• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is the Largest Creature You Have Ever Seen in Person?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I hope they keep it chained up! ;)

In a glass cage. But it's tame anyway, 150 million years has mellowed it desire to eat live food.

We popped in to say hello a few weeks ago, he seems comfortable and well settled in.

PureX

Veteran Member
In a glass cage. But it's tame anyway, 150 million years has mellowed it desire to eat live food.

We popped in to say hello a few weeks ago, he seems comfortable and well settled in.
I marveled every day at that skull. Imagining the creature alive. Twenty two feet tall is about two and a half stories tall in relation to the average house. And a fast, smart, carnivore. It's just a staggering idea to contemplate.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I marveled every day at that skull. Imagining the creature alive. Twenty two feet tall is about two and a half stories tall in relation to the average house. And a fast, smart, carnivore. It's just a staggering idea to contemplate.

When i was a youngster (about 5) my parents took me to London, visited the natural history museum so i must have seen one then but remember nothing of the trip.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What is the largest creature you have ever seen in person, whether in terms of size or mass?
Giraffes look really big up close.

My wife and I took a short ride on an elephant in Chiang Mai. We got the pictures to prove it, pictures which we proudly forwarded to our many grandkids. It was only afterwards that we noticed that the elephant was sporting a rather large erection. Fortunately that grandchildren were young.

Less massive but still impressive: a son once had a mastiff, and an ex sister-in-law currently owns a Maine Coon Cat.

Erebus

What kind of spider is that?

Either a cardinal spider or a giant house spider (yes, that's their actual name). The two look similar enough that I couldn't tell them apart without a side by side comparison. Even a google image search for one will bring up pictures of the other as well.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the largest creature you have ever seen in person, whether in terms of size or mass?

The largest I have ever seen was an African elephant in the local zoo many years ago. I have since boycotted said zoo due to its mistreatment of animals, so I don't know whether it still has the same species of elephants now.
Humpback whale in the ocean.

Shaul

Premium Member
A friend living in Europe was driving on a forest road at night and hit a moose at 90 km/h. He was fine, but the moose died and the car was totaled. When the police arrived, they told him he was lucky to be alive.
I did not know a moose could run 90 km/hr.