• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters
The pseudo-apology that blames the minority for understanding why the "friend" refuses to say a word against the bigots.

Pattern.

Really? Do you understand why Jews are "so sensitive" about being called and thought of as Christ killers? How about blacks being "so sensitive" about their children being called and thought of as thugs?

Bigotry kills, Christine. It strangles our souls when it doesn't lynch our flesh.

Oh, but I'm sure that's completely different... to YOU. Pattern.

Yes, that's been quite obvious for several days, during which time you've defended those who hate us at every turn.

Pattern.

But you know that queer people aren't worth playing devil's advocate FOR.

Pattern.

Like I said... since preschool.

Poor example, Storm: "Really? Do you understand why Jews are "so sensitive" about being called and thought of as Christ killers?"

If it weren't for Jesus' death, you would not have a Christology, Christianity.

I never said that Homosexuals didn't love each other. I said that sex was empty with people who did not love each other, I didn't say Homosexuals. I haven't defended bigots at all; I haven't defended ANYONE. I have tried to make you understand that. I can't force you to. I am not speaking anymore on this. If you want to see me as a hateful witch, then so be it.

Christine, sex is sex. Love is with sex or without. Sex is not a sin nor is sin sex. I liked your quote from Mark Twain.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
“Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely!
In life and in death they were not divided;
they were swifter than eagles,
they were stronger than lions.
How the mighty have fallen in the midst of battle!
Jonathan lies slain upon your high places.
I am distressed for you my brother Jonathan;
Greatly beloved were you to me;
your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.”

(2 Samuel 1:23, 26-27,

ginaleanne

Well, I put "Natural and Good", because by the way I define good and bad (helpful/harmful), it's helpful by the fact that homosexual couples don't add to the population, and are more likely to adopt children.
I put indifferent but I absolutely agree with Riverwolf on this. The world is very overpopulated and the fact that there are more homosexuals might be natures response to that.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The population isn't actually increasing, though. There are just more coming out. Also, orientation doesn't prevent fertility.

Still, increasing societal acceptance does mean that gay couples can step up and provide loving homes to unwanted children.

joshua3886

Great Purple Hippo
What goes on between two consenting adults in private is nobody's business. I think to argue whether or not it is a choice or natural is missing the point that being gay doesn't hurt anybody. I think we need to avoid the debate about homosexuality being natural and instead focus on getting people to realize that being gay has no more of an effect on society than heterosexuality. My sister is gay, but I don't view her as being a gay person, just as a being person. And that is how everyone else should view gays.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
What goes on between two consenting adults in private is nobody's business. I think to argue whether or not it is a choice or natural is missing the point that being gay doesn't hurt anybody. I think we need to avoid the debate about homosexuality being natural and instead focus on getting people to realize that being gay has no more of an effect on society than heterosexuality. My sister is gay, but I don't view her as being a gay person, just as a being person. And that is how everyone else should view gays.
Indeed. Thank you.

Your sister is very lucky.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I do not recall ever seeing a debate about homosexuality being natural or un-natural that was anything more than someone making the claim that natural is moral and un-natural is immoral.

The fact of the matter is that natural/un-natural has nothing to do with moral/immoral.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Poor example, Storm: "Really? Do you understand why Jews are "so sensitive" about being called and thought of as Christ killers?"

If it weren't for Jesus' death, you would not have a Christology, Christianity.
Totally irrelevant.

In addition, while Christ was more than worthy of honor, most Christianity can't be bothered to do that. You prefer to turn Him into a new idol, and proceed to use it to bludgeon the rest of us into licking your boots. I don't think He'd approve.

So the idea of a world without Christology doesn't really bother me.

Next time, look at the religious id field.

Totally irrelevant.

In addition, while Christ was more than worthy of honor, most Christianity can't be bothered to do that. You prefer to turn Him into a new idol, and proceed to use it to bludgeon the rest of us into licking your boots. I don't think He'd approve.

So the idea of a world without Christology doesn't really bother me.

Next time, look at the religious id field.

I take it that you did not get my point. Without Jesus' death there would be no Christianity. Besides, I don't see Jesus as a divine being. Not before. Not after his death. Christians have made Jesus out to be their savior. Christianity is man's perception of God.

DrTCH

Very Gnostic (and also Theravadin). Do you think that celibacy is an ideal to strive for?

NO WAY, JOSE!!! For most of us, this would comprise a denial of an important part of a normal human life. Sex is messy, but ...again, for most of us...is necessary and potentially a very positive and therapeutic aspect of life.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I voted that it's natural and good. So so soooo good. Our sexuality is the seat of our creative potential. When it is consensually expressed, we bring passion and love and vitality to the surface.

Now...

Anyone want to ask what I think about bisexuality? Because I'd love to have a party given the wonders and beauty I see in THIS orientation. My full bias will come pouring out. :D

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I voted that it's natural and good. So so soooo good. Our sexuality is the seat of our creative potential. When it is consensually expressed, we bring passion and love and vitality to the surface.

Now...

Anyone want to ask what I think about bisexuality? Because I'd love to have a party given the wonders and beauty I see in THIS orientation. My full bias will come pouring out. :D
Ooh ooh I do!

Mystic, what do you think about bisexuality?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Ooh ooh I do!

Mystic, what do you think about bisexuality?

Oh baby....

The finest food, drink, music, dance, textures.

It's a hot bath with healing aromas that also relax and rejuvenate the senses.

It's nurturing and enlivening and liberating and empowering and joyful and so much beauty that I'm overwhelmed with happiness.

Understand, I'm in the fun phase of oxytocin firing on all cylinders. So love is hormonally charged and life is grand when it comes to sex and sexuality. :)