• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with sharia law?

Kirran

Premium Member
You've got a lot of nerve to sit there and tell us we're rejecting facts because we're arrogant while you sit there and disregard the most credible body of professionals in the medical world simply because they don't agree with your indoctrinated & uninformed bigotry. If you're this resistant to facts and alternative points of view; and you're just going to simply repeat your baseless claims over & over again, why are you even in this debate thread?

Do you think he genuinely doesn't see he's doing it?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Just because Islamists have been brainwashed, they think they can brainwash everyone else.

Those of us that have bothered to do a little research into Islam can see through it.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
So @Godobeyer, you reject the World Health Organisation as a valid source of authority on medical matters?

And why do you think that you can separate what people want from how they're treated?
I look to source they said it's "not disease" ,where they said "can't change homosexual to straight.", did they ?

If they said so.
WHO don't have the right to say that homosexual people can't turn straight. that's denial thousands of evidence.

Kirran

Premium Member
I look to source they said it's "not disease" ,where they said "can't change homosexual to straight.", did they ?

If they said so.
WHO don't have the right to say that homosexual people can't turn straight. that's denial thousands of evidence.

So yes, you're saying. You think you know better than the WHO.

The WHO has removed homosexuality from its list of disorders a while ago.

One of the most prominent studies saying that it was possible for homosexuals to change their sexual orientation was that by Spitzer (2001). He came out a few years later and said he was wrong and that he had misrepresented the evidence.

The WHO has also come out against therapies which purport to change sexual orientation, saying they are harmful.

It'd take a lot of evidence to overturn the consensus on this.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You are welcome.

I don't think it's about propaganda !
You have little chance to convince me over what I have seen in person.

You might as well attempt to convince me that I am not balding.

I do believe that you just reject thousand of evidences and sources and stories about gays and lesbiens turn straight, for nothing.
There is hardly anything worth the trouble of rejection, truth be told. I see some passionate claims from the most suspect of sources, most of which eventually turn out to be all-out fraudulent, criminal and abusive.

Even then... I don't think they even add up to dozens, let alone thousands.

I don't talk about how they treated,I am talk about what they wish/want
So do I. You are very mistaken. I have no doubt.

You can't dishonest majority of humanity opinion.

I am not sure what you meant to say here, but I can and I do say that most of humanity can be and has been tragically mistaken in the past.

Among other subjects, regarding slavery and homosexuality. Although I don't think the homosexual taboo has ever been nearly as prevalent as some Christians and Muslims assume it to be.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Islam and democracy are like water and oil. They do not mix.

While we can mock the “greatest, most influential human being that ever walked the face of this earth”, we have a chance of freedom. The United Nations are trying to remove that human right.

Kirran

Premium Member

While we can mock the “greatest, most influential human being that ever walked the face of this earth”, we have a chance of freedom. The United Nations are trying to remove that human right.

So what about Muslims who support democracy? What about democratic countries where Muslims are in the majority?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Islamic democracy - Wikipedia
Let me remind you that Benazir Bhutto, a female Muslim prime minister of Pakistan heading a Muslim nation twice, was also the leader of the Movement for the Restoration of Democracy - Wikipedia
Her beliefs were so well recieved she was elected in 1988 in the People's Party.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So what about Muslims who support democracy? What about democratic countries where Muslims are in the majority?
That is a very good question indeed.

In all honesty, I am not sure there are any. But that is to a considerable extent an arbitrary call to make. Some people seem to believe that there are no Islamic countries, period. Myself, I think democratic countries are fairly rare, and not one among them has a Muslim majority nor is likely to ever have one.

Kirran

Premium Member
That is a very good question indeed.

In all honesty, I am not sure there are any. But that is to a considerable extent an arbitrary call to make. Some people seem to believe that there are no Islamic countries, period. Myself, I think democratic countries are fairly rare, and not one among them has a Muslim majority nor is likely to ever have one.

Well, I personally think that the very large numbers of Muslims, very conservatively in the hundreds of millions, who support democracy, rather put the lie to such an assertion, although I would not have a leg to stand on if your arbitrary line for separating democracies from non-democracies (which would be no more arbitrary than mine) excluded Tunisia, Albania, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia and Bangladesh.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well, I personally think that the very large numbers of Muslims, very conservatively in the hundreds of millions, who support democracy, rather put the lie to such an assertion, although I would not have a leg to stand on if your arbitrary line for separating democracies from non-democracies (which would be no more arbitrary than mine) excluded Tunisia, Albania, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia and Bangladesh.
Many Muslims, sure.

Countries, and particularly countries with a Muslim majority, though? I am starting to doubt that is even possible, except perhaps by unstable and rare happy circunstances.

Democracy as I understand it is a very fragile construct. And it is indeed difficult to reconcile with Islamic majorities - or for that matter Christian ones.

There are many countries with a vague awareness and appreciation of freedom that attempt to pursue democracy as they understand it. That is very much a good thing, but it does not reach all that far IMO. True, stable democracy can only exist with a degree of social awareness that is very rare and all but entirely incompatible with Islaam as I have now learned it to be.

Kirran

Premium Member
Many Muslims, sure.

Countries, and particularly countries with a Muslim majority, though? I am starting to doubt that is even possible, except perhaps by unstable and rare happy circunstances.

Democracy as I understand it is a very fragile construct. And it is indeed difficult to reconcile with Islamic majorities - or for that matter Christian ones.

Nevertheless, it's worked with both! I don't think it's that difficult tor reconcile. There've been Islamic and Christian anarchist groups, which to my mind is much more democratic than liberal democracy.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Nevertheless, it's worked with both! I don't think it's that difficult tor reconcile. There've been Islamic and Christian anarchist groups, which to my mind is much more democratic than liberal democracy.
It is clear that we are talking about two very different understandings of what a democratic nation would be.