• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it with Radical Muslims and beheadings?

Altfish

Veteran Member
So? The OP was specifically about terrorism, then you tried to make it bad things in general whataboutism. You said Americans shouldn't criticize anything due to something unrelated their government does, so unless the UK is without its own faults or flaws, you should keep silent too, right?
But the Islamic groups that carry out such atrocities don't see it as terrorism, they see themselves as freedom fighters and believe they are in the right.
I don't agree, think it is abhorent but I would argue it is more humane than keeping someone in prison for 10-years on death row then murdering them with poisons.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Billy Bailey was the last capital offense perpetrator who was executed by hanging in the U.S., this happened over 23 years ago; our American society is now too civilized to snap anybody's neck.
It is still available as a method, it has not been outlawed. Also, is lethal injection really humane??

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But the Islamic groups that carry out such atrocities don't see it as terrorism, they see themselves as freedom fighters and believe they are in the right.
Rather like the Bush administration and their Christian supporters saw themselves when the bombings of Baghdad started.
Tom

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't agree, think it is abhorent but I would argue it is more humane than keeping someone in prison for 10-years on death row then murdering them with poisons.
Regardless, saying X can't criticize Y because X's government is guilty of Z is silly nonsense.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
It is still available as a method, it has not been outlawed. Also, is lethal injection really humane??

If I were going to be executed, but had the choice of how I'd be executed, I'd want to be taken down by firing squad. I'd hope to be humanely offered a cigarette and blindfold.

Altfish

Veteran Member
If I were going to be executed, but had the choice of how I'd be executed, I'd want to be taken down by firing squad. I'd hope to be humanely offered a cigarette and blindfold.
To be honest the guillotine is probably the cleanest - for the victim - a bit messy for the perpetrator

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
A molotov cocktail is not a "bomb".
um...
Actually, it is:
a container filled with explosive, incendiary material, smoke, gas, or other destructive substance, designed to explode on impact or when detonated by a time mechanism, remote-control device, or lit fuse.​

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Okay, violence is a way to control others... And the notion to control en masse hinges on ideology...

...So what ideology is responsible for the many beheadings we see across many Islamic groups and nations?

Actually, I would suggest it isn't so much about a notion to control others, but an impulse towards control separate from ideology. I suspect some ideologies do lead to violence through the need to conform the world around deep-seated beliefs (take beliefs around homosexuality as a sin, for example), but this isn't confined to religious belief, and by no means does this belief always lead to violence.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But to live that out fundamentally, as a society for example, would mean no police force and no military. It would put that society at great risk of takeover by outsiders who think differently.
Neither love nor hate determine whether or not a police force etc are necessary. I can love my child but still not allow any kind of behavior.

Shadow Link

At some point either extreme Islam dies, or humanity...
In the end...
IMG_2452.JPG

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From my biased POV, lethal injection would be my choice. When our dogs and cats were at the end of their lives, that's what was done. They just quietly faded with no apparent distress of any kind.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At some point either extreme Islam dies, or humanity...
In the end...
View attachment 35883

Extremism of all kinds. Now we have the rise of right-wing extreme populism with the rise of hate crimes of all kinds. The latest set of headlines I've seen are multiple anti-Semitic attacks, neo-Nazi attacks and groups that are ready to start a civil war if Trump is no longer President.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Neither love nor hate determine whether or not a police force etc are necessary. I can love my child but still not allow any kind of behavior.

And in the same way we scold our children, it is right and just to scold Islam today.

...For the good of it's, and our, future.