• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it with Radical Muslims and beheadings?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I wouldn't go so far as to call it "godly work" when certain religions, like Catholicism, reject it.
Of course not, and I was being facetious. But there is much truth in the notion that many people have been killed -- often in horrible ways -- by those who truly believed they were doing "the Lord's work."

This is something that I have always distrusted -- this idea that someone (or some religion) "knows what God wants," and gives themselves (or itself) the licence to go ahead and do it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
most religions, and atheists for that matter, are so sure that their way is the only right way (well, so are we, actually...) that they feel justified in forcing their ways upon everybody else, period

Considering Christianity has been doing that for 2000 years, and still does i dont see what you are complaining about

dianaiad

Considering Christianity has been doing that for 2000 years, and still does i dont see what you are complaining about

Don't you? Isn't that what you are complaining about?

The point, Christine, is that nowadays MOST of us don't think that doing this is a good thing. So telling us that we have no right to tell others to cut it out because some of our ancestors did the same thing is pretty...er...bitterly useless, and very illogical.

After all, YOUR ancestors used to do this sort of thing, too, didn't they? Since they did, what are YOU complaining about?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Why do the radical Islamists behead people? Is that in the Koran?

...I'm counting like 300 within 2014 -2017 alone.
ISIL beheading incidents - Wikipedia

And now this...
ISIS beheads 10 Christian captives in Nigeria as retaliation for Baghdadi death

You need to drop that word, 'radical' and just say Islam. There is no 'radical Islam' as opposed to 'peaceful Islam'. There is only Islam. And that is what you are seeing.

As far as 'beheadings', get over it. Whether you die in your sleep or are beheaded, you still die. And Islam doesn't have a monopoly on the terrible ways to kill people. It is a two-way if not a multi-way street. The point being, once you start down that road...don't be surprised what you too will encounter.

If my history serves me correctly, it was Charlemagne who beheaded about 5,000 Saxon men who killed many of the Christian missionaries he had sent into their region.

Now...that's evangelism.

Good-Ole-Rebel

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Don't you? Isn't that what you are complaining about?

The point, Christine, is that nowadays MOST of us don't think that doing this is a good thing. So telling us that we have no right to tell others to cut it out because some of our ancestors did the same thing is pretty...er...bitterly useless, and very illogical.

After all, YOUR ancestors used to do this sort of thing, too, didn't they? Since they did, what are YOU complaining about?

No its its not what i im doing, if you actually care to read my posts you will see i am making fair and honest comparison.

But enough of you do think its a good thing and ignoring it just doesnt make it go away. See my list of (just a few) christian terror groups in post #17

As i said, not complaining, but fair comparison shure seems to get you going, why is that.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I know it's not right to hate Islam, because it's large, and doing so is racist... So then, how do we know for sure which Muslims to hate, if that's what we're supposed to do?
Are Christians supposed to hate anybody?

Thing is, there are some extremist Christians just as there are some extremist Muslims. Political ans religious extremists are dangerous. :shrug:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Maybe it's the other way round. Maybe some people become radicalized because they already love the idea of slaughtering other people, and this is a way for them to feel legitimized in this perversion?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Why do the radical Islamists behead people? Is that in the Koran?

...I'm counting like 300 within 2014 -2017 alone.
ISIL beheading incidents - Wikipedia

And now this...
ISIS beheads 10 Christian captives in Nigeria as retaliation for Baghdadi death

It's not so much the beheading,although it's pretty grim but rather what they're beheaded for,in deera square aka chop chop square Saudi arabia you can be executed for adultery,sorcery,being gay,waging war against god (trying to think how you get caught for that one :-/), murderers get the same of course but there's a get out clause if can pay blood money.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Not really. I don't believe others have the same goal as Islam does. The goal of Islam is to bring all under Shariah Law wherever the Muslim lives.

Islam is not just a 'religion'. It is a political/religious society that controls every aspect of the Muslim's life. In the U.S. it will have PAC's in every state, every capital, to influence and create laws favorable to Islam.

It needs population first. Then they plead to the country where they exist, to let them govern themselves under their own Shariah Law. They will ask for Shariah Courts to be allowed. When the country is foolish enough to do it, they then create Shariah Law zones or neighborhoods. They may deny it, but don't let your family walk through one while breaking Shariah Law. And so it just spreads, as their population spreads.

It all starts with the little peaceful Mosque down the street.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Sharia is the same as a family court,this is open to anyone,you just can't punish people with Sharia hudud ordinances.

axxxa_3

That still leaves me unsatisfied... I'm the kind of person who needs to dig deep, to the core of it all.

Because...I can't just hate ISIS...I have to hate Boko Haram, Islamic Jihad, and all the other ones too... So that means I hate an *entire segment* of Islam.

...So let's identify this segment.

In that case, I assume you also hate the US? I mean, the USA is the largest single supplier of military equipment to Israel which is used to kill THOUSANDS of innocent Palestinians in their OWN country!! Why not talk about that then if you're so worried about people being killed? What about Syria? Or Lybia?? I'm not saying that the fact that they beheaded 10 Christians in Nigeria is a good thing.

What I'm trying to understand is if you're so preoccupied with this, there are whole countries going through something worse. Innocent children are being bombed while playing, some have even stopped talking because of fear, mothers can't even give milk to their babies because they have no more milk because of the high-stress levels. Instead, they have to feed them with water and sugar in order for them to survive just a little longer. Innocent women and men, as well as elderly people, are being killed, left to slowly bleed out to death.

They are ALL suffering slow and painful deaths while people who are beheaded are instantly dead and their pain is miles away from even being CLOSE to the one these killed people are going through. So is this a way for you to target Islam? And what about China?? They put THOUSANDS of Muslims in concentration camps just because of their faith!! Forcing them to eat pork, drink alcohol and forcing women to marry non-muslim men and putting children in orphanages. They are TORTURING them by beating them up, pulling their nails out as well as their teeth!! So you see, there are things that are far more important than ISIS right now.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, but I haven't started a thread slagging off the other side

The "other side"? They're not sports teams. And even if they were, they wouldn't even be playing the same sport, much less in the same league.

It's like saying you can't criticize the catholic church for molesting children and covering it up because London has a knife crime epidemic. :rolleyes:
Again, it's stupid whataboutism. Both are bad but completely unrelated. Where did you get the idea it was a competition?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That still leaves me unsatisfied... I'm the kind of person who needs to dig deep, to the core of it all.

Because...I can't just hate ISIS...I have to hate Boko Haram, Islamic Jihad, and all the other ones too... So that means I hate an *entire segment* of Islam.

...So let's identify this segment.

The two USA presidents Bush are responsible for ~two million deaths of innocents, through their assaults on Iran and Iraq and such.
Does that make you hate and distrust Christian Capitalists?
Tom

sooda

Veteran Member
Only by taking away the political power that Muslims currently enjoy in many nations will that change....and even then, it's dicey. See, I have a problem in that I belong to a religion that, first, freedom of religion is important, whether those believers agree with us or not. This is encoded in what most people would call our 'creed,' our Articles of Faith. Because that is so, it's not possible for us to punish, corporeally or legally, those who commit 'blasphemy,' or leave, or disagree with us. Because that is so, our religious beliefs and our political beliefs are absolutely separate. Why, we even have liberals.

Even our ideas of the 'Second Coming' have government and religion separate.

However, we do seem to be a bit 'odd man out' in that area...most religions, and atheists for that matter, are so sure that their way is the only right way (well, so are we, actually...) that they feel justified in forcing their ways upon everybody else, period. We just figure that the choice should be 'theirs,' not 'ours.' Even if we think that "they" are being terminally stupid in those choices. (shrug) Still their choice.

the problem here is that Muslims SEEM to be having more of a problem with this than some...like that recent poll that indicates that a huge percentage of Muslims in the USA think that Sharia Law should trump the Constitution. That attitude needs to be dealt with.

You sure have a lot of assumptions.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The two USA presidents Bush are responsible for ~two million deaths of innocents, through their assaults on Iran and Iraq and such.
Does that make you hate and distrust Christian Capitalists?
Tom
Since Landon likes to get to the core of things, maybe he can tell us what it is about his faith that makes its priests molest children?

axxxa_3

Since Landon likes to get to the core of things, maybe he can tell us what it is about his faith that makes its priests molest children?

istg!! This is just absurd, thousands of innocent people are being killed and tortured in China in Syria in Palestine and the list goes on... most of them because of the US and he wants to talk about Muslims? lol.