• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's highest priority?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If there were no death despite what you say (that there is no birth without death), at a certain point people would stop having children. That's one possibility. Meantime, as I look around many people have children because that's what they think life is all about. So they have children in some cases born in miserable conditions, to not-so-good parents, or single parents who just got pregnant because that is their life style. Once Revelation 21:1-5 is completely fulfilled, we will see what will happen to continuation of the human race.
Good point above because as Danny Kaye concluded without birth control there is No solution.
On TV I never see any fathers being held responsible for the on-going poverty children they help make.
In So. America one man said he needed lots of children so at least one would survive to take care of ->him.
As far as the human race is concerned I find procreation will cease according to Genesis 1:28.
People were only to multiply until Earth was populated, Not over filled. Not over populated.
Thus, procreation was to cease at least here on planet Earth.
As you say we will see what will happen after Rev. 21:4 is completely fulfilled.
Everlasting life on Earth is only for righteous people - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
So, any who choose to be or remain wicked will be 'destroyed forever' - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Certainly it makes sense that God wants us to be happy. But most of us, I daresay, are not happy a lot. So again, the Bible makes sense to me because God allowed Adam and Eve to figure things out for themselves and that's what we've been experiencing. Along with inherited death from Adam. Just not a happy prospect. But! days are said to be coming where there will be no more death. And again, chimpanzees did not write this out. Revelation 21:1-5 -- no more death, no more suffering, life everlasting.
As the old saying goes that 'men lead lives of quite desperation'.
I don't think Adam and Eve had to figure things out for themselves - Genesis 2:17
They were forewarned so they were forearmed Not to eat from the forbidden tree and were told why.
Adam could step on a bug and see with his own eyes what death is.
Right, No more ' enemy death ' is coming according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't anything about Baha, please provide scriptures of his Eminent return that directly say God is sending another Messiah other than Jesus Christ.
Please provide scriptures that directly say God is sending the same man Jesus Christ who walked the earth 2000 years ago.
The scriptures clearly say that Jesus' work was finished here and He was no more in the world.

(John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30)

There is no reason for Jesus to return, since His work was finished here, and that is why Jesus is not going to return.
And I personally know of NO Christians who believe anything other name/Spirit/person than the promised Return Of Jesus Christ. ALL are hoping and praying for his 2nd Advent, as is mentioned numerous times, in scriptures.
Of course you don't know any Christian who believes that the return of Christ will be another person, but I know plenty of ex-Christians who are now Baha'is and they believe that. That belief takes nothing away from Jesus or what Jesus did for all of humanity, sacrificing Himself for our sins. Al Baha'is I know love and revere Jesus more than when they were Christians.

It has been drummed into Christians that the same man Jesus Christ is going to return, so that is why they believe that, but it is not supported by the scriptures.
I am not sure how to help you understand, as you have already stated you don't accept the scriptures saying very clearly he will return (atleast not physically) And I am not sure why you can assume he is somehow returning "Spiritually" but yet that does not mean with a physical body. The scriptures to be honest don't state definitively one way or the other. Your opinion on that is possible, but the belief that he will come back physically I believe far outways the opinion it will simply be the Spirit of Jesus.
The belief that Jesus will come back in the same physical body He had while on earth is an untenable belief since physical bodies do not exist in heaven. Only spiritual bodies exist in heaven.

1 Corinthians 15 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies. 41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

The fact that you say he will have a different name, immediately puts up a red Flag as to it's truthfulness.
I am not the one who said that He will have a different name, the Bible says that.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Jesus, whether it were direct quotes, which I am not going to go over again, or by means of Parables, Stated HE was returning
5.1 Signs of Impending Return
I read every single one of those verses and not one has Jesus saying that HE was returning.
So may I ask, per your belief, What is this purpose for the Spirit of Jesus to return but that it won't be Jesus?
May I ask what the purpose would be for the same man Jesus to return (other than the fact that this is what Christians want)?

The purpose for the Spirit of Jesus to return in another person was clearly explained by Jesus:

John 16:7-11 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Please provide scriptures that directly say God is sending the same man Jesus Christ who walked the earth 2000 years ago.
The scriptures clearly say that Jesus' work was finished here and He was no more in the world.
(John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30)
There is no reason for Jesus to return, since His work was finished here, and that is why Jesus is not going to return...................

Yes, Jesus would Not return as a physical human but as Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation today without actually being present, when Jesus comes in Glory ( see Rev. 19:14-15 ) it will be with invisible heavenly angels.
See also Matthew 25:31-34 because Jesus comes as KING in verse 34 .
Please notice what is given to Jesus at Daniel 7:13-14 and Psalm 72:1-8
Jesus is King of God's Kingdom government for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So Osteen, Prince, et al are not genuine?
I saw a re-run of an old show Match Game I think it was.
One question was asking which professions would make it hard to go to Heaven.
Besides politicians, and lawyers one answer was TV preachers !

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, Jesus would Not return as a physical human but as Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation today without actually being present, when Jesus comes in Glory ( see Rev. 19:14-15 ) it will be with invisible heavenly angels.
See also Matthew 25:31-34 because Jesus comes as KING in verse 34 .
Please notice what is given to Jesus at Daniel 7:13-14 and Psalm 72:1-8
Jesus is King of God's Kingdom government for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The kingdom of Jesus was in Heaven, not on Earth.

"The Throne upon which He sat is the Eternal Throne from which Christ reigns for ever, a heavenly throne, not an earthly one, for the things of earth pass away but heavenly things pass not away. He re-interpreted and completed the Law of Moses and fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. His word conquered the East and the West. His Kingdom is everlasting.” Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, pp. 54-56

Christians believe that the following verses are about Jesus, but if Jesus was the Son of man, as Jesus claimed to be, the following verses cannot be about the Jesus.

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Baha'is believe that these verses are about Baha'u'llah who was one like Jesus, who was the Son of man.

We believe that Jesus ascended into heaven in the clouds. Baha’u’llah, one like the son of man, descended from the clouds of heaven of the Will of God, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. These verses are about an earthly Kingdom, not a heavenly Kingdom. Jesus’ Kingdom is in heaven, Baha’u’llah’s Kingdom will be on earth, after it is built by humans.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If there were no death despite what you say (that there is no birth without death), at a certain point people would stop having children. That's one possibility. Meantime, as I look around many people have children because that's what they think life is all about. So they have children in some cases born in miserable conditions, to not-so-good parents, or single parents who just got pregnant because that is their life style. Once Revelation 21:1-5 is completely fulfilled, we will see what will happen to continuation of the human race.
So what I hear you saying is that because many people have children for the wrong reasons, and thus some children are forced to live under miserable conditions, that is a good reason for the discontinuation of the human race?

What about people who bring children into the world under good circumstances, children who will know and love God? Why should people be deprived of the opportunity to live on this earth just because some people want to live here forever? That sounds kind of selfish to me.

Not only does it sound selfish, I don't think God ever intended for this to be the case, which is why God created us with mortal bodies that would die and be buried, after which time our souls would go to heaven in a spiritual body. God wants everyone to have the opportunity to be born so that can know Him and love Him.

The main reason to live here on earth is to prepare for heaven thus there would be no reason to live on earth forever if we were never going to heaven. Almost all Christians believe they will be going to heaven and they are looking forward to that. The fact that a handful of Christians WANT to live on earth forever is not a reason for God to set it up that way.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Very good reasoning above because that is why God set a reproduction limit at Genesis 1:28
People were only to multiply (fill) the Earth Not over fill, Not over multiply.
Thus the time was to come when procreation would stop (at least here on Earth)
A time when procreation would stop on the Earth? There is no such thing in the Bible! That is only your church dogma.
We were to multiply and fill the earth, and while that was happening people would be born and people would die, so that there would be room for new people to be born.
Adam did Not come from death. Adam was formed or fashioned from the Earth - Genesis 2:7
Adam came to life when God breathed the 'breath of life' into His created Adam.
Adam then passed on life to everyone.
Adam was not the first man on Earth. Human life existed on earth long before Adam and Eve. People were born and people died..
Had people not dies, the world would have long since been overpopulated.

When did humans first appear on Earth?

Hominins first appear by around 6 million years ago, in the Miocene epoch, which ended about 5.3 million years ago. Our evolutionary path takes us through the Pliocene, the Pleistocene, and finally into the Holocene, starting about 12,000 years ago. The Anthropocene would follow the Holocene.Jan 3, 2024

Evolutionary Perspectives on the Anthropocene

Originally there was No human death in Eden. Adam breaking the Law brought death to us. - Genesis 2:17
I do not believe there was ever a Garden of Eden. I believe the whole story of Adam and Eve is an allegory.

But let's pretend it is a true story.
The Bible does not say:
"Originally there was No human death in Eden. Adam breaking the Law brought death to us."
That is nothing more than church dogma.

Genesis 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.

That verse does not mean they would die physically, it means they would die spiritually -- be spiritually dead since they disobeyed God.

That verse does not say that they would have lived forever in a physical body if they had not disobeyed God and eaten from the tree.
That is nothing more than church dogma.
We can't reverse death. We can't resurrect oneself, we can't resurrect another.
So, we need someone who can resurrect us and also put a STOP to enemy death.
According to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26 Jesus is coming to put an end to human death on Earth. - Acts 24:15
There will never be an end to physical death on Earth and there will never be a resurrection of physical bodies back to live on Earth.
There will be a resurrection to life, but it will not be to life on Earth. Those who are resurrected will go straight to Heaven with no stopovers.

1 Corinthians 15 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

The physical body cannot exist in the Kingdom of God in heaven. That is why it needs to be transformed into a spiritual body.
The spirit returns to God who gave it life, and it returns in a spiritual body.

PearlSeeker

Very good reasoning above because that is why God set a reproduction limit at Genesis 1:28
People were only to multiply (fill) the Earth Not over fill, Not over multiply.
Thus the time was to come when procreation would stop (at least here on Earth)
Are you saying only early generations would exist? Then I thank Adam and Eve that they ate that fruit so that I could be born and experience life after so many human generations!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are you saying only early generations would exist? Then I thank Adam and Eve that they ate that fruit so that I could be born and experience life after so many human generations!
No, the early or earlier generations are still dead asleep in grave - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39
When Jesus resurrected dead people he brought them back to physical life on Earth.
Jesus was showing us what he is going to do for the early generations who lived before Jesus and also after Jesus.
The verse found at Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection........
Resurrection Day is still ahead of us. Resurrection Day is Not a 24 hour day but a long 'Millennium-Long Day' lasting one-thousand years.
Even in English today we speak of both a 24 hour day and Grandfather's Day.
One day is 24 hours long, but the other day 'Grandfather's Day' is much longer because it includes his lifetime.
You are experiencing life after so many human generations and if we are alive at the coming time of Jesus' Glory Time found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 then the 'figurative sheep' (righteous people) can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth forever. Enemy death will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, the early or earlier generations are still dead asleep in grave - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39
When Jesus resurrected dead people he brought them back to physical life on Earth.
Jesus was showing us what he is going to do for the early generations who lived before Jesus and also after Jesus.
The verse found at Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection........
Resurrection Day is still ahead of us. Resurrection Day is Not a 24 hour day but a long 'Millennium-Long Day' lasting one-thousand years.
Even in English today we speak of both a 24 hour day and Grandfather's Day.
One day is 24 hours long, but the other day 'Grandfather's Day' is much longer because it includes his lifetime.
You are experiencing life after so many human generations and if we are alive at the coming time of Jesus' Glory Time found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 then the 'figurative sheep' (righteous people) can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth forever. Enemy death will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
........The main reason to live here on earth is to prepare for heaven thus there would be no reason to live on earth forever if we were never going to heaven. Almost all Christians believe they will be going to heaven and they are looking forward to that. The fact that a handful of Christians WANT to live on earth forever is not a reason for God to set it up that way.
Yes, TV preachers among other clergy teach only Heaven as a reward.
They ignore what Jesus promised: righteous meek people will inherit the EARTH - Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11;22:26
Angels were Not people before living in Heaven. Angels were created for Heaven.
People were Not angels before living on Earth. People were created for Earth.
If people were really looking forward to Heaven then why aren't they killing themselves, why see a doctor ?
As far as a 'handful of Christians' only a handful, so to speak, are called to Heaven - Luke 22:28-30
They are Not classed as angels but as 'saints or holy ones' - Daniel 7:18
They govern from Heaven with Jesus over Earth for a thousand years - Revelation 20:6; Rev. 5:9-10
Govern over the humble meek people who inherit the Earth as Jesus promised.

Well, that is completely illogical. If Jesus was sitting at the right hand of God, which I believe is true, that means that Jesus is not God.
I am sure you are aware of John 1: 1-4. Can you read it and then tell me what it is telling us? Is it referring to Jesus Christ or someone else.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am sure you are aware of John 1: 1-4. Can you read it and then tell me what it is telling us? Is it referring to Jesus Christ or someone else.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Verses 3 and 4 are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made by God since God created the heavens and the earth. In God was life and the life was the light of man.

The Word refers to the divine perfections that appeared in Jesus Christ, and these perfections were with God. The Word does not mean the body of Jesus but rather the divine perfections manifested in Jesus. Jesus was like a clear mirror and the divine perfections were visible and apparent in this mirror. Therefore, the Word was the divine appearance. This is the meaning of the verse which says: “The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

When God sent Jesus, the Word was made flesh because God was “manifested” in the flesh and Jesus dwelt among us. God did not become flesh, but rather the divine perfections of God were manifested in Jesus who came in the flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

You can't get it any plainer than that. God was manifest in the flesh, not incarnated in the flesh. If God had been incarnated in the flesh, then God would have become flesh and we would be able to see God; but Jesus said no man has ever seen God. We know that many people saw Jesus so that is one way we know that Jesus was not God.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

I hope this is not too complicated. The Word is the Primal Will of God that was created by God before anything existed. The Primal Will went on to create everything. The Primal Will is the agent through which God is manifested through Jesus. It is only through Jesus at that time that God was known.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
@Trailblazer, refer to this by the Bab:

If, however, thou art sailing upon the sea of creation, know thou that the First Remembrance, which is the Primal Will of God, may be likened unto the sun. God hath created Him through the potency of His might, and He hath, from the beginning that hath no beginning, caused Him to be manifested in every Dispensation through the compelling power of His behest, and God will, to the end that knoweth no end, continue to manifest Him according to the good-pleasure of His invincible Purpose.

And know thou that He indeed resembleth the sun. Were the risings of the sun to continue till the end that hath no end, yet there hath not been nor ever will be more than one sun; and were its settings to endure for evermore, still there hath not been nor ever will be more than one sun. It is this Primal Will which appeareth resplendent in every Prophet and speaketh forth in every revealed Book. It knoweth no beginning, inasmuch as the First deriveth its firstness from It; and knoweth no end, for the Last oweth its lastness unto It.
(The Bab, Selections from the Writings of the Bab, p. 125)

From Some Answered Questions:

It follows that all things have emanated from God; that is, it is through God that all things have been realized, and through Him that the contingent world has come to exist. The first thing to emanate from God is that universal reality which the ancient philosophers termed the “First Intellect” and which the people of Bahá call the “Primal Will”.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions ", 53.5

Verses 3 and 4 are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made by God since God created the heavens and the earth. In God was life and the life was the light of ma
I have to say, there are no Christians that believe who the scriptures are referring to in John 1, Other than Jesus Christ. They all point to Jesus Christ, there is no debate, and one simply needs to take it for what it says. There really is no other reason to believe it means anything else unless one has a pre-conceived belief before reading the words. I added several scriptures so that we are sure who the scriptures are talking about also saying essentially the same thing. All things were created by Jesus Christ and for him. And to tie that in with Genesis 1. in the Beginning God created the Heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:12-20
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in ALL things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
As in John 1, All highlighted scriptures are referring to the Son (Jesus Christ). And there is noone who believes otherwise unless they have a pre-conceived belief that blinds them from seeing the obvious.

Verses 3 and 4 are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made by God since God created the heavens and the earth. In God was life and the life was the light of man.
You also say in John 1 that verses 3 and 4 are not speaking of Jesus, yet the Apostle who wrote the Gospel of John, also wrote the Book of 1 John. Here in the scriptures and we find Life is indeed in the Son ( Jesus Christ)

1 John 5
10 The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.
11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 The one who has the Son has the life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

The question that one should be asking is why is it so important that we acknowledge who Jesus Christ is, what he did for mankind, and why we need to accept HIM for salvation ( not the latest version of a so-called messiah that has claimed to appear)

Acts 4:

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I ask you please tell me, if you agree that Jesus Christ came to be the sacrifice for the sins of the World, can one NOT believe in Jesus Christ and BE SAVED. There really is a reason Why we must be SAVED.

If so then why does Scripture Clearly say different?

Obviously this is speaking of Someone other than the Father It is understood by Those in Judaism and Christianity that GOD IS SPIRIT. And as he said to Moses none can see him and Live. What is missed by those who still hold to Judaism and reject Jesus Christ is that God said thru the prophet Isaiah:

ISAIAH 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

(Immanuel means GOD WITH US) This is entirely understood and accepted by ALL Christians, Jesus is God in the Flesh. Not a mere manifestation but as Philippians 2 says

Philippians 2: 5-​
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:​
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;​
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.​

I know this is hard to understand, but I am sure you know that Christians believe GOD IS ONE. But yet our One True God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

It is a magnificent unexplainable Truth that we accept, and YES REQUIRES FAITH. If we could explain all the ways of our God, we may, then be God, which we are not. Or if he could be explained maybe he would not really be God. For his ways are much Higher than ours.

It should also be noted all the way back in Genesis (The Beginning) the english word "God " in the Hebrew original language that Genesis was written is "Elohim"

Which means One God, but has a plural component to the word, please see the below link that gives more detail on the Name Elohim.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have to say, there are no Christians that believe who the scriptures are referring to in John 1, Other than Jesus Christ. They all point to Jesus Christ, there is no debate, and one simply needs to take it for what it says.
I don't care what Christians believe, they are wrong because they believe that Jesus is God.
Even without the scriptures that show that Jesus is not God, on a purely logical basis we know that Jesus cannot be God.

Certain attributes are unique to God. Only God is All-Powerful, All-Knowing, Unchanging, Impassable, Infinite, Omnipresent, Self-Existent, Self-Sufficient, and Immaterial, so nobody except God can have those attributes. That means Jesus was not God.

No one has ever 'seen God.' Many people saw Jesus which means that Jesus was not God.

Exodus 33:20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared
Him.

The following three verses in John 1 go together. Verse 2 refers to God, and verse 3 refers to him (God.) and verse 4 refers to him (God) again :

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jesus did not create the universe (all things), God did. That is how we know that these verses are about God, not Jesus.
There really is no other reason to believe it means anything else unless one has a pre-conceived belief before reading the words. I added several scriptures so that we are sure who the scriptures are talking about also saying essentially the same thing. All things were created by Jesus Christ and for him. And to tie that in with Genesis 1. in the Beginning God created the Heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:12-20
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

6 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in ALL things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
As in John 1, All highlighted scriptures are referring to the Son (Jesus Christ). And there is noone who believes otherwise unless they have a pre-conceived belief that blinds them from seeing the obvious.
You just proved that Jesus is not God.

Colossians 1

• Jesus was the one in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
  • Jesus was the image of God, which means that Jesus was not God, since an image is not what it reflects; Jesus was like a mirror reflecting God' attributes.
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
  • By him (God) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Jesus did not create anything because Jesus is not God.

Last edited: