• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the mission of your faith?

Baladas

An Págánach
Personally, I try to live a happy and healthy life in harmony with other humans and animals, as well as the environment.
And also to always be true to myself.
Really, that's my personal philosophy.

Daoism is highly decentralized, as is Paganism. No one dictates to me what to think or believe.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Why form a community if you have nothing in common? Thats beyond.... i dont even know what to say.

Communities do not have to be based on a shared mission.

With respect to Unitarian Universalism, people join those fellowships because they are looking for open-minded folks to network with as they walk their own religious/spiritual paths. Within any given fellowship, there are then people who embrace a wide array of goals (or "missions" as you put it). One UUer might be on a sustainability committee to help the congregation be more environmentally responsible. Another might facilitate food pantries and cook meals for the poor on Tuesdays. Another still might run adult RE classes to help fellow UUers develop their own theology. Then there are special interest groups... meditation groups are common, as are groups that like to study some particular religious tradition. There is just not any shared goal that everyone is required to participate in.

eiskalt

Communities do not have to be based on a shared mission.
Well that is wrong from the start. As community implies of having the mission or goal of having fellowship, otherwise a community could not be formed. Community implies that you share something in common. Whatever it might be.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Im sure every religion (or however you call your spirituality) mission(s) is to share by action and voice the compassion, wisdom, and other positive traits with others. By means of knowing oneself, ones foundation, and others the mission may be to live with others as well as for self.

It does not need to be conversion.
No picketing the streets and raised no same-sex marriage signs along the main road (where I live)
Doesnt need to be political
Nor dogmatic

What is your mission or goal of your faith? If no goal or mission, why show compassion if one does not care for another persons well being?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Islam .. to guide mankind onto a path of righteousness

I believe that is not the case. I believe Islam just leads those who were unbelievers onto a path of righteousness. The Qu'ran makes it clear that the people of the book already had clear signs.

Make all human and jinn race believe with Tawhid or Absolute Monotheism and they reject shirk

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him. (Qur'an, sura 112 (Al-Ikhlas), ayat 1-4)

The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- said that Allah will save a man of his community the record of whose sins fills 99 books, each book extending as far as the eye can see. Against all this will be weighed the one good deed that he has, which is his witnessing that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger, and it will outweigh all the rest. The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- then said: "Nothing is of any weight with Allah's Name." (Sahih hadith)

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is a very interesting concept i havent thought about. Are you saying that an individual christian has different tasks to fullfil as he has in the christian community i.e. church?

I believe churches have a tendency to develop an agenda of their own and it isn't always consistent with what Jesus wants.

I believe an individual should serve Jesus first and church second.

Baladas

An Págánach
Who would be your favourite god, if you have one or several?
I don't really have a favorite...I rarely can pick favorites of anything, much less anyone. haha

The ones I have worked with most in recent months:
Dagda, a Celtic god of the earth, abundance, knowledge and magic. Eriu (Eire) a goddess and Ireland personified. I also have a special place in my heart for
Shouxing, a Chinese god of happiness and longevity.

Why do you ask?

eiskalt

I don't really have a favorite...I rarely can pick favorites of anything, much less anyone. haha

Dagda, a Celtic god of the earth, abundance, knowledge and magic. Eriu (Eire) a goddess and Ireland personified. I also have a special place in my heart for

Why do you ask?
Just liked to know what kind of pagan you are.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Why do you ask?

Have the Irish abandoned Danu the river goddes of the Danube River?

in islam God only want human and jinn (demon) race accept Tawhid/God Is One and reject Shirk

all prophet from adam,jesus,noah,moses to muhammad all of them say God is One..

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" deuteronomy 6:4

the key to enter eternal paradise is Tawhid

and the key for enter eternal hellfire is Shirk...

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well that is wrong from the start. As community implies of having the mission or goal of having fellowship, otherwise a community could not be formed. Community implies that you share something in common. Whatever it might be.

I'm getting a little lost here... could you explain what you meant originally by "mission?" I'm wondering if you and I are interpreting that word differently. I suspect the same is true of the word "community." It seems to me there are many ways of having something in common, and that way does not have to be a "mission." With respect to, say, ecology, we call something a community when two or more different species occupy the same geographic region at the same time. The different species don't need some shared "mission" to be part of that ecological community. Same is true of human communities, really - the university I work for is a community, and the people who are part of that community do not have a unified mission. The goals of the students are not the same as the goals of the faculty and staff; goals of students in relation to each other are not the same either. They're still part of the community by being at this institution at this particular time.

eiskalt

in islam God only want human and jinn race accept Tawhid/God Is One and reject Shirk (atheist/polytheist/trinity/etc)

all prophet from adam,jesus,noah,moses to muhammad all of the say God is One..

the key to enter eternal paradise is Tawhid

and the key for enter eternal hellfire is Shirk...
how do you convert jinn?

Baladas

An Págánach
I'm a vegan.
Well done with that. I'm still not there yet. I am a vegetarian though.
Have the Irish abandoned Danu the river goddes of the Danube River?
Not entirely, I am sure.
I am of primarily Irish decent and I have a strong affinity for my this culture of my ancestors.
I haven't really done anything with Danu though. I am not sure whether or not I will, as I do not live anywhere near that river.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I am a follower of the "Way" -- make the world a better place, because life will have to deal with whatever happens after you're gone.

Jesus said that the eye cannot say to the hand "I don't need you." We can be diverse and still be aiming for a better existence.

in islam all sinner human and jinn race who accept tawhid/absolute monotheism in the end will leaving hell and enter paradise.

The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- said: "Whoever says there is no god but Allah enters Paradise even if he commits adultery and even if he steals (i.e. even if he commits great sins). {Sahih Hadith}

The Companions were talking about Malik ibn Dukhshum, and they wished that the Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- would curse him so that he should die or meet some calamity. The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- said: "Does Malik ibn Dukhshum not testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah?" They said: "Yes, he no doubt says this but it is not in his heart." The Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- replied: "No-one ever witnesses that there is no god but Allah and that I am Allah's Messenger and then enters the Fire nor is consumed by it." Anas said: "This hadith impressed me so much that I ordered my son to write it down and he did. (Sahih Hadith)

only people who heard,understand and reject Tawhid will stay forever in hellfire

Prophet say "On the Day of Resurrection, God will ask the one whose punishment in the Fire is lightest, ‘If you had whatsoever you wanted on earth, would you give it to save yourself?’ He will say, ‘Yes.’ God will say, ‘I wanted less than that from you when you were still in the loins of Adam, I asked you not to associate anything in worship with Me, but you insisted on associating others in worship with Me.’" (Sahih hadith)

As long as someone accept absolute monotheism and reject shirk, they will safe in afterlife

Insha Allah......If God Willing

Believe and accept in your heart God Is One, that is ultimate mission from islam faith

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Who do you trust?
Trust starts inside of our soul; so trust that to begin...Then lots of things; it all depends on experience.

Have trust in God, as generally get what we needed, as we need; yet not in religion, as there are lots of faults within it. :innocent: