• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's definition of sin?

I am a Christian, but I was not raised so. I have come to see the Bible as the word of God. But nevertheless, I have say that there is nothing more absurd than a Christian telling other people that they have to believe this or that because the Bible says so.

For those who call themselves "Christian", Jesus gave a commission, telling his disciples after his resurrection, to "go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in then name of the Father, of the Son, and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."(Matt 28:19, 20)

Because this involves much more than what the churches teach, that anyone just has to "believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved", Jesus said that there was the need to "exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in, but will not be able."

To show that many of those who profess to be Christian will not measure up to God's righteousness and be willing to ' go and make disciples', Jesus gives an illustration, speaking of a "householder" who in the middle of night has someone knock on his door, "saying, ' Sir, open to us', But in answer he (the householder) will say to one knocking, "I do not know where you are from". This one tries to convince the householder by saying: "We ate and drank in front of you, and you taught in our broad ways."

The householder pictures Jesus, who replies to the one knocking on the door, those who profess to be Christian but are counterfeit Christians, having no evidence that they are genuine Christians, telling them straightforwardly: "I do not know where you are from. Get away from me, all you workers of unrighteousness."(Luke 13:24-27)

The apostle Paul said: "If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news !"(1 Cor 9:16) Paul then says that " if I perform this willingly, I have a reward; but if I do it against my will, all the same I have a stewardship entrusted to me."(verse 17)

Furthermore, I think the question about God's definition of "sin" is a little cracked. Only an incredibly legalistic approach to the Bible and God would think of such a question. I think it is kind of like asking what brand of apsirin does God use.

Ok yeah I admit we can make a bit more sense of the question by rephrasing it. Presuming that the Bible is the word of God, and I do, then what does He as an author mean by this word in this book that He wrote? Well some human authors do write that way, using their own definition of word as if they are writing the book to themselves alone. But other human authors write quite differently and these are the authors that write things that have the most impact. They plumb the depth of meaning in a word so that all its shades and cadences echo in the mind with hints and implications that open the mind up to whole new ways of thinking. The legalist might think that God is the first kind of author because that is what they want, words that they can use like nails to pin God down and make Him do their bidding.

But I think that God is the latter kind of author that speaks to everyone with the full meaning of words and even breathes new life into words and phrases so that they light up our minds and fire our creative thinking -- that is, they inspire us -- and not the same way with everyone. Let us dispense here and now with that tired old manipulative lie that organized religions like to tell, that "God is not a God of confusion" -- twisting the words of Paul way out of context. When you read Genesis chapter 11 you see that "au contraire" God most certainly IS a God of confusion when it comes to encouraging the diversity of human thought, just as He created all the natural world with a diversity that staggers our minds (eg. 300,000 different species of just beetles).

jaareshiah said:
Jesus gave a commission
Yes and that commission is to share the good news -- the gospel -- and despite the intellectual blackmail that the legalists may turned this into, sharing the good news is NOT about telling people that they have to believe what you tell them to believe if they don't want to be tortured for an eternity. Using Christianity for manipulations and power games is NOT the great commission.

What then is the good news that we must share? That Christ died for us on the cross? Yes, but how is that good news? Well it is two pronged message. Yes sin kills, BUT God loves us. He loves us so much that He willingly bore the consequences of our sin. If we love Him then we will turn from our sin, if not for the sake of the fact that it killing us, then maybe because it killed Him. It is a lot like the kind of wake up call that a drunk driver might get when someone they loved died in an accident because they were driving the car they were in while drunk. The point is that the love of God is NOT a sappy indulgent sort of love that gives us whatever stupid thing we demand, but makes it blazingly clear that sins WILL destroy us -- crushing all life, hope, free will and joy from our souls forever. We must change, but He WILL change us if we want Him to.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Furthermore, I think the question about God's definition of "sin" is a little cracked. Only an incredibly legalistic approach to the Bible and God would think of such a question. I think it is kind of like asking what brand of apsirin does God use.

I'm glad you brought that point up. It is true, that many people would consider some things a 'sin' when they are not...more over, it is getting down to defining specifically what branch of 'sinning' or 'faith' we are talking about.

Ok yeah I admit we can make a bit more sense of the question by rephrasing it. Presuming that the Bible is the word of God, and I do, then what does He as an author mean by this word in this book that He wrote? Well some human authors do write that way, using their own definition of word as if they are writing the book to themselves alone. But other human authors write quite differently and these are the authors that write things that have the most impact. They plumb the depth of meaning in a word so that all its shades and cadences echo in the mind with hints and implications that open the mind up to whole new ways of thinking. The legalist might think that God is the first kind of author because that is what they want, words that they can use like nails to pin God down and make Him do their bidding.

See? Man manipulates God as well. Hm...or thats at least what I got out of it. I don't want to be a pecker :D, but the way you explained it, made it seem like God's intervention was false.

But I think that God is the latter kind of author that speaks to everyone with the full meaning of words and even breathes new life into words and phrases so that they light up our minds and fire our creative thinking -- that is, they inspire us -- and not the same way with everyone. Let us dispense here and now with that tired old manipulative lie that organized religions like to tell, that "God is not a God of confusion" -- twisting the words of Paul way out of context. When you read Genesis chapter 11 you see that "au contraire" God most certainly IS a God of confusion when it comes to encouraging the diversity of human thought, just as He created all the natural world with a diversity that staggers our minds (eg. 300,000 different species of just beetles).

I find it hard that you truly believe that. If that was so, then the whole Satan is evil, God is good speel would have never existed. If God truly did want us to interperate and percieve with an open mind, then he would have never of 'protected' humans from Satan. Being Satanic itself is a different way of thinking and perception, not typical to the standard being. Though many people are capable of such things, most of them are too indifferent to realize their potentials. It is all about expression and who stands for what they believe. Too many people give bad names to things of virtue. Mostly it is because the individual does not understand what is in front of them, or has been told right away that, a Satanic person is a bad person. True arrogance is condemning what is not understood. Of course, this does not apply to anyone here :D.

Yes and that commission is to share the good news -- the gospel -- and despite the intellectual blackmail that the legalists may turned this into, sharing the good news is NOT about telling people that they have to believe what you tell them to believe if they don't want to be tortured for an eternity. Using Christianity for manipulations and power games is NOT the great commission.

Interesting that you say that. Christians have always been using such a tactic. History does indeed have much to reveal about this.

What then is the good news that we must share? That Christ died for us on the cross? Yes, but how is that good news? Well it is two pronged message. Yes sin kills, BUT God loves us. He loves us so much that He willingly bore the consequences of our sin. If we love Him then we will turn from our sin, if not for the sake of the fact that it killing us, then maybe because it killed Him. It is a lot like the kind of wake up call that a drunk driver might get when someone they loved died in an accident because they were driving the car they were in while drunk. The point is that the love of God is NOT a sappy indulgent sort of love that gives us whatever stupid thing we demand, but makes it blazingly clear that sins WILL destroy us -- crushing all life, hope, free will and joy from our souls forever. We must change, but He WILL change us if we want Him to.

Change? Change how? All life is Sin. To get away from it, is death. And I don't know about you, but I love my life, the path I walk, and the sin that drips from my very body.

"Songs to pave the seasons
Wounds to follow birth
Cries to carry through the night
Wombs to feed the Earth"
Be'Lakor

I find that stanza to hold a lot of meaning...

The things we have labeled for what is, give birth to perception of seasons.
All life is bound to be wounded in some way or another, it is inevitable, as all life does die. There is no way around death, as you cannot justify something that does not percieve.
Tears seem to be a greater role in shaping the youth. Depending on how some emotions are taken care of, the person will develop into the perception that has been forced down upon them since childhood. More along the lines of, the child will walk the path set before them, since you cannot actually make someone percieve or be in the same manner as you, but you can set them down the same path.
And wombs to feed to Earth...that is pretty much self explanitory, for we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Lust.:D

If it is a sin to be natural, then the Christian faith is not for me. For who are they, to tell me how to be?

Last edited:

The "good news of the kingdom" that Jesus said his disciples would preach throughout the earth, is not "telling people that they have to believe what you tell them to believe if they don'y want to be tortured for an eternity." For one, the Bible does not teach that people that disregard God's word will be tormented for an eternity.

At Jeremiah 7, God says of the two-tribe kingdom of Judah, that "the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes....And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the valley of Hinnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart."(Jer 7:30, 31)

Thus, God is appalled at the thought of tormenting anyone, for he condemned the two-tribe kingdom of Judah for the practice of ' burning their sons and daughters in the fire', revealing that even the thought "had not come up into (his) heart."

The "good news of the kingdom" is exactly what it says - good news. Why ? Because it reveals, through the kingdom "government"(Isa 9:6, King James Bible) what God will soon do to restore what our forefather Adam lost for all of his offspring, the hope of living forever on a paradise earth, in which sin is removed permanently, with the result that God "will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain (of heart) be anymore. The former things have passed away. And the One seated on the throne said: "Look ! I am making all things new." Also. he says: "Write, because these words are faithful and true."(Rev 21:4, 5)

This is indeed good news, for the earth to be restored to its original paradise state, with righteous individuals living on it forever without fear of death, no more sadness, sickness or "pain of heart."

David was inspired to write that "the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."(Ps 37:29) David further wrote that these would have an "abundance of peace" on the earth.(Ps 37:11) This is the best of news ! Hence, Jesus said that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end (of this system of things) will come."(Matt 24:14)

MBTlover520

I am one of the only people in existence to survive an aortic dissection and die for 10 hours and come back with no ill effects.

jml03

Lots of interesting tidbits here. One thing that I think of is where it states in the New Testament that none of us can earn our way into Heaven through good works. That salvation was given freely by Jesus to those willing to accept it. I can't just be a good person, in my belief, and go to Heaven. I have to do what Jesus said, repent and be forgiven of your sins.

When I repented of my sins & asked God for forgiveness, I turned away from my sins. It made me more aware of my own personal sinful nature. I sin daily. Paul wrote that he dies daily, meaning he has to repent daily because of his personal sinful nature. None of us will ever be perfect. I feel like God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit talk to me.

When I stretch the truth to my husband about how much I spent at Wal-Mart - God lets me know I am sinning. When I gossip about some girl across town, God lets me know I am sinning. Most people call it a conscience, I call it God's voice.

Anyway, that is how I know what is a sin.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What is God's definition of sin?

If we look in scripture, God says that sin is breaking His law.
"Sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

So what does this mean, what does scripture identify as His law? Is sin breaking God's Ten Commandment law, and since the law of God is perfect (Psalms 19:7), does it need changing? Or do the Commandments cover "the whole duty of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13.

If they cover the whole duty of man, what do they tell us to do. If we look at them carefully we see the Commandments in the first four show love for God, the next six show love for our fellowman. So lets see how Christ explains it:

The Greatest Commandment
34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it:'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Thus was Christ covering all 10 when asked about them...

sin is much more then not obeying a given law

the original word in hebrew chat‧ta’th′ means to 'miss' in the sense of missing a mark. So because we 'miss' the mark of Gods perfect standards of goodness, righteousness, morality etc, we are in a state of sin.

the fact that we do not 'think/behave/act/reason' in the same way that God does means that we are sinners. The only way that we can not sin is to reach his perfect standards in everything.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Lots of interesting tidbits here. One thing that I think of is where it states in the New Testament that none of us can earn our way into Heaven through good works. That salvation was given freely by Jesus to those willing to accept it. I can't just be a good person, in my belief, and go to Heaven. I have to do what Jesus said, repent and be forgiven of your sins.
When I repented of my sins & asked God for forgiveness, I turned away from my sins. It made me more aware of my own personal sinful nature. I sin daily. Paul wrote that he dies daily, meaning he has to repent daily because of his personal sinful nature. None of us will ever be perfect. I feel like God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit talk to me.
When I stretch the truth to my husband about how much I spent at Wal-Mart - God lets me know I am sinning. When I gossip about some girl across town, God lets me know I am sinning. Most people call it a conscience, I call it God's voice.
Anyway, that is how I know what is a sin.

Right, we all must do what Jesus said because as 2nd Peter [3v9b] says God desires all to repent rather then any perish, or be destroyed as the ones of Psalm [92v7] will be destroyed or annihilated forever.

What is the teaching commission that Jesus gave to all Christians at Matthew 28vs19,20?________________

Before the end times of all badness on earth comes Jesus also said that world wide or on a global scale the good news of God's kingdom would be preached first. -Matt 24v14. Who would be doing that spiritual work but Jesus modern-day followers, or how else would it be accomplished?

So besides repentance, dedication and baptism, the proclaiming of the good news would be included in that God's kingdom, or royal government, in the hands of Christ Jesus, will usher in peace on earth toward men of goodwill.
Daniel [2vs34,45] describes God's kingdom as a stone. A stone that will crush all other kingdoms as verse 44 says, and only God's kingdom remains.
- Daniel 7vs13,14. see also Isaiah 9v7.

Allah(God) has defined rules of life which when follow gives us a great life but if we don't follow then it will be harmful not only for us but others Human too. So sin is anything that we do which breaks these Laws.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I was always under the impression that the story in Genesis defined sin rather clearly as: knowing the difference between right and wrong and choosing wrong.

mandapos

Since death is the wages sin pays, then if one could stop sinning one would not die.
At birth parents know a child's leanings will be toward imperfection.

What was the gravity of Adam's sin of disobedience? Adam, created with human perfection, could only disobey God on purpose, whereas imperfect humans can disobey God unintentionally or by mistake. We should strive not to sin deliberately. So anything out of harmony or contrary to God's standards, morals, ways or his will can mar one's relationship with God in word or wrong deed. Lack of faith is the sin that easily entangles a person. -Hebrews 12:1 B.
James 3:2-8 says about the tongue if any man does not stumble in word is a perfect man.

Since Adam's sin was disobedience, wouldn't disobeying Jesus command of Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20; Luke 22:19 [1st Cor 11:24-29] be a sin?_____________

Every person is born in a state of sin, the sin of Adam. The sacrifices of the Old Testament were not sufficient to forgive sin so God sent His son, Jesus, to be the sacraficial lamb to take away that sin. God's Word in the Bible goes on to say that the ball is now in our court and that we must repent, be baptised and we shall receive the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38). It is only then, that we are born again and become a new creation with that sin forgiven. Rom 8:9 tells us that if we have not received his Holy Spirit, we are none of his. It is plain, that the sin of Adam will remain in those who choose not to seek for the Holy Spirit. The Bible also goes on to tell us that those who have received the Holy Spirit will be part of the first resurrection when Christ returns.
The un-repentant will be part of the second resurrection at the end of the Millenium when they shall be judged by their works. (Rev)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Why do you think God has a definition of Sin ?
Even if He does, why do you think it would be in any way consistent with what we understand as sin?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Why do you think God has a definition of Sin ?
Even if He does, why do you think it would be in any way consistent with what we understand as sin?

Simply because it is a way to contradict ourself, with forbidding life as the ultimate sin.

God has been glorified to be cleansed of sin, yet he too is a victem of his own hipocrisy.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Every person is born in a state of sin, the sin of Adam. The sacrifices of the Old Testament were not sufficient to forgive sin so God sent His son, Jesus, to be the sacraficial lamb to take away that sin. God's Word in the Bible goes on to say that the ball is now in our court and that we must repent, be baptised and we shall receive the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38). It is only then, that we are born again and become a new creation with that sin forgiven. Rom 8:9 tells us that if we have not received his Holy Spirit, we are none of his. It is plain, that the sin of Adam will remain in those who choose not to seek for the Holy Spirit. The Bible also goes on to tell us that those who have received the Holy Spirit will be part of the first resurrection when Christ returns.
The un-repentant will be part of the second resurrection at the end of the Millenium when they shall be judged by their works. (Rev)

Acts [24v15] says there will be a resurrection of the just and unjust.

Yes we are all born imperfect due to Adamic sin.
Adamic sin, or sin inherited from Adam, will remain until the start of Jesus peaceful 1000-year reign over earth starting on earth with the living sheep-like ones of Matthew [25vs31,32].
Jesus 'brothers' of verse 40 will be part of the first resurrection [heavenly] to be part of Rev [5vs9,10] to rule with Jesus. The rest of the dead [just and unjust] will be resurrected after Jesus spiritual 'brothers' but here on earth.

Why say they will not be resurrected until the end of the millennium?
It is at the end of the millennium that Satan is let loose on the living and resurrected mankind. So the resurrected are judged on what they do after they are resurrected and up to the time of Satan being let loose.
They will not be resurrected at the same time that Satan is being let loose.
They will have the majority of Jesus reign to decide if they want to side with Jesus or not, all the while reaching the same human perfection of mind and body that Adam originally had before sinning in disobedience to God.
Satan will be let loose on humanly perfect mankind.

Doesn't Romans [6v7] say the dead are freed or acquitted from sin?
This does not mean innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the charges [sin] no longer sticks.
So, except for those of Matt [12v32]; Hebrews [6vs4-6] all the rest of the dead are acquitted, or as Romans [6v23] says the wages sin pays is: death.
So 'death' is the price tag one pays for sinning. Death also stamps the price tag of sin as: Paid in Full. Since we can not resurrect oneself or another we need someone that can do that for us namely Christ Jesus. All the living and resurrected earthly ones will benefit from Jesus thousand-year reign before Satan is let loose.

budha3

The simple answer of God's definition of sin is that "we forgot." It was actually the need, or desire to express and create, that caused us to exist on this earth. What happened to man was that man got so “caught up “ in his creating, or need to express, that he forgot where he came from. This being caught up in creating or expressing is what is commonly referred to as “the fall of man." Man got so caught up in experiencing in the physical body, that he forgot that he had the ability to leave his body at will. This is also referred to as “entrapment.” It's like when you walk to another area to get something, and you get so caught up in walking, that you forget what you went to that area for in the first place.
We forgot that we came from a light that is so brilliant and beautiful, that there are no human words to describe it. We forgot that all the people on this earth are actually brothers and sisters, and are connected by love. We forgot that we are here to help one another, not to kill each other... We also forgot that our minds are so powerful that we can just think things into existence. We forgot all these things and now we are struggling to get back to God.. The reason why we have four-hundred different religions,, is because people differ in their methods on how to get back to God; we forgot.

budha3

But what of those who have no knowledge of the Holy Spirit.

Orias

Left Hand Path
The simple answer of God's definition of sin is that "we forgot." It was actually the need, or desire to express and create, that caused us to exist on this earth. What happened to man was that man got so “caught up “ in his creating, or need to express, that he forgot where he came from. This being caught up in creating or expressing is what is commonly referred to as “the fall of man." Man got so caught up in experiencing in the physical body, that he forgot that he had the ability to leave his body at will. This is also referred to as “entrapment.” It's like when you walk to another area to get something, and you get so caught up in walking, that you forget what you went to that area for in the first place.
We forgot that we came from a light that is so brilliant and beautiful, that there are no human words to describe it. We forgot that all the people on this earth are actually brothers and sisters, and are connected by love. We forgot that we are here to help one another, not to kill each other... We also forgot that our minds are so powerful that we can just think things into existence. We forgot all these things and now we are struggling to get back to God.. The reason why we have four-hundred different religions,, is because people differ in their methods on how to get back to God; we forgot.

Sin is innevitable, as your very existence is of Sin. We do not have the choice to be brought into existence from NOTHING. As instincual and primal preferance says, reproduce, indulge, survive by any means necesarry. As chimpanzees to use a form of barter :D. It's called sex for food, and it works. Now who is to say that is not the right way to live?

You mistake forgetting with indifference and freedom of perception. Also manipulation and deceit.

People take the 'word' of 'God' and twist it to benefit themselves.

Not all people willingly follow a fanatacal society.

I find the bolded sentence above very true though. As God/Gods are no different.

We have come from no light, except the stars in which gave us our birth right. Nature is the embodiment of darkness, as light comes from the darkness, but also receeds back into it. Our malignance is truth, as we are the direct reflection of nature and nature itself. For a nature to have been created it would have to have already been, nature is not manipulated by any God.

There is and will always be doubt within the conscience, though your words may say otherwise, most are hollow. True faith lies within the tears you shed, when your mind distinguishes the differences between self and lie.

They say we are created in God's image, this must mean we follow his hypocrisy as well, as it is common among many followers to have logical fallacies.

It's mind control, a way to get money out of your pocket.

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God”

The physical body is the only body, for all you truly know is life.

Spirituality does not consist of God or Gods, simply because spirituality is the passing of our ways. As all animals know death and mourn the loss of fellow beings. Weather you chose to believe in a justification of death is up to you, as it is an extension of your fantastical will. But the voices that you give to your perception matter not, because no perception is truth for we just are. So really truth is truth to those who chose to believe in it, weather it is logical or not.

The pinnacle of existence lies not within us, but existence itself.

We may be all 'brothers' and 'sisters' but dispute is among blood and the craving for desire and the better of yourself or 'clan'. You must also acknowledge that hate exists.

As if it were not for hate, love would not exist and vice versa. So we are driven to unite out of fear of the opposition.

The literal meaning for Satan is Opposition or Advesary, which God is in opposition and an advesary to Satan. Therefore God is Satanic.

We are all part of something to great to comprehend. Sympathetic minds swell and pitty themselves with prayer. While the strong and witful become what they are, not something they are not.

There is strength in numbers, but there is also stupidity in numbers. Which causes strife and turmoil. The very separation of our 'brothers' and 'sisters' the one hundered plus different branches of Christianity.

Incompitence is best viewed in the areana, where the fool battles the lion.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Every person is born in a state of sin, the sin of Adam.
Yeah...
The Biblical God does have a thing for punishing children for the sins of their parents.

The sacrifices of the Old Testament were not sufficient to forgive sin so God sent His son, Jesus, to be the sacraficial lamb to take away that sin.
So you agree that your all knowing god intentionally set man up to fail with the OT?
I wonder why god felt the need to go through all the OT in order to send himself as his son so he can be killed in order to satisfy the requirements he set up in the first place....

God's Word in the Bible goes on to say that the ball is now in our court and that we must repent, be baptised and we shall receive the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38). It is only then, that we are born again and become a new creation with that sin forgiven.
Yeah, God seems to have a problem making up his mind just how people are to get to heaven.

Rom 8:9 tells us that if we have not received his Holy Spirit, we are none of his. It is plain, that the sin of Adam will remain in those who choose not to seek for the Holy Spirit.
Again with the punishing the children for the sins of the parents.

The Bible also goes on to tell us that those who have received the Holy Spirit will be part of the first resurrection when Christ returns.
I never did understand why one must be possessed by spirits in order to get into heaven.

So as long as the serial killer has received the holy spirit then they get a free pass into heaven and are not going to be judged by their works?

budha3

How else can we be judged if we never enter into heaven. heaven is not a free pass, it's physics. The judgment is a learning tool not a sentencing. We see the mistakes we've made when viewing the judgment, it is a literal viewing of our life while we were on earth. Hatred is as real as love, and both come out in the judgment; but your intention is key in the judgment, just as your intention is key in our court system. it is your own conscious that convicts you in the judgment. You will not be sentenced to hell-fire, you'll be sentenced to come back here again to give it another try; Jesus was finished with his learning, that's why he doesn't have to return; no matter what your priest or preachers tell you; they don't have a clue.