• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is incorrect with those humans who comment sarcastically?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Then again, we're the ones who are upside down to them. Jus' sayin'....

No...we believe all people are equally upside down, and that concepts of 'right way up' came about due to European hegemony amongst globe and map makers who have somewhat subconsciously driven a false conflation of 'north' and 'up'.

At least, we would think that if we could be bothered between beers.

David T

Premium Member
This is a religious forum. Don’t you think as a religious person I have a right to ask what is wrong with those people who….? The cure of ignorance is to question, prophet Muhammad once said.

I believe some peoples world is upside down. What’s good is bad and what’s bad is good, and so lying becomes smart. What is wrong with those people who make up lies just to make people laugh? Is it not a form of a bully? To deceive others in order to gain some.

Are they confident in themselves, or do they lack self-confidence? Is it a peaceful criticism, or is it an angry criticism?

"Woe to the one who tells lies to make people laugh, woe to him" prophet Muhammad once said.
Muhammad Also said in a very very reasoned moment "dont create idols of me thats just stupid " and his followers interpreted that as " we kill you if you create idols of mohammad". If you can't see your foibles you can't see anyone else's. If you only see the foibles in others and not yourself you are the worst kind of fraud lying to yourself and others.
So said david

David T

Premium Member
I am detecting increasing levels of sarcasm in your posts. There is hope.
Tom
If the magnetic poles flip will we have to rename antartica artica and visa versa. Would the penguins migrate to the New South and the polar bears migrate to the New North? Would we have to start speaking Spanish in the new south America and English in the new North America. I need to know the questions keep me up at night fretting the magnetic flip has worse consequences than we realize!!!!

Mary Blackchurch

Free from Stockholm Syndrome
But seriously though how about for example Oscar Wilde? The man had a very high level of education and aced it in his sleep. He is the master of sarcasm. The sarcasm he used to dissect the Aesthetic/Decadent movement in Picture of Dorian Gray is hardly unintelligent. Next to Lolita I've never thought so furiously in my life trying to discern his jabs.

I thought Oscar Wilde was serious! Thanks for that. See how practical you are? ;) < sarcasm for the sake of humour.

As for the rest, my Aussie friend, my point was that sarcasm for the sake of humour and/or making a point is not unkind or cowardice, but a naturally sarcastic person can come off as smarmy. Oscar Wilde was a bit that way, and he didn't seem so much as rude to me as he did pessimistic. But I have known people who use it to be acerbic. It's in their nature because they are arseholes. Can I say that word? We'll see...

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought Oscar Wilde was serious! Thanks for that. See how practical you are? ;) < sarcasm for the sake of humour.

As for the rest, my Aussie friend, my point was that sarcasm for the sake of humour and/or making a point is not unkind or cowardice, but a naturally sarcastic person can come off as smarmy. Oscar Wilde was a bit that way, and he didn't seem so much as rude to me as he did pessimistic. But I have known people who use it to be acerbic. It's in their nature because they are arseholes. Can I say that word? We'll see...
At least sarcastic arseholes are funny. I'd rather be on the receiving end of a conversation with a smarmy naturally sarcastic arsehole than a regular one. At least I'd learn some new insults from it.

sovietchild

Fundamentally, sarcasm is a cover. It’s used to cover anger, envy, or inadequacy that, without the anti-sugarcoating of sarcasm, feels too forthright.

Kirran

Premium Member
I am glad to see that well-founded and clearly cited arguments against the use of sarcasm are still being provided in this thread.

sovietchild

I am glad to see that well-founded and clearly cited arguments against the use of sarcasm are still being provided in this thread.

Really?

happy-face-black-and-white-clipart-panda-free-clipart-images-8AEs9R-clipart.png