• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is the Largest Creature You Have Ever Seen in Person?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the largest creature you have ever seen in person, whether in terms of size or mass?

The largest I have ever seen was an African elephant in the local zoo many years ago. I have since boycotted said zoo due to its mistreatment of animals, so I don't know whether it still has the same species of elephants now.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My dog, who weighed in at 158lbs yesterday...

Nah. It was also an African elephant in a zoo. :)

Daemon Sophic

What is the largest creature you have ever seen in person, whether in terms of size or mass?

The largest I have ever seen was an African elephant in the local zoo many years ago. I have since boycotted said zoo due to its mistreatment of animals, so I don't know whether it still has the same species of elephants now.
Probably humpback whales while riding on the Alaska ferry.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
A cockroach waking me up in the middle of the night on my pillow,.

In my over exaggeration. :innocent:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Probably an orca at Marineland as a kid.

(Also somewhere I boycott because of their treatment of animals)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably humpback whales while riding on the Alaska ferry.

Humpback or Southern Right Whale. I'm not sure which is the biggest of the 2 species.

ETA: Google isn't very clear about it but it seems Southern Right is a bit bigger.

humpback whales for me as well.

Another vote for humpback whales!

Me too. What a sight! I was standing at the beach during humpback whale migration season wondering if I'd see anything that day, when all of a sudden . . .

shutterstock_261048392.jpg

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

I guess, for me, it would be an elephant too… but at a circus.