• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if I Called You A Homosexual?

If, in passing, I was called a homosexual

• I would take great offense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wouldn't like it at all

• I would find it mildly disconcerting

• I would find it amusing

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I would regard it as stupid

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I wouldn't care one way or the other

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I have another answer

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
@Jollybear, I'm not sure what you are trying to understand by your posts here. I'm straight (felt the need to come out of the closet here since others did) and have no problem behaving with effeminate qualities if the situation calls for it.

After all, I was a single parent for several years and played the role of Dad and Mom. I was the only male at The Winner picking out prom dresses with his daughter.

You trying to be the mom and dad is not the same thing im describing here.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I wasnt using the word act to mean pretentious. Act as in action. Behavior.

Okay, so you meant 'behave.' Why would one be labeled as homosexual because they don't fit the stereotype of what you consider to be 'manly behavior?' Are you assuming just because one has effeminate qualities that one must have some association with homosexuality?

Is there a difference?

There could be. If he wanted to go outside steriotypes and wished to act different and not adhere or conform, then it may not be natural. But then again, it could.

But in anycase, the guy i knew at this job, i know for him it was natural and not pretentious.

Apologies if I missed the 'correlation' post. A correlation between what?

Is there a correlation between male homosexuals comming across with a girly personality and likewise is there a correlation of female homosexuals comming across male like?

Like, is there a correlation in the way the homosexual comes across due to the homosrxuality?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You trying to be the mom and dad is not the same thing im describing here.

Sure it is. In order to completely understand what my daughter wanted in a prom dress, I had to step outside stereotypical manly behaviors. I had to learn 2003 fashion take responsibility for dresses, hair, nails, etc. Playing Mom takes a good deal more effeminate behaviors than you might think.

I was a general contractor at the time, and while I took some ribbing for my more feminine qualities, I heard the whispers and conjectures that Salix may be gay from the crews.

Okay, so you meant 'behave.'

Yes.

Why would one be labeled as homosexual because they don't fit the stereotype of what you consider to be 'manly behavior?' Are you assuming just because one has effeminate qualities that one must have some association with homosexuality?

Im in the mental consideration of that assumption, yes. But im not full on board with it.

I just find it interesting that theres been a good handfull of cases in my life where the effeminate qualities or girly qualities as i put it, the cases i knew, i found out some of them wer homosexual. Like the one at an old job. I had a hunch he was homosexual due to how he acted girly. Later i found out he really was homosexual.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a correlation between male homosexuals comming across with a girly personality and likewise is there a correlation of female homosexuals comming across male like?

Like, is there a correlation in the way the homosexual comes across due to the homosrxuality?

No. There have been those I've encountered in life that were gay, but I never would have guessed it, from the most feminine gay female to the most masculine gay male.

Sure it is. In order to completely understand what my daughter wanted in a prom dress, I had to step outside stereotypical manly behaviors. I had to learn 2003 fashion take responsibility for dresses, hair, nails, etc. Playing Mom takes a good deal more effeminate behaviors than you might think.

I was a general contractor at the time, and while I took some ribbing for my more feminine qualities, I heard the whispers and conjectures that Salix may be gay from the crews.

But, i think theres a difference between you DOING GIRLY things with your daughter, verses BEING GIRLY in your behavior.

What difference do you perceive here?

The difference i see is due to you being a single parrent and you happen to have a daughter, you have no choice but to go through prom dresses verses a suit and tie.

But, thats different then say commin across as if you wer a girl. As in girly. Like, girly voice, hands goin all over the place. Tipsy in your walk. Not a manley approuch.

You see the difference?

One is activities and the other is behavior or personality.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
But, thats different then say commin across as if you wer a girl. As in girly. Like, girly voice, hands goin all over the place. Tipsy in your walk. Not a manley approuch.

You see the difference?

So we're back to social stereotypes? I guess I need a definition of "girly" from you. What is a "girly" voice? A higher pitch? Men don't talk with their hands? What is a "tipsy walk?" I get that when I drink too much scotch. Is scotch girly?

So we're back to social stereotypes? I guess I need a definition of "girly" from you. What is a "girly" voice? A higher pitch? Men don't talk with their hands? What is a "tipsy walk?" I get that when I drink too much scotch. Is scotch girly?

I wish i could show you a video of the guy i knew at my past job. Nice guy, great to talk too. I never looked down on him for behaving girly.

But, the guys at your work that thought you may have been gay due to your association to your daughters activities. Either they wer joking with you, or they wer stupid.

The activity is not the behavior.

Let me think how else i can define it. I think its the pitch in the voice. There body language.

It wasnt just this guy at my past job either.

My mom once bred some pomeranian dogs and she got 2 guys who had another dog to do it with. Well, when the 2 guys came in the door and started to talk, i knew right off the bat they was gay. They sounded gay, there mannerisms was gayish.

It was only a little while later, i think a few days later, we all found out they wer married.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Very. For your own safety you should package up your Scotch and ship it to me.

masonlandry

Some straight men act girly?

Absolutely. I've known several who do act typically feminine. One of my cousins has set off my gaydar since he was 4 years old, but he has maintained to this day that he is totally straight, and I have no reason to think he is anything else. But he's like a walking stereotype of a campy gay guy. It's kind of funny when we hang out because I'm gay and fairly typically masculine but you'd think the exact opposite.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm talking about referencing you as a homosexual in passing, such as:

"Talk about TV programs, (s)he probably likes X because (s)he's a homosexual."

I, RF member,

1. would take great offense at being referred to as a homosexual because . . . .
2. wouldn't like to be referred to as a homosexual at all because . . . .
3. would find it mildly disconcerting to be referred to as a homosexual because . . . .
4. would find it amusing to be referred to as a homosexual because . . . .
5. would regard it as stupid to be referred to as a homosexual because . . . .
6. wouldn't care one way or the other if I was referred to as a homosexual because . . . .
7. have another answer​

4. As the person making the claim (serious) has merely demonstrated they know nothing about me Ergo displaying their ignorance. I have no issue laughing at that type of ignorance.

*I included serious in the above as the OP example is not one of insults like ***. *** being an insult here.* (3 letter word starting with F.)

*edit for filter clarifcation*

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Some straight men act girly?
The vast majority of male crossdressers I have met (I live in Portland) have been straight. Heck the best known crossdressing media figure is.
Eddie+Izzard+Carol+Vorderman+Celebs+Hit+Red+Kdy0OnOw4vJl.jpg

Skwim

Veteran Member
It's true.
I've counseled a friend on how to be macho.
Example.....
- Don't apologize unless really necessary.
- Drink from a glass, not from a straw.
- Don't skip while singing show tunes.
WHATDOYAMEAN No skipping while singing show tunes???

Last edited: