• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Biblical Faith?

Clara Tea

No matter how big and strong a belief
is it can still be completely misguided.

Why not accept "blind faith" as what it is,
an honour even?

Theres no proof, not even any material evidence. If there were, theres no need for,
no value to faith.
Just feelings.
The so-common protest that its really
NOT blind faith is, really, what we call
"protesting too much".

We're here. Did someone make us? Who made them? Who made the maker of them?....ad infinitum.

Did God always exist? Did the universe always exist without being created?

It seems simpler to assume that the universe was always there, rather than believe that God was always there and created the universe.

Clara Tea

No matter how big and strong a belief
is it can still be completely misguided.

Why not accept "blind faith" as what it is,
an honour even?

Theres no proof, not even any material evidence. If there were, theres no need for,
no value to faith.
Just feelings.
The so-common protest that its really
NOT blind faith is, really, what we call
"protesting too much".

Faith and trust are almost the same. Usually faith involves trust in a God.

Some say that atheists don't have faith/trust, and demand proof of everything before they accept it. Yet, they trust that wifes won't leave them, and that the sun will rise. They trust that cars won't intentionally run them over.

If it was not for faith, everyone would have to stay indoors.

It seems simpler to assume that the universe was always there, rather than believe that God was always there and created the universe.
Not really, both are beyond what our minds can comprehend.
God has life in Himself, is eternal, no beginning or end and is the Creator - life begets life
Or
The non living Universe always was around and an ordered planet Earth with life sprang up in the middle of it and nowhere else that we can see.

Besides the fact that God made Himself known, option 1 makes more sense.

Clara Tea

“But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then

Faith comes by hearing God and believing what He said, in this verse it’s the Gospel, His Word, if you believe/trust what God said you will demonstrate this by your good works and people will see your changed life. God also gives you a guarantee of His promise, the Holy Spirit to be able to live a holy life and die to sin.

“In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:13-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:1-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Some doubt that God exists. Isaiah said "faith comes by hearing God and believing what He said." So, if the doubters hear God (and know that it is God), and believe God, that should prove that God exists.

Hearing God proves that God exists. Can we be certain that it was God that we heard?

When Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, God put Satan in charge of earth and men. Has Satan been the one that we pray to every day? Is Satan the one that gets our soul?

Some doubt that God exists. Isaiah said "faith comes by hearing God and believing what He said." So, if the doubters hear God (and know that it is God), and believe God, that should prove that God exists.

Hearing God proves that God exists. Can we be certain that it was God that we heard?

When Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, God put Satan in charge of earth and men. Has Satan been the one that we pray to every day? Is Satan the one that gets our soul?

When a person receives the Gospel and born again they are filled with the Holy Spirit and can now discern the truth from error.

“And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:1-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Audie

Veteran Member
Faith and trust are almost the same. Usually faith involves trust in a God.

Some say that atheists don't have faith/trust, and demand proof of everything before they accept it. Yet, they trust that wifes won't leave them, and that the sun will rise. They trust that cars won't intentionally run them over.

If it was not for faith, everyone would have to stay indoors.

Plz, dont equivocate faith that the stove will cook your food with Faith in God. Who even speaks of his faith that the sun will rise.

Note I said " material evidence".
I should have left out the word
"proof" even in the informal way
I used it.

You do recognize the very powerful
material evidence for a dependable
sunrise. There is no virtue involved
in belief in it.

People have Faith in every god and spirit ever
worshipped.
No material evidence for any of them.
Blind faith.

Notice how Faith is such a virtue in
your religion.
Solid evidence would mean theres
no need for, no virtue in Faith.

Audie

Veteran Member

A Mormon i talked to told me he heard God say the BOM is true.
I rather think he was imagiming things.

Audie

Veteran Member
We're here. Did someone make us? Who made them? Who made the maker of them?....ad infinitum.

Did God always exist? Did the universe always exist without being created?

Really? The default assumption is always some sort of god.
You dont find infinite regression in tribal
religions.

In the event, simple explanations are for
simple minds.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Faith is an inexplicable gift.
IMO, that doesn't make sense, since why would God give that faith to Joe but not John?

IOW, there has to be conditions attached to this before it makes any sense to me.

MyM

An inquiring mind wants to know. There is No 3-god head.
I am using the King James translation as found at Numbers 11:17,25 and there we find the word "it" in connection to God's spirit.
An 'it' is Not a person. God's spirit 'it' is a neuter 'it'.
Even in English we speak of a car or a ship as a 'she' but we know they are always a neuter 'it'.
So, Christendom (so-called Christian) falsely teaches God's spirit to be a person.
God sends forth His spirit ( His power/ His strength ) Not a person - Psalms 104:30.

Jesus only taught to pray to his God in the heavens - Our Father who art in Heaven......
Jesus only taught to worship only his God according to John 4:23-24
The resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus sits at Not his own hand, but at God's hand. - Revelation 3:21,12.

So, what is confusing is 'so-called Christian', Not the genuine 'wheat' Christians but the fake 'weed/tares' Christians.

Before Paul spoke of the resurrection, I find Jesus did at John 5:28-29.
Jesus demonstrated the Resurrection Power at John 11:11-14 when Jesus resurrected his dead friend back to life.
Paul details about two (2) resurrections: A heavenly resurrection for some. Some as Jesus described at Luke 22:28-30 in connection to Daniel 7:18, and an earthly resurrection for most people.

Remember: All the resurrections Jesus performed were all physical resurrections, that is why Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit (Not heaven) but inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11.

Right, loving is Not a new commandment. The Golden Rule is loving and to love neighbor as self.
What is New about Jesus' New Commandment (John 13:34-35) is to now love neighbor MORE than self.
A self-sacrificing love to the point as Jesus loved us.

Trinity-is indeed a 3-Godhead -Father a supreme being, the son is supposedly the son of the Surpreme Being, holy ghost taught as spirit as a HE. These three are 3 distinctive beings. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 3 not 1 but 3.
Remember that the trinity Paul took it upon himself as he said so in the New Testament to claim the trinity/resurrection if you don't believe it would be in vain. (was like he was preaching the Gospel not Jesus)
About the love...Jesus didn't bring anything new to the table lol :) In Islam, actually you are to love for your brother what you want for yourself. Perhaps that is what he was meaning.

Still, Jesus was sent to the house of Israel not to mankind. He said so.

The word IT and the new testament makes it a HE...here is what I mean, you can pull things out of the Bible, give your own explanation as to maybe that is what it means yet you were dealing with the new testament...all taught monotheism. None of the prophets and messengers in the Old Testament taught polytheism. They all taught the oneness of Allah. Jesus did as well. One God he even said it himself but it was Paul who declared.

In Islam, you cannot be a Muslim if you don't believe in Allah, all his prophets, his angels, fate, his books and the hereafter. When it comes to the prophets, we know they are infallible with the revelations and we must have faith in them and in that hopes to gain paradise. Doesn't mean someone has to die for someone and that faith is going to take you. In Islam, Jesus never died. He was taken up to await for his second coming.

Remember: John 5:30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
Does this verse really seem to be saying he is God?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Trinity-is indeed a 3-Godhead -Father a supreme being, the son is supposedly the son of the Surpreme Being, holy ghost taught as spirit as a HE. These three are 3 distinctive beings. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 3 not 1 but 3.
Remember that the trinity Paul took it upon himself as he said so in the New Testament to claim the trinity/resurrection if you don't believe it would be in vain. (was like he was preaching the Gospel not Jesus)
About the love...Jesus didn't bring anything new to the table lol :) In Islam, actually you are to love for your brother what you want for yourself. Perhaps that is what he was meaning.
Still, Jesus was sent to the house of Israel not to mankind. He said so.
The word IT and the new testament makes it a HE...here is what I mean, you can pull things out of the Bible, give your own explanation as to maybe that is what it means yet you were dealing with the new testament...all taught monotheism. None of the prophets and messengers in the Old Testament taught polytheism. They all taught the oneness of Allah. Jesus did as well. One God he even said it himself but it was Paul who declared.
In Islam, you cannot be a Muslim if you don't believe in Allah, all his prophets, his angels, fate, his books and the hereafter. When it comes to the prophets, we know they are infallible with the revelations and we must have faith in them and in that hopes to gain paradise. Doesn't mean someone has to die for someone and that faith is going to take you. In Islam, Jesus never died. He was taken up to await for his second coming.
Remember: John 5:30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
Does this verse really seem to be saying he is God?

I don't know why you keep on bringing up the non-biblical trinity.
There is No triune God in the Bible.
Please read Psalm 90:2 because it says God is from everlasting ( No beginning for God)
Whereas, pre-human Jesus was "IN" the beginning but Not ' before ' the beginning as his God/Creator was.
Paul never preached any trinity.
Trinity is a false clergy concept a teaching outside of Scripture just being taught as being Scripture.
Please read John 20:17 There is No biblical trinity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
...............When Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, God put Satan in charge of earth and men................

Yipes ! I never read God put sinner Satan in charge of earth and men.
Rather, When Adam broke away from his God by disobeying his God, then it was ADAM who put Satan in charge.
ADAM, Not God, set up People Rule as superior to God Rule.
Only the passing of time would show whose rulership is superior: Man's or God's.
Mankind's long history now shows that MAN (Not God) has dominated MAN to MAN's hurt, MAN's injury - Ecclesiastes 8:9

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trinity is a false clergy concept a teaching outside of Scripture just being taught as being Scripture.
Please read John 20:17 There is No biblical trinity.
Simply put, you do not understand the Trinitarian concept based on what you posted above. It's all fine & dandy to disagree with the concept once understood, and I personally sharply question it, but at least get the concept right.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, they really don't. For example, Abraham had faith, aka he trusted God. He did not believe in the messiah -- the whole idea of the messiah was unknown to him.
Apparently, God's promise was Not unknown to wife Sarah - Genesis 21:12 B
Which we also find God's promise at Genesis 22:18 ' seed ' is singular which to me corresponds to Genesis 3:15.
So, to me Jesus proved to be that promised 'seed' or Messiah.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Simply put, you do not understand the Trinitarian concept based on what you posted above. It's all fine & dandy to disagree with the concept once understood, and I personally sharply question it, but at least get the concept right.
What concept? Isn't God from everlasting as Psalms 90:2 says______
Meaning concept is: that God had No beginning because God is from everlasting. ( from before anything else)
Whereas, per-human heavenly Jesus whom God sent to Earth for us was Not from everlasting.
Pre-human heavenly Jesus was "IN" the beginning, but No where does is say Jesus was 'before' the beginning.
Even the resurrected Jesus, before he ascended to heaven, at John 20:17 thought he had a God over him.
Now please notice that the then resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to John at Revelation 3:12.
Also, there is more than one throne mentioned at Revelation 3:21.
Why would one person with three heads need more than one throne _______

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I too love Jesus with all my heart. You cannot be a Muslim without loving Jesus or all the prophets and messengers of God. I don't understand why Christians, well actually I kinda do understand ...see when I became a Muslim (my parents are still Christians), they automatically thought I was denying Jesus. But all I was denying was exactly what he didn't teach in the Bible but what they believe. I denied him as God. But to them it was denying God. They said that I didn't know Jesus anymore :) I was stunned. I just told them Jesus never said he was God and he never did say the word trinity in his life nor the word Christianity was ever uttered from his Mouth. But besides that, they just kept on saying I was denying Jesus. I told them he was a mighty messenger of God, he performed miracles with God's permission, He cured and healed the sick with God's permission as he said he himself can do nothing but by God. They said I denied the resurrection and the death of Jesus. I asked them exactly why do you believe that God dies? They didn't answer but switched to Jesus again. It was an ever-ending circle. May God show them the way. Now, everything is fine, we accept each other, love each other for they find no fault in my actions but still very hesitant to discuss with me since they know I have an answer and they get confused. But that is ok :) I only want them to understand, I am not pressuring them and they stopped on their side as well. We get along peacefully and actually now they come to me and ask questions now and I answer them honestly.
May Allah guide us all ameen

I wonder why you say Allah when Jesus said he was the guide to his God.
Jesus in Scripture is the genuine guide whereas ' Christendom ' ( so-called Christian ) is a false guide.
Or, as Jesus said that MANY would come in his name proving false - Matthew 7:21-23.
It is the 'fake weed/tares' Christendom, Not genuine 'wheat' Christianity that often teaches church tradition, church customs as Scripture when No Scripture such as trinity and a literal hell fire is scriptural.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes Preaching is a Good work!
Praying is a good work..
Alms giving is a Good work.. EVEN...
URAVIP2ME
even giving a glass of water to a child is a Good work!
What MUST you do to be saved?
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live
.”
Jesus did not lie.. You MUST LOVE to be saved! MUST Give from the heart like the Sheep do.. These Sheep are judged Righteous at the last Judgement!
URAVIP2ME The Goats are those who say "All you need is faith ALONE" this teaching is a Man made TRADITION! The idea of "Faith ALONE" was unheard of for the first 1700 years it came about in the "Great De-Formation"! These Goats are Protestants!

Yes, Jesus answered correctly at verse 27 because Jesus kept the Law and he was still under the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel - Leviticus 19:18
Since Pentecost (Christianity) now John 13:34-35 applies.
Jesus gave a NEW commandment to now love others as he loved others.
In other words, we are Now to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
So, we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self, MORE than the old Mosaic Law of Leviticus 19:18.

As far as MUST be saved please notice Matthew 24:13,
The one who endures to the end is saved ( delivered / rescued )
So, it is endure faithful to death, or be found faithful at the coming judgement separating time - Matthew 25:31-33,37,
Be found faithful in following Jesus' instruction as found at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
I suppose one could call that ' faith in action '. Believing and acting upon one's belief in Jesus' instruction.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Nothing in this verse says anything about Sarah knowing about a messiah.
Sorry I was Not more clear. I was connecting the first prophecy of Genesis 3:15 (coming 'seed' singular) to what God promised Sarah at Genesis 21:12 (a singular seed) That promised 'seed' coming only through one son: Isaac.
True the word Messiah does Not appear until Daniel 9:25-26. ( Mashiach )