• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it that you looking for ( in your spiritual journey)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yesterday a few members recognized a form of sufism within my way of practicing spiritual lifestyle. And after a lot of reading this night i found them to be correct, sufism is a search for God from within the practitioner and it become the purpose of this life as a human being, not only in islam, but it can be transformed within any spiritual path, sufism is the deep path/journey within our heart ( consciousness) finding the spiritual being that is the true "I"

So in your own practice, what are you searching or looking for?

My path is to seek a living as mandated by the Qur'an which speaks to my being. Its a strange thing to try and explain it. My idea of living a spiritual life, or a life as God intended me to live is to live according to the Qur'an.

I dont know if that makes any sense. I am stating this because your post had some kind of relatability.

Peace.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This OP could well go in the philosophy forum :)

My philosophical soup is something like 3/4 utilitarian and 1/4 hedonism :)
There is a lot of philosophy within spiritual practices too, so yes i do agree, it could be put in the philosophy section too :)

Clara Tea

I am not nearly as concerned with learning the whole bible, as I am in obeying God's commandments (in the bible). Reverend Hagee urged us to believe in Jesus so we could win the war in Iraq. Clearly he misguides Christians to the path of war and killing.

If you want to find Satan, look for the bloody path, the greedy path, and environmental destruction (denial of Global Warming).

Orbit

I'm a planet
At first, I wanted knowledge ("Is God there?"). Then, when there was no evidence for God, I was at peace. I'm not really "looking" for anything any more, I just try to live an empathetic life and help others whenever possible.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Hmmm... My path did start in a spiritual way, though it isn't so much anymore. The goal stays the same, though.

To learn. :)

I added a caveat to that, however. Learn, then use that knowledge in the best way I know how: to embrace the discomfort and the resulting change.

Seems to work just fine for me!

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Yesterday a few members recognized a form of sufism within my way of practicing spiritual lifestyle. And after a lot of reading this night i found them to be correct, sufism is a search for God from within the practitioner and it become the purpose of this life as a human being, not only in islam, but it can be transformed within any spiritual path, sufism is the deep path/journey within our heart ( consciousness) finding the spiritual being that is the true "I"

So in your own practice, what are you searching or looking for?

Dear Conscious thoughts

Every day, my spiritual goal is the same: to follow [what I understand as] Divine Will, as opposed to following the Will of Ego.

My role in life is to extend my own understanding, for sake of understanding alone and, to wherever possible, contribute to the increased understanding in others.

I try to fulfil this role by approaching whatever I encounter with selfless attentiveness, humility and servitude. I fail regularly, but I never give up. :)

Humbly
Hermit

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Dear Conscious thoughts

Every day, my spiritual goal is the same: to follow [what I understand as] Divine Will, as opposed to following the Will of Ego.

My role in life is to extend my own understanding, for sake of understanding alone and, to wherever possible, contribute to the increased understanding in others.

I try to fulfil this role by approaching whatever I encounter with selfless attentiveness, humility and servitude. I fail regularly, but I never give up. :)

Humbly
Hermit
Sounds like we are doing something very similar :)

idea

Question Everything
what to look for? Perhaps we should not be looking for anything.

Ever desireless, one can see the mystery; ever desiring,one only sees the manifestations. The mystery itself is the doorway to all understanding

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My path is to seek a living as mandated by the Qur'an which speaks to my being. Its a strange thing to try and explain it. My idea of living a spiritual life, or a life as God intended me to live is to live according to the Qur'an.

I dont know if that makes any sense. I am stating this because your post had some kind of relatability.

Peace.

Makes perfect sense.

Regards Tony