• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens When You Die?

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
You're right.Sometimes people are very ignorant and dishonest about the spirit of God and what it means for that eternal creative power to be the one and only source of all that is, was, or shall be.

So when Jesus became the pure unblemished lamb on the cross, taking the sins of the world upon himself there and making that capital punishment device exploited by the Romans, but by no means invented by then, as an altar that was initially designed to hang and shame the dregs of Roman society, he continued to send the message he'd delivered in his earthly ministry.
God humbled himself to save the lowest of the low and the greatest of the great. He died as the last sacrifice for sin.Cleansing the world so that all who believe are saved. And all who are not are assured salvation.

There are very ignorant dishonest people who argue, when they speak of the King of Heaven, on behalf of exclusivity. Rather than inclusion.
"God is ours!" As if he's property who, as creator, suffers pride and designates favorites among all he created and set upon the earth to act according to his will.

They're what many like to call naive. And when they die, surprised.
In a sense God owns everyone, he even says in Ezekiel 18 that all souls are his, but that does not mean that everyone possesses God, not all men are born again and have the Spirit of God indwelling them.

You seem to imply that all men will be saved, which does not agree with what scripture teaches:

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nope, I've been very lucky. Two accidents - our truck was hit and thrown into a deep ditch, bounced, hit the other side, and was thrown back onto the highway, and the second, I have already told you guys about. I did a 360 on black ice, in the middle of the highway, and went off backward. LOL! It is not smart to ride on black ice. Put the toys away for the winter. :D Other then a bump and a scrape, I wasn't hurt either time.

However, being interested in such, - I have been reading the brain studies.

The line seems rather gray.
Too often the retort.....you are still here....you didn't die.

I've had that bad accident.
I put my fingers into my injuries and felt no pain.
They say a man about to die won't feel pain.
Hence the notion a wounded man is more dangerous.

I've been interested ever since, about life after death.
Seems to me the loss of pain is step one.

My thoughts remained intact.
No panic....no fear.

I suspect the ability to continue is waiting for any of us.
It's just a matter of peace.
I suspect heaven is careful about allowing the continuance.

godnotgod

Thou art That
God is loving and gracious, the soul can be what we call "regenerated" basically God will come and change your from the inside out when you get saved, when you get saved and receive salvation the Spirit of God comes to dwell within you, this is why so many people experience changed lives after coming to know Christ, sure you might say instant vaporization is better, but you are not God and God is a lot more merciful and loving in his dealings than you, (or I ) would be.

But you haven't answered the questions:

What and where is the soul, this entity that is supposed to be the individual self called "I"?

What if, instead of many individual selves or souls, we are simply actions of the entire universe, in the same manner that ocean waves are actions of the entire ocean? IOW, we fool ourselves into thinking we are separate from the universe, when we, in fact, ARE the universe.

Why would God want to save that which has a sin nature? The nature of something is exactly that which it is; it's very virtue, without which it would not be what it is. So without its sin nature, man would cease to be man, at least according to your doctrine. Why would God go to all the bloody trouble of crucifixion to save that which is not worth saving?

godnotgod

Thou art That

That is merely your assumption, based upon your own self-delusion that you are an individual self that can continue. That which you call soul or self, is merely an actor on this world stage whose scene is over at death. It's already been played out. But you want to carry the toxic residues of the past into the future, contaminating what is pure and pristine. There is nothing that you are now, either good or evil, that would be of any use in a world far superior in every way to this one. You would just be a has-been, a clumsy oddity amongst the supreme and deft, doting around like an unwanted guest. Everyone would know you as who you were, but not as who you are, which is not who you think you are. That which you think you are must first die in order to realize who you actually are, which is the divine nature itself pretending to be who you think you are, in the cosmic game of Hide and Seek.

And yes, I am God, and so are you, and so is everyone and everything else, but not the God you think is God, or the God of the Bible, which is the God that men with limited minds think is God.

We see nothing else in nature 'continuing' after death. Snowflakes, though unique, die and do not come back in that particular pattern. Why should we? The uniqueness of the snowflake is its charm, but only in its brief existence. You want to freeze reality to go on forever, but you don't realize that in doing so, you are unwittingly creating death.

You 'suspect' a lot, which is only conjecture. Stop the opinions, beliefs, doctrines, conjectures about what Reality is, and let's get with Reality itself.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
In a sense God owns everyone, he even says in Ezekiel 18 that all souls are his, but that does not mean that everyone possesses God, not all men are born again and have the Spirit of God indwelling them.

That's ridiculous. God, as owner of men's souls, is a terrible caretaker. He begins by placing a poisonous fruit right in the very midst of his precious children, and then tells them not to eat of it, causing them to eat of it. It's the first Sting Operation by the Big Cop, which ends up not being to his advantage, as the Devil gets the lion's share of souls in the end anyway. God is a dolt.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The line seems rather gray.
Too often the retort.....you are still here....you didn't die.

I've had that bad accident.
I put my fingers into my injuries and felt no pain.
They say a man about to die won't feel pain.
Hence the notion a wounded man is more dangerous.

I've been interested ever since, about life after death.
Seems to me the loss of pain is step one.

My thoughts remained intact.
No panic....no fear.

It's just a matter of peace.

However it is still a matter of brain death.

If your brain is uninjured, Every system in your body can shut down and be kept working by machines, and you are alive and thinking.

BUT - if every system in your body is being kept working by machines, but you are brain dead - then you are truly DEAD. They are just keeping organs alive for transplanting.

It all comes down to the brain.

Many studies have been done on NDE's. Most people stop feeling pain - for obvious reasons. Most have narrowed vision - resulting in a tunnel of light, etc.

After that - it is what you - THINK, - what you have been trained to believe will happen. That is what your dying brain goes to. Different religions have different experiences, as do Atheists. The brain tries to ease our death. No God required.

Apple Sugar

If God is source for souls in man, because all things emanate from the creator, as scripture says, man can't but possess God within themselves.
If all souls are his, how does he not indwell in all people with souls? The souls are his creation.

You seem to imply that all men will be saved, which does not agree with what scripture teaches:
1Timothy 4:10 certainly does.
Otherwise, look what you would be arguing. That God, all knowing, predestines souls for Hell as they are burdened with the unrepentant sin that Jesus died to take away.
If Jesus died on the cross and took the sins of the world upon himself there, no one can die with their sins attached to assure their damnation after life, unless Jesus failed.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Speaking prior to Jesus crucifixion. Works do not save us. God's grace saves us.

You might find this interesting per Revelation 20:12
Commentary.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
However it is still a matter of brain death.

If your brain is uninjured, Every system in your body can shut down and be kept working by machines, and you are alive and thinking.

BUT - if every system in your body is being kept working by machines, but you are brain dead - then you are truly DEAD. They are just keeping organs alive for transplanting.

It all comes down to the brain.

Many studies have been done on NDE's. Most people stop feeling pain - for obvious reasons. Most have narrowed vision - resulting in a tunnel of light, etc.

After that - it is what you - THINK, - what you have been trained to believe will happen. That is what your dying brain goes to. Different religions have different experiences, as do Atheists. The brain tries to ease our death. No God required.

I don't believe that.
If you retain any awareness....death takes from you all that you know or love.

Nothing easy about that.

And I suspect the hardship intensifies in the next life.

Those who are able might se it as heaven.
Those not so able see it as hell.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Solubility....not here....ever.
Questions....way too many....unaswered.
Answers....Yahhhhh....but too few hear.
Spirits will soar, if they exist.
Mine will be there, if it exists.
One must ask one's own questions.
Provide one's own answers.
Be someone's dwindling memory.
See you on the other side freinds.
Hopefully, if not.....
~
'mud

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Given that all evidence points to us NOT retaining awareness when we die, this is a hypothetical I can live with quite well ;)

There won't be evidence to support your denial.

I see no cause to favor denial.
There are too many copies of a learning device, forming new souls on each occasion.....only to have each one fail into dust.

There won't be evidence to support your denial.

I see no cause to favor denial.
There are too many copies of a learning device, forming new souls on each occasion.....only to have each one fail into dust.

I'm sorry, I totally forgot:
I should know by now that you can't really respond to the actual things writen to you, and make a coherent argument.

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
If God is source for souls in man, because all things emanate from the creator, as scripture says, man can't but possess God within themselves.
If all souls are his, how does he not indwell in all people with souls? The souls are his creation.

1Timothy 4:10 certainly does.
Otherwise, look what you would be arguing. That God, all knowing, predestines souls for Hell as they are burdened with the unrepentant sin that Jesus died to take away.
If Jesus died on the cross and took the sins of the world upon himself there, no one can die with their sins attached to assure their damnation after life, unless Jesus failed.

Speaking prior to Jesus crucifixion. Works do not save us. God's grace saves us.

You might find this interesting per Revelation 20:12
Commentary.

That passage is talking about being judged for *EVIL* works.

it's not talking about works for justification at all, the great white throne is a judgment upon those who do not know Christ, and actually that verse is written a long time after Jesus' Crucifixion.

godnotgod

Thou art That

And yet, here we are, each one falling into dust without fail, the implication being that the 'learning device' was obviously not meant to go on forever.

There is not something that 'goes on'; there is only That which is, and That is this eternal, unborn, deathless Present Moment.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And yet, here we are, each one falling into dust without fail, the implication being that the 'learning device' was obviously not meant to go on forever.

There is not something that 'goes on'; there is only That which is, and That is this eternal, unborn, deathless Present Moment.

and I'm sure that you are smiling...and will have one put on your face as they prep you for your coffin.

godnotgod

Thou art That
and I'm sure that you are smiling...and will have one put on your face as they prep you for your coffin.

They can do whatever they like to my old getup, but I won't be in it.

How much longer are you going to allow your costume to yank you around and into the grave?
:slap:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Short post...A lot of people are cremated and their ashes scattered or preserved in some sort of cruel container.
A lot of people are buried or contained in some sort of cruel container or casket of some sort.
~
I wonder what is the best form of internment, and why ?
~
Thats all...answers anyone ?
~
'mud

Last edited by a moderator: