• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the only thing that God did not create?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Well god apparently didn't create our imagination. Of course IMO it's because of imagination that god exists.

Mike214

God didn't create a realm full of contradictions.....unless philosophers figured that out
You are who you are thank to the contradictions that you found in your life. Could you imagine what you would be today if you haven't used your brain? Changes are only generated by needs, as contradictions demand solutions.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
You are who you are thank to the contradictions that you found in your life. Could you imagine what you would be today if you haven't used your brain? Changes are only generated by needs, as contradictions demand solutions.

Can you clarify more please?

Mike214

Can you clarify more please?

Contradiction is synonymous of conflict, and when there is no conflict, there is no necessity to find solutions. Contradictions bring opposite sites into conflict, and from the encounter better conditions and new opponents emerge. The replacement of old things by new ones is the propelling force behind the process of human evolution, and this will only cease when we arrive at heaven. That is why I said that you are who you are today thanks to the existence of contradictions, especially the ones you found. For instance, you asked me for clarification, but internally you were feeling a contradictory approach to my way of thinking. Probably now, you might learn from my answer and somehow, in a diminutive scale, intellectually grow.

Mike214

God's going to make me masturbate and kill a hooker? Get outta my head, BigG!

The only thing that we can control is our attitude. If you do that tomorrow, believe that it will be because God wants you to do it. Definitively, your lack of faith reaffirms me that it has to exist people like you, otherwise I would not have any reason to glorify God for making me different. Unconditionally, always someone has to do the unpleasant work, and in this case, you are perfectly suited for it.

Church of the Manifold Wisdom. w..zondervansfall.com

nonbeliever_92

The only thing that we can control is our attitude. If you do that tomorrow, believe that it will be because God wants you to do it. Definitively, your lack of faith reaffirms me that it has to exist people like you, otherwise I would not have any reason to glorify God for making me different. Unconditionally, always someone has to do the unpleasant work, and in this case, you are perfectly suited for it.

Church of the Manifold Wisdom. w..zondervansfall.com

Wiat, god wants me to kill a hooker? A loving god indeed.

Mike214

Wiat, god wants me to kill a hooker? A loving god indeed.
Probably, you don't understand it, but remember that it is not only about you, nor about that woman. An act of what we erroneously catalog as sin, may benefit a greater number. We always look at the damage, but we forget to consider the didactic aspect, the true intention from God. The disrespect that you might project against that woman could help others to redirect their ways. Always a person's sacrifice suffices a greater need.

Church of the Manifold Wisdom

Thief

Rogue Theologian
55 million people died last year. Was every. single. one of them serving a greater need? For that matter, was that the most efficient way it could be done?

And 6billion will die within my life time.

Why choose out of mediocrity....
When the very best is at hand to choose from?

Most fail.

Mike214

55 million people died last year. Was every. single. one of them serving a greater need? For that matter, was that the most efficient way it could be done?
And since human population is increasing, obviously a greater number was born.
Could you image a world where people would live, let's not say forever, but at least longer lives?
Read this from The Last Prophecy: The Antichrist and the Dramatic Fall of a Publishing Empire. I use this book a lot because it is like the constitution for my church. The Manifold Wisdom Church
In another part of the discussion, this atheist asked why, if God exists and really loves His people, He does not give them more time to live or provide a prosperous life for everyone. As our personal answer, if God did these things, we would not be alive in this precise moment or maybe ever. Living longer lives would mean more people living in the same space, more alternatives for personal and emotional/marital relationships, since you will have more people to meet and, among other things, a delay in the procreation of new generations because of the time available to do it — people would have children at more advanced ages, probably pursuing financial security, a career, or just desiring to enjoy life without the responsibilities inherent to establishing a new family. Under these circumstances, maybe our ancestors would have never met, and our birthdays would never have happened. The other part of the question could be easily answered: considering that men are innately ambitious, the most prosperous life will never satisfy their dreams. Moreover, the competitive factor is inborn in them and creates differences among their levels of prosperity. In other words, there will never be a prosperous life for everyone.