• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The term "discriminate" did not appear 2,000 years ago. But, Jesus said He was there for the ill and not the healthy; so even it were a sin, Jesus would have preached to them: Just as He did with the tax collectors and prostitutes.
No, of course the term 'discriminate' didn't appear 2,000 years ago, since it's an English word and its parent language wouldn't appear for quite a few centuries more.

However, the concept of discrimination was quite well established... unlike that of sexual orientation, which is acually quite a bit newer even than the English language.

So that's really a very strange argument.

Manss

"Don't know and haven't heard yet"?? Really? Sorry, but we have heard those things time and time again and it still makes no difference. Stating your beliefs on a matter is one thing, getting preachy about it and stating your beliefs as some kind of fact is another. I have beliefs too, I have my own faith/spirituality, but I don't argue those beliefs as facts that others must recognize. If in a position to argue a point it is much better to use arguments that can actually be substantiated with scientific proof or the like. Things anyone else can see and look up and so on. We cannot prove beliefs, that is why they are called beliefs. We don't know, we may have what we believe is a good idea about something, but the fact is, we really don't know and are just doing the best we can with what we feel we know and understand. Best guess and all that. So it really makes no sense to argue as fact our spiritual beliefs. You want to do more than just state your belief in a subject? You want to possibly convince someone that your position on something is correct? Then you must do so without your spiritual beliefs, but with verifiable fact.

Honestly, you didn't just respond to the questions. All those questions could have been simply answered with a "yes" or a "no". You expounded your spiritual beliefs as reasoning. You said that you knew that others would respond negatively to your position, but what you fail to realize is that it was more your spiritual beliefs in detail being presented as fact than merely saying "I believe it is wrong/unnatural/sin". This is the problem that several have run into in these types of threads. While many people are presenting verifiable evidence to support a position the arguments against them boil down to faith related answers and scripture. If someone can't hang in the same realm of proof standards, it does get "guffawed".

Darka and Mestemia, as I know, I mostly intended to express my belief about homosexuality and answer the question without intend to invite someone to follow my opinion. I am needless to do this. If someone turns into my belief, it will not be a profitable thing for me and if he remains on his belief, I will not be responsible against God about what he has chosen. Everybody is dependent on the degree of his insight, logic , knowledge and real feeling.
Maybe two years ago, when I started to learn English via internet and participated in some religious forums, I was interested to invite people to my belief, but now I have lost my interest and don't talk about my belief much, and even am not interested anyone turn into my religion. I don't know why I have been changed but the fact is that, I have been changed. At present I appear in the forums and talk people less.
Of course as you hinted, may my comment had a smell of preaching, yes it had but not directly. I mostly was going to explain about homosexuality and its social, medicine, spiritual and paranormal dangers but sometimes it sounded like preaching. I am a human as you are too. When you see a human is going toward the edge of a deep valley with closed eyes, however, you try to say something to alert him. Of course as I knew somebodies hate preaching so I didn't explain much or directly but I talked about the negativity of this dangerous action, homosexuality. It was not preaching or inviting someone to follow my opinion, but it was the answers of the questions but with a inconspicuous color of advising.
Women will be clean for men, if they marry legally. They have what a man wishes. Women and men have been created for each other based on the purpose of creation. After this facility and possibility, coupling two men is a tragedy and horrible thing. Unlike women that are soft and fine, men are harsh, muscular and solid with a hairy body , and I wonder why homosexuals leave excellent women (legal marriage) and tend to having sex with a male bear!! it is a great fault in the universe that is done by human. Of course there are the other sexual sins that is done by son of Adam but this is the worst.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Homosexuality is not a belief, its simply expressing love for another human being, the so called heterosexuals haven't got the monopoly on love for another human being, and its about time we all realize that.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Women will be clean for men, if they marry legally. They have what a man wishes. Women have been created for men based on the purpose of creation.
I would sooner burn myself to death than lower myself by enduring the touch of any man (or woman) who thought such a thing.

It's utterly repulsive. I was not created to service you or anyone else. Neither was any other being.

Incomprehensible as this may be to you, women are actually human. We have souls and minds and dreams all our own, and anything that tells you that we exist merely for your desires is not God.

****ing DISGUSTING, the obscenities you and your ilk try to blame on God.

Manss

I would sooner burn myself to death than lower myself by enduring the touch of any man (or woman) who thought such a thing.

It's utterly repulsive. I was not created to service you or anyone else. Neither was any other being.

Incomprehensible as this may be to you, women are actually human. We have souls and minds and dreams all our own, and anything that tells you that we exist merely for your desires is not God.

****ing DISGUSTING, the obscenities you and your ilk try to blame on God.

What I wrote was purposeless, I changed the sentence before you would write this comment, because I guessed that maybe somebodies misuse my quote.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
What I wrote was purposeless, I changed the sentence before you would write this comment, because I guessed that maybe somebodies misuse my quote.
Doesn't matter. You wrote it, you posted it. The fact that you tried to erase it before anyone could respond only proves you know exactly how evil and repulsive it was, but lack the courage to be seen for what you are. I "misused" nothing.

Don't you dare speak to us about love. Don't you dare speak to us about right, or wrong. Don't you dare speak to me about God.

You know nothing of any of them.

Manss

Don't you dare speak to us about love. Don't you dare speak to us about right, or wrong. Don't you dare speak to me about God.

So after this restriction that you defined for a writer, what I can talk about ??

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
So after this restriction that you defined for a writer, what I can talk about ??
Probably best that you just don't.

Why? Do you not appreciate being told to hide what you are? How hypocritical.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt for a long time now, but I honestly and completely can't help but think of this quote every time I see the majority of Muslims' (including some "moderate" Muslims') opinions here regarding homosexuality, among other things:

Sam Harris said:
To speak specifically of our problem with the Muslim world, we are meandering into a genuine clash of civilizations, and we're deluding ourselves with euphemisms. We're talking about Islam being a religion of peace that's been hijacked by extremists. If ever there were a religion that's not a religion of peace, it is Islam.

To those who keep defending homophobia and discrimination: Do feel free to keep supporting blatantly hateful arguments. It paints a very vivid and clear picture of exactly what kind of beliefs you hold.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
To those who keep defending homophobia and discrimination: Do feel free to keep supporting blatantly hateful arguments. It paints a very vivid and clear picture of exactly what kind of beliefs you hold.

Well said. It saddens me that people who claim to be on a spiritual path perpetuate such spiteful and intolerant views.

Darka and Mestemia, as I know, I mostly intended to express my belief about homosexuality and answer the question without intend to invite someone to follow my opinion. I am needless to do this. If someone turns into my belief, it will not be a profitable thing for me and if he remains on his belief, I will not be responsible against God about what he has chosen. Everybody is dependent on the degree of his insight, logic , knowledge and real feeling.
Maybe two years ago, when I started to learn English via internet and participated in some religious forums, I was interested to invite people to my belief, but now I have lost my interest and don't talk about my belief much, and even am not interested anyone turn into my religion. I don't know why I have been changed but the fact is that, I have been changed. At present I appear in the forums and talk people less.
Of course as you hinted, may my comment had a smell of preaching, yes it had but not directly. I mostly was going to explain about homosexuality and its social, medicine, spiritual and paranormal dangers but sometimes it sounded like preaching. I am a human as you are too. When you see a human is going toward the edge of a deep valley with closed eyes, however, you try to say something to alert him. Of course as I knew somebodies hate preaching so I didn't explain much or directly but I talked about the negativity of this dangerous action, homosexuality. It was not preaching or inviting someone to follow my opinion, but it was the answers of the questions but with a inconspicuous color of advising.
Women will be clean for men, if they marry legally. They have what a man wishes. Women and men have been created for each other based on the purpose of creation. After this facility and possibility, coupling two men is a tragedy and horrible thing. Unlike women that are soft and fine, men are harsh, muscular and solid with a hairy body , and I wonder why homosexuals leave excellent women (legal marriage) and tend to having sex with a male bear!! it is a great fault in the universe that is done by human. Of course there are the other sexual sins that is done by son of Adam but this is the worst.

How absurb. You got the creation story all wrong. It is true that women were the property of men in the OT and that did not much change in the NT. Marry? Marriage, if you could call it that, was a legal contract establishing property. Don't relate a legal contract to some religious precept, especially to Christianity. Marriage was never a Jewish religious rite and Catholicism did not incorporate marriage as a sacrament before the Council of Trent. Marriage had to do with a man's property. That is why adultery was frowned upon. The concern was always property.

Go figure Christians.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I mostly was going to explain about homosexuality and its social, medicine, spiritual and paranormal dangers but sometimes it sounded like preaching.
What dangers? The only danger that I have ever seen is when you insist homosexuals practice heterosexuality. It tends to not be a very enjoyable thing for them.
I wonder why homosexuals leave excellent women (legal marriage) and tend to having sex with a male bear!!
A bear? Really? Homosexuality is completely and entirely different from bestiality.
They have what a man wishes.
A woman simply does not have what a gay man desires, rather quite obviously. And what of bisexuals, who are sexually attracted to men and women?
After this facility and possibility, coupling two men is a tragedy and horrible thing.
I find it to be just as beautiful as two women, or a man and woman, or any form of polygamy. As long as it is consensual and the participants love each other, it is a beautiful thing.
Women and men have been created for each other based on the purpose of creation.
I was created for no one.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Was Jesus homophobic? Was Jesus intolerant and vindictive?
Did he say: "Love thy neighbour as thyself, but only if they're straight."?
Did he say: "Blessed are the heterosexuals because they shall populate the earth."?

Manss

What dangers? The only danger that I have ever seen is when you insist homosexuals practice heterosexuality. It tends to not be a very enjoyable thing for them.

A bear? Really? Homosexuality is completely and entirely different from bestiality.

A woman simply does not have what a gay man desires, rather quite obviously. And what of bisexuals, who are sexually attracted to men and women?

I find it to be just as beautiful as two women, or a man and woman, or any form of polygamy. As long as it is consensual and the participants love each other, it is a beautiful thing.

Every joy is not good for human.

This is your choice. You can never marry. Marriage is an optional thing for every woman or man. Its dependent on her/his will and wish. If someone feels she is not interested to marry she can do the same, also about men. But it doesn't mean this kind of humans are free to have sex otherwise.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Every joy is not good for human.

This is your choice. You can never marry. Marriage is an optional thing for every woman or man. Its dependent on her/his will and wish. If someone feels she is not interested to marry she can do the same, also about men. But it doesn't mean this kind of humans are free to have sex otherwise.
Wow, you really are showing some kind of ignorance here. She most certainly can marry, a man or a woman, whomever she falls in love with if they choose to do so. Or are you completely unfamiliar with the fact that there are many countries, many areas in a country, where same sex marriage is entirely legal? Not to mention, one can get married through religious ceremonies as well if not going the legal route, but a spiritual commitment. And there are actually more religions which accept same sex marriage than there are those which condemn it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I am leaving this thread, but remember I impart you what was necessary that you know.

Don't worry; we have heard the same kind of hateful rhetoric numerous times before. It's not like we haven't encountered blatant homophobia here and elsewhere over the years.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well, I am leaving this thread, but remember I impart you what was necessary that you know.
No, you bloody well DIDN'T. You exposed your repulsive, unholy hubris like thousands have done before. You think you're the first? I've dismissed countless such fools.

You, otoh, should think verylong and hard on what I've imparted to you, so that maybe in a few years, you might be worthy of a woman's love. You won't though, will you?