• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is sin?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Is it your God's will that we all humans or life forms for that matter will exist forever?
I wouldn't know, but find it highly unlikely that humanity springs eternal. Life in general is another matter. I believe that it's vital to the Becoming, the maturation of God. Once that's done, though, all bets are off and even I won't speculate. Not much, anyway. ;)

Just_me_Mike

I wouldn't know, but find it highly unlikely that humanity springs eternal. Life in general is another matter. I believe that it's vital to the Becoming, the maturation of God. Once that's done, though, all bets are off and even I won't speculate. Not much, anyway. ;)
I have read your tag before, but remind me again, what was before your God started becoming?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I have read your tag before, but remind me again, what was before your God started becoming?
I believe we were Created by another, mature Godiverse. What reality is like on such beings' level, I have no idea.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
And Why choose this theology over others, if you don't mind me asking?
It wasn't so much a decision as a process. I'm just trying to figure things out, and I go with what makes the most sense. Not to flatter myself, but I'm not aware of any internal problems in my own theology, as there are so many in others. When one is pointed out to me, I find a resolution, whether that means modifying certain ideas or ditching them completely. 18 years I've been doing that, and my current bizarrity is the result.

Just_me_Mike

It wasn't so much a decision as a process. I'm just trying to figure things out, and I go with what makes the most sense. Not to flatter myself, but I'm not aware of any internal problems in my own theology, as there are so many in others. When one is pointed out to me, I find a resolution, whether that means modifying certain ideas or ditching them completely. 18 years I've been doing that, and my current bizarrity is the result.
So in this process, how much do you think is influenced by other theologies, be it Abrahamic, Buddhist, or whatever...

xkatz

Sin is anything not in harmony with, hence contrary to, God’s personality, standards, ways, and will; anything marring one’s relationship with God. It may be in word (Job 2:10; Ps 39:1), in deed (doing wrong acts [Lev 20:20; 2Co 12:21] or failing to do what should be done [Num 9:13; Jas 4:17]), or in mind or heart attitude (Prov 21:4). Lack of faith in God is a major sin, showing, as it does, distrust of him or lack of confidence in his ability to perform. (Heb 3:12, 13, 18, 19)

The common Hebrew term translated “sin” is chat·ta’th´; in Greek the usual word is ha·mar·ti´a. In both languages the verb forms (Hebrew, cha·ta’´; Greek, ha·mar·ta´no) mean “miss,” in the sense of missing or not reaching a goal, way, mark, or right point. At Judges 20:16 cha·ta’´ is used, with a negative, to describe the Benjamites who were ‘slingers of stones to a hairbreadth and would not miss.’ Greek writers often used ha·mar·ta´no with regard to a spearman missing his target.

Both of these words were used to mean missing or failing to reach not merely physical objects or goals (Job 5:24) but also moral or intellectual goals or marks. Proverbs 8:35, 36 says the one finding godly wisdom finds life, but the ‘one missing [from Hebrew, cha·ta’´] wisdom is doing violence to his soul,’ leading to death. In the Scriptures both the Hebrew and Greek terms refer mainly to sinning on the part of God’s intelligent creatures, their missing the mark with regard to their Creator.

So sinning not only means to do something wrong, but not to acknowledge God or just ignore Him all together?

So sinning not only means to do something wrong, but not to acknowledge God or just ignore Him all together?

Yes, for Psalms 10:3, 4 says: "For the wicked has praised himself over the selfish longing of his soul....He has disrespected Jehovah. The wicked one according to his superciliousness makes no search; All his ideas are: “There is no God.” Disrespecting God is a sin, just as those who make no search for God, saying within himself that God does not exist.

Job, who lived after the death of Joseph in 1767 B.C.E. and before the birth of Moses in 1593 B.C.E., told his three so-called friends, that the wicked express the thought: "What does the Almighty amount to, that we should serve him, and how do we benefit ourselves in that we have come in touch with him ?’ "(Job 21:15) The wicked mentioned by Job, or those alienated from God, have "missed" the mark of perfect obedience by disregarding the Creator, by simply ignoring him, saying that he "amounts" to nothing, despite the overwhelming evidence of a Master Designer of the universe and all life in it.(Rom 1:20)

Jesus set the perfect example of obedience. He said that to be "perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect", we must imitate his heavenly Father in love.(Matt 5:44-48) Jesus further said that: "He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him."(John 3:36) Only those who "exercise faith" in Jesus can expect to be free of the effects of sin that is intrinsically part of all of us. Otherwise, God's "wrath" will be exerted against them, with these being removed from the earth permanently.(Prov 2:21, 22)

For those who exercise faith, God is willing to forgive their sins, though still "missing" the mark of perfect obedience now, for Micah said: "Who is a God like you, one pardoning error and passing over transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? He will certainly not hold onto his anger forever, for he is delighting in loving-kindness. He will again show us mercy; he will subject our errors. And you will throw into the depths of the sea all their sins."(Micah 7:18, 19)

Thus, for most of those who strive to be obedient to God unreservedly, will have the privilege during the Millennium reign of Jesus Christ, to have their intrinsic sin removed, with these having their names written in the "book of life" and live on the earth forever.(Ps 37:29; Rev 20:6, 15)

Last edited:

Shamuwn

According To Westminster Dictionary Of The Bible Sin Is ;
'' Any want or conformity unto , Or transgression of any law of the creator , Given as a rule to the reasonable creature ... A Sin of omission is the neglect to do what the law of the creator commands ; A Sin of commission is the doing of anything which it forbids ,

In The American Heritage Dictionary , Sin is defined as ;
Sin ( sin ) N . 1 . A transgression of a religious or moral law . Especially when Deliberate. 2 . Theology . A . Deliberate disobedience to the known will of God . B. A condition of estrangement from God resulting from such disobedience . 3 . Something regarded as being shameful , Deplorable , Or utterly wrong . See synonyms at Offense , --- Sin intr .V. Sinned . Sin -Ning , Sins . 1. To violate a religious or moral law . 2 . To commit an offense or a violation [ Middle English Sinne , From Old English Synn. See Es - Below . ]

And In The Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary The Definition As Sin Is As Follows ;
'' Sin , N . Transgression . Me . Sinne . From oe . Synn. Syn , Wrong -Doing . Injury , Hostility ; Sin , Rel . To os sundia , Mdu sonde 9 du . Zoonde . Ohg , Sunt ( E) A ( Mhg . G Sunde ) These word seem to be early loon from french and latin . Sons . Gen sontis '' Guilty , Criminal ' .

The word '' Sin '' Is not an english word . It is not in the english grammar . This word was grafted into the english language from middle english Sinne . From old english Synn Meaning '' Wrong - Doing '' . These words were borrowed from the french and latin words Sons , Sontis , ''Meaning '' Guilty , Criminal . '' The first time the word '' Sin '' Is mentioned in The Bible is in Genesis 4 ; 5 - 7 When Cain and Abel sons of Kadmon ( Adam ) And Nekaybaw ( Eve ) were making an offering for the initiation into The Order Of Zodoq ( Genesis 4 ; 7 ) .

Genesis 4 ; 7 ( Modern Hebrew Script )
Eem ( If ) You Yaw - Tab' ( Be Pleasing , Be Well ) , By Seh - Ayth' ( Lifting Up Of Your Face ) ? And Eem ( If ) Lo ( You Don't ) Yaw -Tab' ( Be Pleasing , Be Well ) Khat -Taw - Aw ( Sinfulness ) Raw-Bats ( Crouching Down , Laying In Waite ) At The Feh'-Thakh ( Opening ) And You Shall Be What He Tesh - Oo -Kaw ' ( Desire ) , And You Will Maw'Shal ( Rule It ) .

If You Would Have Done The Right Thing , And The Best Thing , Then You Wouldn't Have A Frown On Your Face ? For Even If You Still Do The Right Thing You Will Be Approved And Accepted Into The Holy Order , But If You Do That Which Is Wrong , Then Nana The Evil One Sends Hamarteeah Son Of Apolia To To Wait Like A Snake To Bite You As You Pass From Door To Door In The Order Of Sin, And You Will Become Disagreeable Itself By , Nature , Not Beeding It To Guide You Wrong . < Right Translation In Aramic ( Hebrew ) By ; Dr. Malachi Z . York >

Mistranslation For King James 1611 A.D,
If Thou Doest Well , Shaly Thou Not Be Accepted ? And If Thou Doest Not Well , Sin Lieth At The Door And Unto Thee [ Shall Be ] His Desire , And Thou Shalt Rule Over Him .

This all started out when Anu , The Most High was on his way to earth to see how things were going . The Anunnaqi Eloheem wanted to present Anu with the creation of The New Beings . The Anunnaqi also the feast , The Anunnaqi showed Anu , The Most High and his wife Antum what they had created , The primitive worker '' Lulu Amelu . They then asked The Most High could The '' Lulu Amelu make a sacrifice unto him for the sabbath to see who had The Disagreeable Nature of Enqi , Son of Anu and Iyd and who had TheAgreeable Nature of Enlil Son Of Anu And Antum . When Abel made his presentation To Anu , The Most High And Amtum ( Antu ) , He offered attributes from the ground . Fresh Vegetables , Fruits , Sweet Scents From The Musk Deer , The Firsting Of His Flock And The Best That He Had To Offer With Respect And Sincerity ( Genesis 4 ; 4 ) Because Abel Made A Respectable And Sincere Offering .

He Was Accepted Into The Order Of Zodoq , ( Refer To The Holy Tablets Chapter 9 , Qabiyl And Habiyl , Tablet 16 By M.Z.York ) However , Cain Offered A Rotten Ear Of Wheat Stalk And It Was Not The Best That He Had To Offer ( Genesis 4 ; 5 ) , Cain Was More Interested In The Material Things Of The Planet Earth . Thus , His Offering Was Not Respected , Cain Went Off And Started Sulking And Complaining . He Was Given The Choice To Repent . But By Then It Was Too Late . The Most High Approved Offering That Were Sincere Such As The One Abel Made Rather Than Offering That Are Insincere Such As The Offering Cain Made .

Yahuwa said in ( Genesis 4 ; 7 ) And I quote ; '' If Thou Doest Well , Shalt Thou Not Be Accept ? And If Thou Doest Not Well , SIN Lieth At The Door ... Who Is Sin ? Sin Is The Female Nanna , The evil one who is called of Sin . Sin was waiting for him at The Door Like A Snake , Reptilian. Cain had a choice to go into two doors , The Door Of The Anunnaqi Or The Door Of Sin. The Aramic ( Hebrew ) word used for '' Sin '' in this quote is Chatta'ah , And means '' Sin , Sinful '' And if you look in The Greek Language you see the word Ham - Ar - Tee'ah And is defined as '' Sin , Sinful , Offense , '' This Hamartee'ah Is The Son Of Sin , Nanna And Apolia . She sends him to wait like a snake to bite you as you pass from door to door into The Order Of Sin .

The Anunnaqi Eloheem told Cain that he had a choice , Because he had '' Will '' Self -Determination and Decisions . They Were Asked About Being Initiated Into The Order Of Righteousness . The Path Of A Shaadiyd Or A Shad '' Demon '' And Cain Was Rejected , Not Accepted And His Presentation Was Rejected And Thus He Chose To Pass Through The Door Of Sin Making Him Disagreeable By Nature. Now His Ultimate Initiation Was Killing Abel So That Cain Could Be A Sinner , The Evil One '' Lays In Wait At The Door '' For Man's Soul In Hopes That He Can Seduce Him To Commit Sin . Cain's Encounter With The Evil One ( Devil ) Is A Sign And A Warning For Man That The Evil One ( Devil ) And His Host ( Jinn ) Will Do Everything In Their Power To Sway You From The Right Path .

Source M.Z.York

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
According To Westminster Dictionary Of The Bible Sin Is ;
'' Any want or conformity unto , Or transgression of any law of the creator , Given as a rule to the reasonable creature ... A Sin of omission is the neglect to do what the law of the creator commands ; A Sin of commission is the doing of anything which it forbids ,

In The American Heritage Dictionary , Sin is defined as ;
Sin ( sin ) N . 1 . A transgression of a religious or moral law . Especially when Deliberate. 2 . Theology . A . Deliberate disobedience to the known will of God . B. A condition of estrangement from God resulting from such disobedience . 3 . Something regarded as being shameful , Deplorable , Or utterly wrong . See synonyms at Offense , --- Sin intr .V. Sinned . Sin -Ning , Sins . 1. To violate a religious or moral law . 2 . To commit an offense or a violation [ Middle English Sinne , From Old English Synn. See Es - Below . ]

And In The Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary The Definition As Sin Is As Follows ;
'' Sin , N . Transgression . Me . Sinne . From oe . Synn. Syn , Wrong -Doing . Injury , Hostility ; Sin , Rel . To os sundia , Mdu sonde 9 du . Zoonde . Ohg , Sunt ( E) A ( Mhg . G Sunde ) These word seem to be early loon from french and latin . Sons . Gen sontis '' Guilty , Criminal ' .

The word '' Sin '' Is not an english word . It is not in the english grammar . This word was grafted into the english language from middle english Sinne . From old english Synn Meaning '' Wrong - Doing '' . These words were borrowed from the french and latin words Sons , Sontis , ''Meaning '' Guilty , Criminal . '' The first time the word '' Sin '' Is mentioned in The Bible is in Genesis 4 ; 5 - 7 When Cain and Abel sons of Kadmon ( Adam ) And Nekaybaw ( Eve ) were making an offering for the initiation into The Order Of Zodoq ( Genesis 4 ; 7 ) .

Genesis 4 ; 7 ( Modern Hebrew Script )
Eem ( If ) You Yaw - Tab' ( Be Pleasing , Be Well ) , By Seh - Ayth' ( Lifting Up Of Your Face ) ? And Eem ( If ) Lo ( You Don't ) Yaw -Tab' ( Be Pleasing , Be Well ) Khat -Taw - Aw ( Sinfulness ) Raw-Bats ( Crouching Down , Laying In Waite ) At The Feh'-Thakh ( Opening ) And You Shall Be What He Tesh - Oo -Kaw ' ( Desire ) , And You Will Maw'Shal ( Rule It ) .

If You Would Have Done The Right Thing , And The Best Thing , Then You Wouldn't Have A Frown On Your Face ? For Even If You Still Do The Right Thing You Will Be Approved And Accepted Into The Holy Order , But If You Do That Which Is Wrong , Then Nana The Evil One Sends Hamarteeah Son Of Apolia To To Wait Like A Snake To Bite You As You Pass From Door To Door In The Order Of Sin, And You Will Become Disagreeable Itself By , Nature , Not Beeding It To Guide You Wrong . < Right Translation In Aramic ( Hebrew ) By ; Dr. Malachi Z . York >

Mistranslation For King James 1611 A.D,
If Thou Doest Well , Shaly Thou Not Be Accepted ? And If Thou Doest Not Well , Sin Lieth At The Door And Unto Thee [ Shall Be ] His Desire , And Thou Shalt Rule Over Him .

This all started out when Anu , The Most High was on his way to earth to see how things were going . The Anunnaqi Eloheem wanted to present Anu with the creation of The New Beings . The Anunnaqi also the feast , The Anunnaqi showed Anu , The Most High and his wife Antum what they had created , The primitive worker '' Lulu Amelu . They then asked The Most High could The '' Lulu Amelu make a sacrifice unto him for the sabbath to see who had The Disagreeable Nature of Enqi , Son of Anu and Iyd and who had TheAgreeable Nature of Enlil Son Of Anu And Antum . When Abel made his presentation To Anu , The Most High And Amtum ( Antu ) , He offered attributes from the ground . Fresh Vegetables , Fruits , Sweet Scents From The Musk Deer , The Firsting Of His Flock And The Best That He Had To Offer With Respect And Sincerity ( Genesis 4 ; 4 ) Because Abel Made A Respectable And Sincere Offering .

He Was Accepted Into The Order Of Zodoq , ( Refer To The Holy Tablets Chapter 9 , Qabiyl And Habiyl , Tablet 16 By M.Z.York ) However , Cain Offered A Rotten Ear Of Wheat Stalk And It Was Not The Best That He Had To Offer ( Genesis 4 ; 5 ) , Cain Was More Interested In The Material Things Of The Planet Earth . Thus , His Offering Was Not Respected , Cain Went Off And Started Sulking And Complaining . He Was Given The Choice To Repent . But By Then It Was Too Late . The Most High Approved Offering That Were Sincere Such As The One Abel Made Rather Than Offering That Are Insincere Such As The Offering Cain Made .

Yahuwa said in ( Genesis 4 ; 7 ) And I quote ; '' If Thou Doest Well , Shalt Thou Not Be Accept ? And If Thou Doest Not Well , SIN Lieth At The Door ... Who Is Sin ? Sin Is The Female Nanna , The evil one who is called of Sin . Sin was waiting for him at The Door Like A Snake , Reptilian. Cain had a choice to go into two doors , The Door Of The Anunnaqi Or The Door Of Sin. The Aramic ( Hebrew ) word used for '' Sin '' in this quote is Chatta'ah , And means '' Sin , Sinful '' And if you look in The Greek Language you see the word Ham - Ar - Tee'ah And is defined as '' Sin , Sinful , Offense , '' This Hamartee'ah Is The Son Of Sin , Nanna And Apolia . She sends him to wait like a snake to bite you as you pass from door to door into The Order Of Sin .

The Anunnaqi Eloheem told Cain that he had a choice , Because he had '' Will '' Self -Determination and Decisions . They Were Asked About Being Initiated Into The Order Of Righteousness . The Path Of A Shaadiyd Or A Shad '' Demon '' And Cain Was Rejected , Not Accepted And His Presentation Was Rejected And Thus He Chose To Pass Through The Door Of Sin Making Him Disagreeable By Nature. Now His Ultimate Initiation Was Killing Abel So That Cain Could Be A Sinner , The Evil One '' Lays In Wait At The Door '' For Man's Soul In Hopes That He Can Seduce Him To Commit Sin . Cain's Encounter With The Evil One ( Devil ) Is A Sign And A Warning For Man That The Evil One ( Devil ) And His Host ( Jinn ) Will Do Everything In Their Power To Sway You From The Right Path .

Source M.Z.York
Sin is nothing more than going against the wishes/will of your chosen deity.

ruhnafsoul

ruhnafsoul
my attempt to answer.. what is sin?
sin.. is for those who believe in GOD.. who has faith in GOD.. that if they did something which are againts the teaching / rules by GOD via His messenger, then the feel of guilty appears in themselves.. for those who believe that they will be judge and reward, by the Creator, in accordance to what they had done in this world.. paradise or hell or with their GOD
Those who are non believer of GOD.. means that they can do everything... simply because they are not subjected to any rules by the believes in GOD.... meaning, they can do anything in and with their life.. free sex with anyone including with their parent and kids, free killings and murders, lies and cheating, arrogance, no undertaking of responsibilities,etc. etc.. whateva they want to do as they had no believe in life... there are no such thing of 'sin' for non-believer
tq

my attempt to answer.. what is sin?
sin.. is for those who believe in GOD.. who has faith in GOD.. that if they did something which are againts the teaching / rules by GOD via His messenger, then the feel of guilty appears in themselves.. for those who believe that they will be judge and reward, by the Creator, in accordance to what they had done in this world.. paradise or hell or with their GOD
Those who are non believer of GOD.. means that they can do everything... simply because they are not subjected to any rules by the believes in GOD.... meaning, they can do anything in and with their life.. free sex with anyone including with their parent and kids, free killings and murders, lies and cheating, arrogance, no undertaking of responsibilities,etc. etc.. whateva they want to do as they had no believe in life... there are no such thing of 'sin' for non-believer
tq

No, sin is disobeying the rules of an imaginary being.

TC

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Sin is not when we violate God's laws, it is when we violate our own.
Cool.
So divorce is not a sin.
Nor is lusting after your neighors wife.
Nor is abortion.
Nor is capital punishment.
But running a red light or speeding will send you straight to hell?