• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "if" you are wrong

MikeF

Premium Member
No, not really. The fact that there are so many competing and conflicting versions is a strong indicator that most people have not found the right version.

The entity is interested in folks getting it right and it has done everything it can do towards that end.

To those whom much has been given, much is expected. God does not expect people to do more than they are capable of as that would be unjust.

Well, if this works for you, what else can be said. :)

or so you believe. That's your choice. You cannot blame the entity for your choices.

Indeed. So I believe. And no, I shan't blame any entities for my choices. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
this weekend I got a hankering for some more good ole idea/belief exchange and discussion. For me, this is church fellowship! I love sharing God. However another perceives Him doesn't matter to me, because I don't question how God guides His children.
I don't question that either, but church fellowship usually presents problems for Baha'is because Christians believe we are going to hell. It doesn't matter to them that Baha'is believe in Jesus, we believe in Baha'u'llah too so that negates their belief that Jesus is the Only Way.

I don't go to churches but about a year ago I attended a GriefShare group at a church since my husband had passed on in 2022. It was a Bible-based group which didn't bother me, but I did not tell anyone I was a Baha'i. There were 13 weekly sessions and each had a video followed by a discussion. The most difficult session was the one about Heaven. The discussion led to how only Christians go to Heaven and how sad it is that they won't see their loved ones who were not Christians. Needless to say it was hard for me to keep quiet.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you are "told" to conduct your own investigation, how do you know that is really what you are supposed to do without believing the words of the person that told you?
We believe the words of the Messenger, not what other people tell us, and we believe what He says is the truth by investigating Him, what He did and what He wrote.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I don't question that either, but church fellowship usually presents problems for Baha'is because Christians believe we are going to hell. It doesn't matter to them that Baha'is believe in Jesus, we believe in Baha'u'llah too so that negates their belief that Jesus is the Only Way.
When I say church fellowship I don't mean it in just a Christian way. "Church" is the totality of God's children, and "fellowship" is two or more of those children coming together for Him.
I don't go to churches but about a year ago I attended a GriefShare group at a church since my husband had passed on in 2022. It was a Bible-based group which didn't bother me, but I did not tell anyone I was a Baha'i. There were 13 weekly sessions and each had a video followed by a discussion. The most difficult session was the one about Heaven. The discussion led to how only Christians go to Heaven and how sad it is that they won't see their loved ones who were not Christians.
So you were with Conservative Evangelical Christians -- probably fundamentalist, although that designation is rarely spoken anymore. They're the majority of the people around me! LOL
Needless to say it was hard for me to keep quiet.
It's often I have difficulty staying quite, but I acknowledge God works in mysterious ways and I give Him full rein to take me where he chooses.

I have the occasional situation of the Lord's Prayer being prayed aloud. Well, I don't pray aloud, and I don't pray the Lord's Prayer, so there I stand in quiet submission. I also don't pray to Jesus, so that can put me between a rock and a hard place if questioned. But I tell my truth and specify -- my way is not the only way. Boy can that stir the pot!!!! LOL So why I'm already in hot water I usually tell them I'm an Omnist, and when I clarify what that means I just except their offer to pray for me. LOL LOL

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
According to Baha'i beliefs, we should not believe the words of someone else. We are told to conduct our own independent investigation.

I am not still looking for a religion but I am always searching for truth since there is always more truth to discover.

I know, but I don't believe any of them are Prophets sent by God.

Ok, but if the truth lies outside of the parameters you given to yourself, you are probably not going to find it.

So I suppose we are similar in seeking, I just have more options. And hey, I doubt blame you. The only way to have a chance to get through it all is to start limiting your options.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No messenger needed when one can receive it themselves. Intermediaries just muddy the waters.
I do not believe we can receive anything from God directly, except inspiration and guidance.
I believe we need the Messengers as intermediaries in order to know anything about God or God's will.

We all have different beliefs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I also don't pray to Jesus, so that can put me between a rock and a hard place if questioned.
The rather odd thing is thaht I do pray to Jesus and God, but not to Baha'u'llah, but that doesn't get me out of the dog house with Christians since they believe that Jesus is the Only Way, period.
But I tell my truth and specify -- my way is not the only way. Boy can that stir the pot!!!! LOL So why I'm already in hot water I usually tell them I'm an Omnist, and when I clarify what that means I just except their offer to pray for me. LOL LOL
My water is hotter than your water. It exceeds the boiling point, since Baha'is believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ. I never tell anyone that though, except if it comes up in discussions on this forum.

Back in 2012, I lost a good friend who was a Christian when I told her I believed that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ. In 2012 she insisted that Jesus was going to return no later than next year, I wonder what she is thinking now.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
In 2012 she insisted that Jesus was going to return no later than next year, I wonder what she is thinking now.
Were you tempted to tell her, too late. He returned at the end of the 19th century? He just changed his name. [wink]

You should have seen my friend's face when she was admiring my little "see no, hear no, speak no" figurines, and I said "aren't they the cutest little baby Buddhas?" LOL Three things Southern Baptist question you having in your home are whiskey, Buddhas and JWs, and she's had to adjust to my having all. But she's learned to let me be. [smile] And I've taught her there's nothing to fear if your heart is right with God. But she still wavers. LOL

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Were you tempted to tell her, too late. He returned at the end of the 19th century? He just changed his name. [wink]
I knew her for a long time before I told her about my beliefs about the return of Christ. I met her on online support group for cats that have CRF since we both had Persian cats with CRF. I never got far enough to tell her that Christ returned as another man with a different name but it would not have mattered since as you know, it has to be the same man Jesus who returns, which is why Christians will be waiting for the return till hell freezes over...
You should have seen my friend's face when she was admiring my little "see no, hear no, speak no" figurines, and I said "aren't they the cutest little baby Buddhas?" LOL Three things Southern Baptist question you having in your home are whiskey, Buddhas and JWs, and she's had to adjust to my having all. But she's learned to let me be. [smile] And I've taught her there's nothing to fear if your heart is right with God. But she still wavers. LOL
It does not matter what you say, with fundamentalists it's Jesus or nothing, and it has to be their version of Jesus, not the JW or Catholic version. :eek:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most people who are cruel, do not act with cruelty in an obvious way, because the Law does not allow them, and they know they will get in trouble if they show cruelty.
Per Quran, even the worse mischief makers think they are good and don't perceive their evil ways. They deceive themselves what they are doing is for a good cause. People don't go out of their way to be cruel. In situations, they may feel forced to do it.

The reality of good and evil is more about mental clarity. How important is it to be on the truth of a conflict for example.

Humans don't usually tell themselves, let's go out of our way to be cruel. They are misguided.

Most evil comes about from love of Dunya and chasing caprice and illusionary world. It's when people are steered by chaotic winds and can't think clearly in a situation, due to caprice blinding them.

Serial killers are an exception to this rule, in that, they lost empathy as kids torturing animals and get a thrill out of killing humans later.

Everyone else, no one seeks cruelty.

As for people who torture others in jail, it all comes due to power structure. That is due illusion of power and fearing people over fearing God.

We Never Know

No Slack
To all that believe a god does exist and those that believe(or lack belief) a god does not exist.....
What if you are wrong? Will it matter?
I've saw several here that replied with "if I'm dead it won't matter"(or similar)

"If" a god does exist, why would it not matter when we are dead? What about your soul?(assuming "if" a god does exist, so does a soul)

Again. Don't get your shorts in a twist.. Its just discussion to explore thoughts.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Per Quran, even the worse mischief makers think they are good and don't perceive their evil ways. They deceive themselves what they are doing is for a good cause. People don't go out of their way to be cruel. In situations, they may feel forced to do it.

The reality of good and evil is more about mental clarity. How important is it to be on the truth of a conflict for example.

Humans don't usually tell themselves, let's go out of our way to be cruel. They are misguided.

Most evil comes about from love of Dunya and chasing caprice and illusionary world. It's when people are steered by chaotic winds and can't think clearly in a situation, due to caprice blinding them.

Serial killers are an exception to this rule, in that, they lost empathy as kids torturing animals and get a thrill out of killing humans later.

Everyone else, no one seeks cruelty.

As for people who torture others in jail, it all comes due to power structure. That is due illusion of power and fearing people over fearing God.
What about behavior of ISIS? Or the Talibaan toward their own people?
Or the cruelty of Iraqis when they were in war with Iran? Or the terrorists groups such as AL-Qaida? Or the cruelty of Hamas, when they killed people in Israel?

Similar things happened before by Pops in older ages.
Nowadays, many Muslims or Christians do not really believe in Hell though. Many of them are not religious, and many of those who are somewhat religious, do not really believe in a literal resurrection or hell. Even Saudi Arabia, is not enforcing many of the Sharia Laws anymore. This is why many Muslims are not cruel. Because they do not believe deeply in Hell or things like that.