• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it with Radical Muslims and beheadings?

Cooky

Veteran Member
A competing literature? meaning?

God uses fallible people, but also there is an element of faith. If anyone lacks wisdom God will give it generously if they ask in faith. (James)

If anyone is willing to do his will he shall know of the teaching. (John)

If you mean entire competing books like Koran or Hindi, that's a matter of discernment what is from God.

Yes, I meant entire competing books.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I don't think the actions of a few qualifies as a "terrorist group".

But it is terrorism, and based on Christian ideology. Given the existence of other Christian terrorist groups (posted elsewhere in the thread), it is safe to assume that Christian ideology isn't immune from the human tendency to use violence as a way to control others.

This is a human problem not specific to one religion.

Cooky

Veteran Member
But it is terrorism, and based on Christian ideology. Given the existence of other Christian terrorist groups (posted elsewhere in the thread), it is safe to assume that Christian ideology isn't immune from the human tendency to use violence as a way to control others.

This is a human problem not specific to one religion.

Okay, violence is a way to control others... And the notion to control en masse hinges on ideology...

...So what ideology is responsible for the many beheadings we see across many Islamic groups and nations?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm horrible at this myself, but, I think you need to cultivate Forbearance: ( link )

But not so much as we turn a blind eye to injustice... Right?

Or do we..?

For instance, a mother being beaten and robbed -should we not try and stop that?

dianaiad

Stoning? A gruesome hebrew and christian execution method as described in the OT as a punishment for blasphemy, idolatry, adultery and other crimes

tu quoque?

If the Jews and Christians used to do it, it's just fine and dandy for the Muslims to do it now?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Actually I see an overarching connection Old and New.

The connection carries things over in a sense and in the sense but not in an arbitrary cherry picked way but in a way consistent with how the New Testament carries ideas over.

I interesting, thats not what i have found.

Cooky

Veteran Member
tu quoque?

If the Jews and Christians used to do it, it's just fine and dandy for the Muslims to do it now?

And they never mention how Jews and Christians had to go through the same trials they are defending Islam from. Civility doesn't come from protecting barbarism. It comes from EXPOSING barbarism.

images.jpeg.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
tu quoque?

My point was against the comment by @Landon Caeli stating "What kind of religion makes rules for killing?"

No, its not just fine but Islam is not the only guilty religion

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, the UK is not perfect - but we stopped state approved murder in the 60s
So? The OP was specifically about terrorism, then you tried to make it bad things in general whataboutism. You said Americans shouldn't criticize anything due to something unrelated their government does, so unless the UK is without its own faults or flaws, you should keep silent too, right?

Cooky

Veteran Member
My point was against the comment by @Landon Caeli stating "What kind of religion makes rules for killing?"

No, its not just fine but Islam is not the only guilty religion

But nobody is arguing that Islam is the only one guilty... You invented that argument... Err.. Strawman.

Last edited by a moderator:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Where should I place my abhorrence?

Show me the right place.
Do you need abhorrence?

If you do, and if 75 deaths per year are enough to rile up your hatred, then maybe focus your hatred on one of the things that kill the most people: cancer, heart disease, or motor vehicle collisions, for instance.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Do you need abhorrence?

If you do, and if 75 deaths per year are enough to rile up your hatred, then maybe focus your hatred on one of the things that kill the most people: cancer, heart disease, or motor vehicle collisions, for instance.

Can't you see the moral difference between ruthlessly sawing off innocent people's heads, and random occurances?

...There is a reason people feel especially abhorrent about beheadings. One who doesn't feel that, might want to go get evaluated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Do you need abhorrence?

To play devil's advocate, isn't a similar argument used against gun control supporters?

ChristineM

Premium Member
But nobody is arguing that Islam is the only one guilty... You invented that argument... Err.. Strawman.

Nope, i was replying to your statement of "What kind of religion makes rules for killing?" And provided an answer. It was a question was it not?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I know it's not right to hate Islam, because it's large, and doing so is racist... So then, how do we know for sure which Muslims to hate, if that's what we're supposed to do?

Quick guide: hating people specifically for their race is racist. This was the meaning of the word, before it got screwed up by political correctness. Hating people for their religious beliefs is a different word (religious discrimination).

Strictly speaking, you don't hate people. You condemn their actions (love the sinner, hate the sin).

Cooky

Veteran Member
Nope, i was replying to your statement of "What kind of religion makes rules for killing?" And provided an answer. It was a question was it not?

The context on "what kind" was in asking if it's: good, bad, toxic, evil, etc. I wasn't asking for a comprehensive list of other kind(s) of religions. :cool:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I know it's not right to hate Islam, because it's large, and doing so is racist... So then, how do we know for sure which Muslims to hate, if that's what we're supposed to do?

What's wrong with what is in the Bible?

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

Cooky

Veteran Member
Quick guide: hating people specifically for their race is racist. This was the meaning of the word, before it got screwed up by political correctness. Hating people for their religious beliefs is a different word (religious discrimination).

Strictly speaking, you don't hate people. You condemn their actions (love the sinner, hate the sin).

So your suggestion is to hate sin. Thank you.