• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Biblical Faith?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is a difference of when someone gives a critique about something or when someone bashes and ridicules. I can't help it if what i say offends. I am not doing it to hurt anyone's belief. I am stating facts that the Bible has contradictions and in those contradictions say God doesn't make mistakes. That is something normal to do.
I used to think so too, I dont anymore. My belief may be right to me, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to believe or be exactly like me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In Islam, Adam ate from the tree, then Eve. :)
I was Not aware of that teaching that Adam ate first, and it does make me wonder why because in Genesis 'Eve' (who ate first) then gave the forbidden fruit to Adam.
In the Bible it is Adam mentioned as the one that sin entered into the world of mankind.- Romans chapter 5
Eve was deceived but Adam was Not - 1 Timothy 2:14

MyM

I would say MANY so-called Christians (Matthew 7:21-23) believe there are plenty of mistakes in the Bible.
False clergy keep the flock in the dark and what the clergy often teach and what the Bible says often do not match.
That does Not make the Bible as mistakes, but mistakes the clergy of Christendom teach.
Or, as Jesus said they teach commands of men as doctrine - Matthew 15:9
Often teaching church customs or church traditions outside of Scripture but just being taught as being Scripture.
That is what is the No No.

Have you ever read the preface of the NRSV of the Bible? Let me quote it for you. :)
"Yet the King James Version has serious defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of biblical studies and the discovery of many biblical manuscripts more ancient than those on which the King James Version was based made it apparent that these defects were so many as to call for revision."
It is a very interesting preface I might say and it also talks about the Tetragrammaton (YHWH).
It was backed by 50 cooperating denominations and they all agreed.

MyM

I used to think so too, I dont anymore. My belief may be right to me, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to believe or be exactly like me.

I don't say they have to believe like I do. On the contrary I tell them it is up to them to believe or not and there is no compulsion in religion :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is a difference of when someone gives a critique about something or when someone bashes and ridicules. I can't help it if what i say offends. I am not doing it to hurt anyone's belief. I am stating facts that the Bible has contradictions and in those contradictions say God doesn't make mistakes............................

MyM for a start, can you give us just one contradiction that you have in mind. Just one at a time please.

MyM

I was Not aware of that teaching that Adam ate first, and it does make me wonder why because in Genesis 'Eve' (who ate first) then gave the forbidden fruit to Adam.
In the Bible it is Adam mentioned as the one that sin entered into the world of mankind.- Romans chapter 5
Eve was deceived but Adam was Not - 1 Timothy 2:14

In Islam, Adam at first, then the whispers from the evil then they both ate. Then they realized.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't say they have to believe like I do. On the contrary I tell them it is up to them to believe or not and there is no compulsion in religion :)
:confused: that is not the impression i get when reading your discussion or debates in RF :oops: i must have been wrong

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Have you ever read the preface of the NRSV of the Bible? Let me quote it for you. :)
"Yet the King James Version has serious defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of biblical studies and the discovery of many biblical manuscripts more ancient than those on which the King James Version was based made it apparent that these defects were so many as to call for revision."
It is a very interesting preface I might say and it also talks about the Tetragrammaton (YHWH).
It was backed by 50 cooperating denominations and they all agreed.
Language evolves. Paul was in the KJV shambles (back then it was the marketplace) Shambles today is No market.
I don't think the KJV is teaching the Tetragrammaton does Not exist. Google Tetragrammaton.

MyM

MyM for a start, can you give us just one contradiction that you have in mind. Just one at a time please.

sure :)
Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel? (a) God did (2 Samuel 24:1) (b) Satan did (1 Chronicles 21:1).

I have over 100 contradictions.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thing is, in a debate scenario, they come at you gungho! You have to show a little debate spirit. lol But I always tell them, it's up to them to believe. :)
I been in to many RF debates and discussions in my time here. And sometimes I lost my temper...that isn't going to happen again, so I realised that I had to become more tolerant and loving toward those who disagree with my spiritual belief

MyM

Language evolves. Paul was in the KJV shambles (back then it was the marketplace) Shambles today is No market.
I don't think the KJV is teaching the Tetragrammaton does Not exist. Google Tetragrammaton.

But saying language evolves that means to say that God's message should still be in tact, without contradiction, without faults. :) Language does indeed evolve that's for sure.

MyM

I been in to many RF debates and discussions in my time here. And sometimes I lost my temper...that isn't going to happen again, so I realised that I had to become more tolerant and loving toward those who disagree with my spiritual belief

I can be very tolerable. I can be very passive. I can be very persuasive. I can be very persistent. I can be very mean if it calls for it. But my nature as a Muslim is first to be humble. It does get to one when they start bashing and lying and ridiculing Islam, and one must be calm and cool and collected about it, but when they insult me personally and the religion, I will call them out on it and finish with them, just like I did with that K person. He did nothing but bash and wouldn't listen to a word I said and ruined my nice thread. People like that ya just gotta realize that it's no use in sinking to their level and ya gotta move on. I don't understand why people hate so much. I guess they just feel threatened.

Audie

Veteran Member
I find at Acts of the Apostles 28:4-6 that the people notice thinking that Paul had been bitten and they expected Paul to swell up. However, Paul was Not bitten but simply shook off (verse 5) that venomous serpent leaving Paul unharmed.

I know the story better than you do.

Thats why i noticed its a fake, and, you
didnt.

Audie

Veteran Member
I can be very tolerable. I can be very passive. I can be very persuasive. I can be very persistent. I can be very mean if it calls for it. But my nature as a Muslim is first to be humble. It does get to one when they start bashing and lying and ridiculing Islam, and one must be calm and cool and collected about it, but when they insult me personally and the religion, I will call them out on it and finish with them, just like I did with that K person. He did nothing but bash and wouldn't listen to a word I said and ruined my nice thread. People like that ya just gotta realize that it's no use in sinking to their level and ya gotta move on. I don't understand why people hate so much. I guess they just feel threatened.

Use the ig function