• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why aren't men required to wear hijabs then?
Agree speaking with @firedragon i realized the headscarf we call hijab could be avoided if all muslims was able to control them self, it can be noticed that when muslim men come to the western countries some of them do very bad things to non muslim woman, because they are tempted by western females yes very little clothing.

So the hijab men should wear is mental strenght to be with Allah, and not with lust of flesh.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Only the couple I have spoken to.
Are you denying that there is any pressure to do so?
In some countries even non-Muslims are required to wear them.
Hijab by country - Wikipedia).

My question was not about denying. See mate, when you say something about a "majority of women" and I ask for the data that backs up your claim, its not "denying" anything. Thats a false dilemma.

Anyway, now you have changed your statement to "some countries". So that's an improvement.

Cheers.

darkskies

They are free to follow or reject what the Quran says.
In many (most?) cases, I don't think so. It is culturally and socially seen as stigmatic to reject what the Quran says. I personally only know people from muslim countries and from India, so I cannot say anything about muslims in freeer nations.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a muslim i often hear non muslims complaining about muslim woman wearing hijab.

But why is it no problem when a western female cover her head with a scarf?

Why the big harasment of islam when if we look at history mostly all females was cocering up their hair. Especially within religious practice.

Sometimes non muslims even know why islam still practice use of hijab for female? Did you know that hijab means to be modest both for male and females?

Personally I see it was motivated more by a man's need to domination over a woman and a lack of self control.

It was modesty carried to the extreme.

Then there is the other extreme of an unbridled liberty in the western world of very few cloths.

I see a balance is required. Also men and women have to learn to control their desires.

So to me it is not about Faith, as all God has asked of us is Modesty.

Regards Tony

Earthtank

Don't you consider it a bit misogynistic for a male to require a female to wear something to avoid having to exercise self-control?

Not if you fully understand the entire context. In short, Hijab means to dress modestly, the literally meaning of Hijab means barrier or fence, as in a barrier or fence of modesty between a Muslim woman and random men. Ill try to summarize as much as I possibly can. The Hijab was/is meant for 2 different things
1) Identity in the way they dress. I think this one does not require me to expand on.

2) Protection for woman. Ill use this simple example, 2 girls walking in a mall or park, a Muslim girl and non Muslim girl. The Muslim girl is dressed in accordance with the "Hijab" aka dress of modesty, so she's wearing the head scarf, long sleeve loosely fit shirt and a skirt down to the ankles or some loosely fit jeans that do NOT show off her every curve. The non Muslim girl is wearing crop top short sleeve shirt and booty shorts.

Who do you think is a) most likely to get hit on? b) get more attention? c) put herself at risk of pervs and psychos? d) get raped? I know its a bit extreme but you get my point.

Now please don't answer by saying " oh well its not her fault some men are sick". That is not the point, when you go to war you wear the appropriate protective gear. When you sparring, you wear and mouthpiece and head gear. When you go out on the cold you were clothes that will keep you warm. When you are a Muslim girl that does not want the attention of men you wear the hijab aka modest clothing. Now does this mean that 0% of Muslim get hit on? of course not but i can confidently say, with 100% certainty that between the 2 girls in my example, the one on the booty shorts is putting herself in harms way.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Agree speaking with @firedragon i realized the headscarf we call hijab could be avoided if all muslims was able to control them self, it can be noticed that when muslim men come to the western countries some of them do very bad things to non muslim woman, because they are tempted by western females yes very little clothing.

So the hijab men should wear is mental strenght to be with Allah, and not with lust of flesh.
Why is 'lust' a problem for Muslim men?

Earthtank

In many (most?) cases, I don't think so. It is culturally and socially seen as stigmatic to reject what the Quran says. I personally only know people from muslim countries and from India, so I cannot say anything about muslims in freeer nations.

I agree with you and you have a valid point however, you are conflating culture and society with religion, which is what many people often do.

Earthtank

Why is 'lust' a problem for Muslim men?

Actually its a MUCH bigger problem for non Muslim men. Look up the rape stats in EU and the US. Also, lust is a "problem" for all men regardless of race or religion. So other than you, who said this was an exclusively Muslim problem?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Actually its a MUCH bigger problem for non Muslim men. Look up the rape stats in EU and the US. Also, lust is a "problem" for all men regardless of race or religion. So other than you, who said this was an exclusively Muslim problem?
I didn't say it was just a Muslim problem; you brought it up by justifying Hijab wearing to cut down Muslim men's lust.

Earthtank

Seems to me that the first act of violence is done by Muslims imposing on others what they should and/or should not do.

Huh? What are you even talking about? Also, isn't it the US along with its foreign policy as well the the liberal left always imposing on others what they should and/or should not do? I honestly have no idea how you came your with your comment.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Seems to me that the first act of violence is done by Muslims imposing on others what they should and/or should not do.

What exactly are you speaking about? What do you mean the first act of violence? You mean in history? What do you mean imposing upon others? You mean Muslims were the first to impose upon others? Really?

Can you be specific in your statements and back it up with something please? Then, and only then it would a good discourse.