• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Irks You Most About Theists And Deists?

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Another type of Eist is a "Panatheist", which I assume is somebody who doesn't believe in pans.

ecco

Veteran Member
Basic comprehension includes understanding the context within which a statement is made.

Well as you're using the term theist when you actually mean creationist the comprehension problem isn't mine

What a silly thing to say. I am well aware that most theists are not creationists. I know many theists, only a few are creationists.

Nevertheless, since you made the assertion, you can easily show where I conflated theist with creationist. Or, you can just admit to being less than truthful. You won't just duck and dodge, right?

ecco

Veteran Member
Another type of Eist is a "Panatheist", which I assume is somebody who doesn't believe in pans.
Wrong. It's someone who has religious beliefs about Pana.

You had the em pha sis on the wrong Syl lab le.

It's not Pan Atheist. It's Pana Theist.

ETA: Pana. In Inuit mythology, Pana was the god who cared for souls in the underworld before they were reincarnated.

Darkforbid

What a silly thing to say. I am well aware that most theists are not creationists. I know many theists, only a few are creationists.

Nevertheless, since you made the assertion, you can easily show where I conflated theist with creationist. Or, you can just admit to being less than truthful. You won't just duck and dodge, right?

OK YOU POSTED

What Irks You Most About Theists?

When they say (or imply):

• I believe in Evolution - Micro evolution.
I asked why you found theists saying that irksome, you replied

It is irksome because they try to imply that they believe in ToE, but then say they do not believe in "Macro Evolution". Trying to explain that, if they don't believe in all of it,
they can't say they believe in ToE

How is that not you saying all theist are creationists

Martin

Wrong. It's someone who has religious beliefs about Pana.

You had the em pha sis on the wrong Syl lab le.

It's not Pan Atheist. It's Pana Theist.

ETA: Pana. In Inuit mythology, Pana was the god who cared for souls in the underworld before they were reincarnated.

Ah, panna cotta. It makes sense now.

ecco

Veteran Member

OK YOU POSTED

What Irks You Most About Theists?

When they say (or imply):

• I believe in Evolution - Micro evolution.
I asked why you found theists saying that irksome, you replied

It is irksome because they try to imply that they believe in ToE, but then say they do not believe in "Macro Evolution". Trying to explain that, if they don't believe in all of it,
they can't say they believe in ToE

How is that not you saying all theist are creationists

Because, all theists don't say "I believe in Evolution, just not macro-evolution". Those that do say that are creationists.

Many theists just believe in Evolution. No silly qualifiers. I really don't care if you do or do not understand the difference. I am not going to waste any more time trying to teach you 6th grade American English.

Darkforbid

Because, all theists don't say "I believe in Evolution, just not macro-evolution". Those that do say that are creationists.

Many theists just believe in Evolution. No silly qualifiers. I really don't care if you do or do not understand the difference. I am not going to waste any more time trying to teach you 6th grade American English.

**** off then, I'm bored having to repeat the same **** over n over

Darkforbid

I'm just sick of these f*#%&@g theists and deists all saying that their God or Gods are the one true God or Gods and that I should follow them and believe them when all of them have the same amount of evidence in support of their beliefs, which is faith, which is basically like zero evidence. And even those that don't push their beliefs on others irk me because they hold on to their superstitious, unprovable beliefs with all its delusional, magical thinking like f#%k! Learn to be a little doubtful of your beliefs! :mad::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:cool:

What learn something, like different theological views of God aren't different God's.

Martin

I
Was this addressed to me? And if it was, what does the mantra mean?

It's a reference to that profound scripture "The God Delusion" by Saint Dawkins.
Unfortunately my Latin is rusty, and I think the mantra actually translates as "God is delusional". Don't mention this to Richard though, he might think its an affirmation of God's existence.

A dude

What learn something, like different theological views of God aren't different God's.
Actually some of them hold contradictory beliefs about God not just different beliefs but flat out contradictory beliefs about God, so yes they are in effect different Gods.

syo

there are theists who force their religion on others. i don't like that at all!

ecco

Veteran Member
Without repeating myself what irks me about atheists is that you guys cannot see or experience the divine essence in life as I see it.

Why should that irk you?

Because atheists will say that I'm imagining or conjuring these feelings which devalues my experience.

You said you get irked because we do not "see or experience the divine essence in life". Now you are saying you get irked because you project about what we will say. That is different.