• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if.......

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Ancient extraterrestrials informed the world leaders and then the world that humanity descends from them as in what if while the Earth was young human beings were bred on this earth because some sort of ancient alien race feared their species would die off and thus used their DNA to create humans on earth. Knowing this, would this change your spiritual/religious view? Would the inclusion of this axiom augment your worldview? I got this idea from the movie Mission to Mars which came out in the year 2000. This was a concept in the movie and wondered how people would think.

*Edit: My last post for a cool minute but I'll read your responses. I look forward to see what you guys think

danieldemol

Premium Member
Ancient extraterrestrials informed the world leaders and then the world that humanity descends from them as in what if while the Earth was young human beings were bred on this earth because some sort of ancient alien race feared their species would die off and thus used their DNA to create humans on earth. Knowing this, would this change your spiritual/religious view? Would the inclusion of this axiom augment your worldview? I got this idea from the movie Mission to Mars which came out in the year 2000. This was a concept in the movie and wondered how people would think.

*Edit: My last post for a cool minute but I'll read your responses. I look forward to see what you guys think
It wouldn't change mine greatly, because even if aliens seeded our human race for the length of time we have been around there would have been adaptation via natural selection to suit the local environment, plus even the aliens themselves would have evolved from somewhere.

In my opinion

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

I think there was a Nobel laureate who held this view, but I can't remember his name. But as @danieldemol said, the aliens too would have to have come from somewhere. I'm not sure I would be especially bothered. I'm not aware that such a reality contradicts Judaism.

Suave

Simulated character

I have already accepted the hypothesis we are them, we are descendants of extraterrestrial intelligence,; this being evident by intelligently designed mathematical patterns found in our genetic code. Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle. Based on this signal of intelligence left in our genetic code, I suspect our genetic coding was indeed created by a greater intelligence beyond the limited scope of us humans on Earth.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I have already accepted the hypothesis we are them, we are descendants of extraterrestrial intelligence,; this being evident by intelligently designed mathematical patterns found in our genetic code. Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle. Based on this signal of intelligence left in our genetic code, I suspect our genetic coding was indeed created by a greater intelligence beyond the limited scope of us humans on Earth.
Yes his name is Yahweh.

Suave

Simulated character
Yes his name is Yahweh.

I realize our genetic code's Creator utilized genetic coding and base ten math conveying to me an Egyptian triangle inscribed in our DNA. Other than some few attributes, I fail to comprehend the nature of our genetic code's Creator. I have no way of knowing if our genetic code's Creator has a proper name, and if so, what would our genetic code's Creator's name be.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not really sure. It would be an absolutely profound discovery and realization, something that completely shakes up our perspectives and answers to the most fundamental questions of who we are and what makes us human.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting, but I honestly don't see how this would have any impact whatsoever on my worldview.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

In Scripture there can't (at this time) be any extraterrestrials because the ' sin issue ' has to be settled here first.
In other words, there is No intelligent life elsewhere at this time.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

I don’t know much about the movie, but the topic of “extra terrestrials” has always fascinated me. Since the concept has been the subject of movies and novels, for many decades, gaining more and more momentum with the aid of better graphics and very realistic portrayals, interest in beings that might exist “out there” has increased.

But, as a Christian, I have discovered “extra terrestrials” have existed since the beginning of time.

Since these “extra terrestrials” have often been portrayed as mythical creatures akin to fairies, the population at large have not taken them seriously.

images

images

images

Being portrayed as innocent infants or in feminine form, when there is nothing in scripture to suggest such a thing, we see that the Bible portrays them as exactly the opposite. They always appeared to God’s servants as able bodied men, who could exercise incredible power.

They obviously did not need literal wings to transport themselves because they could transfer between the physical and the spiritual realm instantly. But to a primitive people who had no concept of flight except with creatures who had wings, they were often presented as creatures who could fly....but not always. The angel Gabriel appeared to Daniel, Zechariah and Mary as a human who conversed with them, no wings are mentioned. (Daniel 8:15, Luke ch 1)

One angel executed 185,000 soldiers in the service of an Assyrian ruler who was opposing God’s people and mocking their God. (2 Kings 19:35)

The Creator himself is portrayed as their Supreme Deity and whose directions they carry out in strict obedience. No human knows where these beings reside. It’s called heaven, but what and where is heaven?

Since the term “extra terrestrial” simply means “outside of earth”, those spoken about in the Bible, but horribly misrepresented by the church, have been with us from the beginning.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

That idea also appears in graphic novels and other science fiction, sometimes. The movie Knowing starring Nicholas Cage has that concept in it. Another film is Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. These films allude to the suddenness of improvements in human culture.

History can plod along with very little change like a disinterested toroise, but there are moments in History when it seems like there is suddenly a an explosion of improvement in culture. For example: there could be a peace movement that begins thousands of years ago in Egypt. Where does it come from so suddenly? Space aliens?

Look at the Industrial Revolution which is quickly followed by all kinds of new technologies. I bet that a few centuries from now some people will wonder if aliens gave us all of that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Aliens from other worlds is an impossibility (not saying it, but thinking, it is a wild ignorant thought, perhaps good for the 'jokes' forum, if there is no forum for 'paranormal absurdities'). It won't change my views.