• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Biblical Faith?

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, I did address about Paul and that real snake at Acts of the Apostles 28:3-6.
Luke writes letting us know at Verse 5 Paul was able to 'shake off' the viper/snake.
The people (Not Paul) came to the conclusion in verse 6 that Paul was a god.

You did not address my observation that it is a scam, a phony story.
No interest in analyzing things you
believe in? They dont even have
poisonous snakes on that island.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You did not address my observation that it is a scam, a phony story.No interest in analyzing things you believe in? They dont even have poisonous snakes on that island.

Interesting ^ above ^ as I was Not aware that 'today' there are No poisonous snakes there.
As we see population increase today, over the centuries such vipers living back then could have been eradicated because of population increase getting rid of them.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If humans had biblical faith no man is God and don't name God otherwise life DNA genesis will get removed from the book writers DNA reporting.

Since Jesus has human life suffered stigmata itself?

Yes.

How many forms blood flesh cell bone conditions?

Human life sick suffering dying? A huge list of new losses.

Do you have faith no man is God?

Do you stand before your father at death and see his image...human?

Yes says a lot of humans experience. As sex by father when he was alive created you. So are you a baby life sacrificed human?

Yes says all of humanity.

Audie

Veteran Member
Interesting ^ above ^ as I was Not aware that 'today' there are No poisonous snakes there.
As we see population increase today, over the centuries such vipers living back then could have been eradicated because of population increase getting rid of them.
Possible though there is no record
they ever existed there.
So, possible, sort of.
Or an ad hoc "explanation"

A viper bite is too quick to see, and they
dont cling.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O earth God as the God.

Above God O the heavens one body mass owning no explanation.

Theist scientist. Men who agreed as brothers.

Each one self just a man. But a group mind agreed. First man's false God.

Said let me think about the planets gases by its heavens.

One side burning.
One side clear not alight but was burning.

He said two gases and he lied. As that is our dimwitted brother firstborn person. The I am innocent liar.

Why he made sin holes in earth.

Sink hole nuclear mass conversion UFO fallout O balled radiation mass.

Fell out of the cloud cooling instead of being voided vacuum sucked out.

Our water oxygen life support spirit went into the hole. Irradiating stopped as mass water evaporation out of stone gone.

The evaporation spirit came arose back out of sin hole. Mind notified as we live water oxygenated.

Total reasoning reasoned.

I never knew earth God held radiation mass of the sun inside it's body. I thought only dust did.

Learnt what a liar is as a scientist.

Water oxygen our life human biology. Evaporated abducted by mass earth conversion. Went up into heavens sky...went down into sin holes then returned.

Not once being any CH gas.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Besides Genesis 3:14 any thoughts about Genesis 3:1
A literal snake/serpent was Not speaking to Eve.
( Eve should have realized and been suspicious that animals don't talk )
Sinner Satan merely used that animal as a ventriloquist uses his dummy.
Like a puppeteer, Satan pulled at Eve's heartstrings - her desire to be her own goddess.
Be her own goddess to choose what was right or what was wrong regardless of what God said.
Neither of those verses says anything about the snake being Satan.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Neither of those verses says anything about the snake being Satan.
I don't think anyone is saying that Genesis chapter 3 mentions naming Satan as that snake 'in the grass'.
Genesis is one place the answer is Not named until the 12th chapter of Revelation.
However, Ezekiel 28:13-19 gives us a descriptive vivid word picture to help put the pieces together.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And it doesn't even say "snake" to begin with.
Some people do say snake while others say serpent.
Turns out that Serpent Satan proves to be that proverbial ' snake in the grass ', so to speak .
- Revelation 12:9,12; Revelation 20:2; 2 Corinthians 11:3

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I don't think anyone is saying that Genesis chapter 3 mentions naming Satan as that snake 'in the grass'.
Genesis is one place the answer is Not named until the 12th chapter of Revelation.
However, Ezekiel 28:13-19 gives us a descriptive vivid word picture to help put the pieces together.
Not interested in what Revelation has to say.

Ezekiel 28 is a highly figurative passage about the King of Tyre.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By this I mean, what does the Bible say faith is, and what it entails?

Faith is belief that comes from hearing or reading the testimony of others. I have never seen Paris, New York City, or Beijing, but I have faith that they exist because I have read about them from reliable sources. Faith is also, more broadly, the foundation of our hope as Christians. Because of our belief in the testimony of those long past, written for us in the Bible, we have hope and look forward to the fulfillment of its promises. (Heb. 11:1, paraphrased)

Hebrews 11 gives us a picture of what faithful men did because of their faith.

By faith, Abel offered a more excellent sacrifice than Cain.
By faith, Noah prepared the ark.
By faith, Abraham went left home without knowing where he was going, dwelt there as a foreigner, sacrificed his son.

So, Biblical faith is faith which causes obedience to God.

James 2:14-26 says, "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, 'You have faith, and I have works.' Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.' And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

So what do we learn by these passages about faith? We must believe, we must obey, and we must do good works, all to have a faith that saves us. Notice that belief is not enough. No one professing to be a Christian believes that the demons are saved, but even they believe that Jesus is the Son of God! Many say this is enough to save someone, but this passage directly refutes that!

Faith and obedience are inextricably linked. But so many say that only faith is required. Should we believe God or men? Must we obey as well as believe to be saved from our sins?
I think that saved and delivered might have become the same. We cannot be saved from sin. Sin will always have consequences. To be delivered from sin might just mean to be veer away from sin's trappings.

MyM

The direct translation is "serpent", but which one is unspecified.

In Islam, it doesn't mention a snake there is no explicit proof.

“Then Shaytaan (Satan) whispered suggestions to them both in order to uncover that which was hidden from them of their private parts (before); he said: ‘Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save you should become angels or become of the immortals.’
And he (Shaytaan (Satan)) swore by Allah to them both (saying): ‘Verily, I am one of the sincere well-wishers for you both’”
[al-A‘raaf 7:20-21]

And

“Then Shaytaan (Satan) whispered to him, saying : ‘O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away?’”
[Ta-Ha 20:120].

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Like I said, it is a highly figurative passage. Just like I can call my kids little angels, the King of Tyre is referred to as a cherub.
You're not alone in your thinking, but where the dirge about King of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:12-19) is concerned that simply parallels the course taken by Satan.
Not the King of Tyre, but cherubic Satan is linked to Eden. The king's puffed-up course was likened to Satan's.
Such a wrong course did Not original with the King of Tyre but originated with Satan in Eden.
If we become haughty as the King of Tyre became we will be fashioning one's self after sinner Satan.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..........And..........“Then Shaytaan (Satan) whispered to him, saying : ‘O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away?’”
[Ta-Ha 20:120].
Interesting ^ above ^ but I find in the Bible, God already gave Adam access to the Tree of Eternity ( Tree of Life ).
It was only the ' tree of knowledge of good and bad " that was the Forbidden Tree.- Genesis 2:17
Adam and Eve were already told to reproduce 'before' they sinned according to Genesis 1:28 to be fruitful.

MyM

Interesting ^ above ^ but I find in the Bible, God already gave Adam access to the Tree of Eternity ( Tree of Life ).
It was only the ' tree of knowledge of good and bad " that was the Forbidden Tree.- Genesis 2:17
Adam and Eve were already told to reproduce 'before' they sinned according to Genesis 1:28 to be fruitful.

Hello :)

In Islam, we know that the books before the Quran was brought down, that they have been altered by the hands of men. The Bible has many contradictions that many Christian theologists have admitted to. So, in saying that, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the order of sequence has been messed up. :)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In Islam, we know that the books before the Quran was brought down, that they have been altered by the hands of men.
That is virtually impossible to prove since we do not have any of the original texts.

MyM

That is virtually impossible to prove since we do not have any of the original texts.

That is where you are wrong. The Quran has not been changed for over 1400 years and you say there aren't original pft