• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
Is homosexuality good? Is it bad? Is it neither? Is it a sin? Is it not a sin? Is it natural?

Just curious as to what everyone's outlook is.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Is homosexuality good? Is it bad? Is it neither? Is it a sin? Is it not a sin? Is it natural?

Just curious as to what everyone's outlook is.
I think it may be that all forms of sexual attraction are one of the factors that keep us bound to this material world.

gsa

I think it may be that all forms of sexual attraction are one of the factors that keep us bound to this material world.

Very Gnostic (and also Theravadin). Do you think that celibacy is an ideal to strive for?

gsa

It might help to clarify what is meant by homosexuality as well. Do you mean sexual acts, and if so, what kind? Sexual orientation?

I think that homosexuality is natural (actually I don't think that; it just is). But I also don't think that the occurrence of something in nature is much of a guide for human morality. On that latter point, I think that homosexuality and heterosexuality should be evaluated the same way.

Of course, being gay I am a little biased, or experienced, as the case may be.

Thana

Lady
Homosexuality is between that person and their God and no one else. I have no right to judge, or call them sinners (which I also am) or say they don't have the same rights as me.
Whether it is good or bad is irrelevant. I won't force my ideals on other people, And I shouldn't want too.

Everyone has their cross to bear.

Paradox22

I'm only Hume ian
I don't see why the word 'natural' should be part of the discussion. What does it mean for something to be or not to be natural? I also don't get why everyone thinks its important whether sexuality is a choice or not. People should just be treated fairly and equally. End of story.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I think it may be because recognition that it is natural brings to light how silly, stupid, "off", etc. considering it an abomination actually is.

Like being left-handed, green-eyed, or red-haired...it's "different", but not abominable or evil.

I don't see why the word 'natural' should be part of the discussion. What does it mean for something to be or not to be natural? I also don't get why everyone thinks its important whether sexuality is a choice or not. People should just be treated fairly and equally. End of story.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I voted "Other".

I believe that it is natural, but that it isn't inherently good or bad. It just kinda is.