in forefront of amazing technologies and it is very good and admirable but some abnormal cultural things and corruptions have grown along with these gifts and those are because of weakness of laws in the west. Governments, justice and religious systems have to review issues and modify and improve the laws. Some extreme freedoms in the west are malady and not remedy. If the principal of a school allows student to do whatever they love, the school will not be able to continue its way in the education. The student need training to learn how they should behave to became a good and useful person in future. They have to observe some law, statement and disciplines to grow correctly. Lessons and moralities are beside each other and training must is done in both dimensions.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
how a government, a justice and religious system of church
Not all governments are based on religious values. America is not.
the abnormal desires of some little group that damage the honor and character of humanity?
Prove how these are abnormal and that it damages character.
And how they allow this persons to do such hateful action.
Prove it is hateful, and that you are not being hateful.
Isn't there any priest to guide them toward a straight way ?
If they don't want it, why force it?
They are damaging themselves and others due to their abnormal lust
Prove they are damaging themselves, and that their lust is abnormal.
so why churches don't react against this corruption that is versus every humanity establishments?
Because in some places the church and the government are legally made to be separate.
Also prove that homosexuality is a corruptions of human establishments.

legalization of homosexuality
Prove how this is a bad thing, and not just your moral standards.
using drug ( Marijuana)
Prove how this is a bad thing, and not just your moral standards.
carrying arms are wrong.
HA! If you live in America, especially if you are not a member of the white male heterosexual cisgendered crowd, it is best to keep you guns cocked. Hopefully you wont have to use it, but our bad guys and mentally unstable have easy access to guns, so we have to protect ourselves.
If the principal of a school allows student to do whatever they love, the school will not be able to continue its way in the education.
That would be a bad thing how? The education system in Western society needs to be completely redone, starting by doing away with buildings that are designed like prisons, doing away with instruction methods and time that is designed around industry and manufacturing, and by adding more art, philosophy, and other skills into the curriculum. Students should be taught how to think, not be prepared to live under a panoptic gaze doing the same thing over and over and over again and again and again for the duration of their lives.
They have to observe some law, statement and disciplines to grow correctly.
I pick and choose what laws I will follow, and I'm doing quite well.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It doesn't matter that I am the first or the one hundred and first. My word is golden. I speak unique, nice and effective.
Your word is the same corrosive bile I've ignored all my life, minus the syntax.

Insisting that you're the most amazing, articulate bigot ever to expose your disgusting self only makes it more pathetic.

Draka

Wonder Woman
It doesn't matter that I am the first or the one hundred and first. My word is golden. I speak unique, nice and effective. I don't know what they have told and how they preached but this action is not tolerable for me.When I hear this action has become legalized in US I become sad and frightened and say myself, how a government, a justice and religious system of church follow the abnormal desires of some little group that damage the honor and character of humanity? And how they allow this persons to do such hateful action. Isn't there any priest to guide them toward a straight way ? They are damaging themselves and others due to their abnormal lust and wishes so why churches don't react against this corruption that is versus every humanity establishments? Then I remember that churches have themselves some internal problems, when a bishop or a group of priest themselves make children. Of course Pope threw them out from the church but repeating the similar event is not avoidable. I was thinking installing a sign on the portal of the church in Italy, " The beautiful and a little fat boys are forbidden to enter, except along with their parents. Also they are not allowed drop in basement."
However I believe the responsible of west societies have to review about their laws and statements. Some laws are insufficient and some new laws like legalization of homosexuality, using drug ( Marijuana) and carrying arms are wrong. People of west need more physical and moral security. West is in forefront of amazing technologies and it is very good and admirable but some abnormal cultural things and corruptions have grown along with these gifts and those are because of weakness of laws in the west. Governments, justice and religious systems have to review issues and modify and improve the laws. Some extreme freedoms in the west are malady and not remedy. If the principal of a school allows student to do whatever they love, the school will not be able to continue its way in the education. The student need training to learn how they should behave to became a good and useful person in future. They have to observe some law, statement and disciplines to grow correctly. Lessons and moralities are beside each other and training must is done in both dimensions.

Allow homosexuals to do "such a hateful action"? I'm sorry, no. It is exactly your type of thinking that brings about hateful actions.