• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if homosexuality is deemed "wrong"? Then what?

MSizer

MSizer
OK, I can't get a word in edgewise now in a related post, so I may as well open it up to anyone who feels that god disapproves of homosexuality. My question then is that even if it were somehow shown that homosexuality is "bad" (whatever that means), what do you propose we do about it? Do we kill them? Do we outlaw their practices? Will they magically vanish?

Tyr

Proud viking :D:D
IF it is outlawed it's going to be an unenforceable law, in the U.S.A anyway; although if it were to be outlawed in other countries with laws that are, well plainly put, enforced in more brutal ways, yes they would be put to death.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Nah - reap what u sow, it will take care of itself. It's up to the Lord.
Ah yes, up to God...
Interesting, is it not, that according to many people, God punishes innocent people for the sin of homosexuality.
Seems to me that Katrina was one such Godly punishment presented by some of them.

Ted Bottle

Freshman Member
Why should homosexuality be outlawed simply because of what a few men wrote in the Old and New Testaments. Jesus was silent on the subject. Should we outlaw other minorities such as those who are left handed, red haired, blue eyed? Religious bodies love to interfere, to dominate, regulate and make themselves busy-bodies. Thank goodness they have less power in world affairs than in the past.

arimoff

you wont see G-D bringing down fire or something lol, but He works in mysteries ways, simple result is the failure of that society.

MSizer

MSizer
Evidenced by the fall of Sweden, Canada, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands.:rolleyes:

Oh man, don't get me started. It's been pandamonium over here since we legalized homosexual marriage. There's one now stealing my living room stereo as we speak.

misanthropic_clown

In my religion, homosexual members are instructed to practice chastity and self control as to not act out on any homosexual urges.

Though the church advocates against same sex marriage as in the proposition 8 campaign, along with previous more covert activity to the same objective of countering same-sex marriage, it does not seek to otherwise restrict the freedom of homosexual individuals to do as they choose. There are also many members who are politically inclined to grant the right to same-sex marriage, and are free to do so without any risk of discipline in the church.

As far as in the longer term, which I am not sure whether you were asking for, the LDS faith believes same sex attraction will either not exist after death and resurrection, or it will in some other way be overcome by homosexuals.

ragordon168

so how would you tell the gay community they cant do something. Blacks were told for centuaries by the whites that they were second class and werent allowed to do the things the whites could do. now this is disgusting to the majority of western society so why should gays have to put up with the same thing.

if you tell a gay couple they cant hav sex the way they want then you would have to make it the same for straight couples as well. and how could you enforce that? the thought police of '1984'?

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
OK, I can't get a word in edgewise now in a related post, so I may as well open it up to anyone who feels that god disapproves of homosexuality. My question then is that even if it were somehow shown that homosexuality is "bad" (whatever that means), what do you propose we do about it? Do we kill them? Do we outlaw their practices? Will they magically vanish?

We would, hopefully, take measures to eliminate it as we do any other disease.